• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Shadows Release November 15, 2024

EDMIX

Let’s drop the culture war discussion and “racism” accusations. Discuss the game or place the thread on ignore.

I'm ok with this.

but

images

lol

Now that we are just talking bout the game (and thank god for that)

Japan is made up of many islands, will this have traversal like Odyssey, Origins and Valhalla where we got that little ship? lol

Cherry Blossoms (or sakura) , to see them come, you also have to see them go. Does it have seasons? Like time passing by?

Body parts, can we dismember, like behead?

I only really have a few questions tbh, most won't be deal breakers, but I'd say for the most part, this is generally what I want to know.

The Valhalla gameplay reveal was a couple of months after the cinematic (end of April to July 2020) - so it may be that long until the gameplay can actually be discussed.

Cherry Blossoms (or sakura) , to see them come, you also have to see them go. Does it have seasons? Like time passing by?

Seasons change based on the main missions.

From the IGN preview:

dynamic winds will procedurally blow swirls of pollen in the spring and pull leaves from branches in the fall

This system is from Avatar.

“We want the combat to feel spectacular, so we've pushed quite a bit on having a lot of the objects destroyable or sliceable,” explains Dumont. The upgraded Anvil engine upon which Assassin’s Creed Shadows is built can now realistically replicate the damage caused by every type of weapon, from accurate sword slices to perfect arrow puncture marks. Think Fruit Ninja but with, well, almost every prop that’s in Shadows’ world.

And this sounds like The Division physics. So they are porting Snowdrop features to the Anvil engine.

Top Bottom