• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrowhead teasing Helldivers 2

Ogbert

I really wanted to like the first game, but it had just about the worst control scheme of any top down shooter I can remember.

Little Mac

bored waiting GIF

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
helldivers 1 around launch was one of my favorite online MP games ever. then they added a bunch of OP items as DLC and fucked it all up.

anyway i'm really looking forward to the sequel. i hope they stick with the top down perspective and don't make it some generic 3rd person shooter.

helldivers 1 around launch was one of my favorite online MP games ever. then they added a bunch of OP items as DLC and fucked it all up.

anyway i'm really looking forward to the sequel. i hope they stick with the top down perspective and don't make it some generic 3rd person shooter.

I mean how can it be OP when the game is cooperative and you're all working together?

Thief1987

It's almost 7.5 years since the first game. It should be something much bigger than just top-down twin stick shooter.

Last edited:

drezz

Hope Helldivers 2 has the option to play with PSVR2
Such great potential, dropping from the pods, viewing from the inside and feeling the *Thump* of landing via the vibration on the headsett it self.
Using and mounting weaponry inside vehicles such as tank turrets and what not.
Bombing with mortar rounds or hellfire multi rocket fire launcher.
Offff... a guy can dream.

But Helldivers as a top down shooter like the first one is also very very welcomed, loved running around with friends and family locally and just having a blast.

[Sigma]

Loved Helldivers. Got the Platinum with the dlc stuff as well. Met a lot of PS/PC folks in that game. Guiding people towards trophies was fun. So im definitely down for a sequel.

Last edited:

tmlDan

I played the first one for a bit when it launched but never completed it, i have more time now so id love a new one - the first one was great from what i remember.

nial

Gold Member
So, let me guess. Cross-gen, day one on PC and PS Plus Extra, right...?

maybe not the last bit.

Jebron

I really wanted to like the first game, but it had just about the worst control scheme of any top down shooter I can remember.
This. So much this. I really, really wanted to love the first one. Everything (except the fucking horrendous controls) about this game was just awesome.

tmlDan

Not sure if this was shared anywhere but Dusk is claiming he had it, shared it in private and it was leaked....also claims there's a PS showcase in Sept.

G8dW5Hg.png

Top Bottom