• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asobo is working on another partnership with Microsoft

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Finally, the studio says that in addition to the 10-year support for Flight Simulator, they are working on two new projects, one of which will be with Focus Home, while the second is another fruit of a partnership with Microsoft.
Original Source

gojira96

Funny to think about how widely different their last 'games' are, A Plague's Tale: Innocence is beautiful linear AA game (could easily pass as AAA at times), the other is Microsoft Flight Simulator, by far the most famous amateur flight simulator there is.

A lot of talent at Asobo... This partnership could be anything from full exclusivity, timed exclusivity or even an acquisition (?)

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Funny to think about how widely different their last 'games' are, A Plague's Tale: Innocence is beautiful linear AA game (could easily pass as AAA at times), the other is Microsoft Flight Sikukatoe, by far the most famous amateur flight simulator there is.

A lot of talent at Asobo... This partnership could be anything from full exclusivity, timed exclusivity or even an acquisition (?)

yeah i did a double take when i heard that the company who made one of my favourite games this year made a bloody flight sim and not just any old flight sim.... I mean you couldnt get any more diverse

Finally a new Microsoft Space Simulator.

Literally didn't know this was a thing until I just looked. PLEASE make this happen! It's the closest I'll get to ever flying in space, I need this xD

The fact that they haven't made a new one yet shows how out of touch with gamers Microsoft has been.

Well Nintendo hasn't made a new F-Zero since AC and GX (and that was a collab with SEGA), does that mean Nintendo are out of touch with gamers too? ;)

Absolutely loved A Plagues Tale, it was just brilliant and dont be locking it away on Xbax, im barely over losing Elder Scrolls 6 ffs

But you haven't lost anything. Nothing's stopping you from buying an Xbox, or just playing the game on PC or mobile. What's with the weird fear that games are being taken away from people just because PS might not get them?

Last edited:

Aladin

Three ingredients of a good game : good engine, lot of money, good studio.

Playground games should also be given due credit for success of mfs.

Reindeer

You really think something like that would sell? They are not of touch about that at all.
Not every game has to sell very well, some of them can be made to lure more players in and make your library more diverse. Breaking even for such games would still be a success in grand scheme of things. Microsoft has spent a lot money this gen making games that sold very poorly (Crackdown 3, Bleeding Edge, etc), games that I think Crimson Skies sequel would outsell comfortably. And there's GamePass, a service that allows games to be made that otherwise wouldn't be made because sales of the games wouldn't matter that much as the focus is user engagement and diverse library.

Btw speaking about sales, Banjo Kazooie remake would probably sell a ton as many good platformers do these days, but you don't see Microsoft being even mildly interested in making it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Microsoft has spent a lot money this gen making games that sold very poorly (Crackdown 3, Bleeding Edge, etc)
Bleeding Edge was already a thing before they acquired Ninja Theory. It would have happened anyway.

Reindeer

Bleeding Edge was already a thing before they acquired Ninja Theory. It would have happened anyway.
They could have cancelled it if they wanted to as it was still 2 years away from release, probably vast majority of its development time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom