• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core VI perf and resolution details for current and last gen consoles have just been revealed

image.png

PS5​

Max Resolution: Up to 3840x2160
Framerate: Up to 60FPS
HDR: Supported
Raytracing: Supported (Garage only)

PS4 PRO​

Max Resolution: Up to 3200x1800
Framerate: Up to 30FPS

PS4​

Max Resolution: Up to 1920x1080

XBOX SERIES X​

XBOX SERIES S​

Max Resolution: Up to 2560X1440

XBOX ONE X​

XBOX ONE​

Max Resolution: Up to 1600x900
HDR: Not Supported

Zuzu

30fps isn't gonna be too great in a fast-paced action game like this. Series S is doing well for this game with 1440p & 60fps.

Last edited:

Pelao

Now I just need to know if it makes use of the DualSense features in any meaningful way. That's the only remaining piece of information I need to decide whether to buy it for Xbox or PS5.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The PC version should be amazing and the ultimate way to experience the game, if everything that's said until now turns true:

zqhsl10v98jb1.webp

It's possible, but I doubt they "brought in" anyone. It's comparing apples to oranges. The RAM requirements alone are probably a lot more lax for a game like Armored Core.

Fbh

Sounds good, hopefully it actually reaches those targets consistently.

up to 60fps.....UP TO....
So this will not be stable 60fps same like Elden Ring.

Almost every dev says up to.
Because if they promise locked 60fps and the game runs at 60fps 99% of time but then digital foundry shows brief drops during some of the more demanding parts (literally seconds in a 20 hours long game) some people will loose their shit

Granty666uk

Now I just need to know if it makes use of the DualSense features in any meaningful way. That's the only remaining piece of information I need to decide whether to buy it for Xbox or PS5.
Same here. Got a funny feeling it will do nothing special with the haptics.

Lokaum D+

image.png

PS5​

PS4 PRO​

PS4​

XBOX SERIES X​

XBOX SERIES S​

XBOX ONE X​

XBOX ONE​

at least they are not promoting the game as "locked 60fps" so expect a lot of frame drops and stutters

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
image.png

PS5​

PS4 PRO​

PS4​

XBOX SERIES X​

XBOX SERIES S​

XBOX ONE X​

XBOX ONE​

Nice! Thank you for posting this.

SkylineRKR

900p and no HDR, they might as well just release nothing for Xbox One.

Sounds about right for this game, I didn't expect 120hz for consoles. The perf looks okay in previews, but its a FROM game. Expect no magic.

Keep that kind of radical thinking to yourself.

It runs at 2x the framerate compared to Pro and X1X, with Garage RT from PS5 and XSX. Load times will obviously be superior to last-gen too. Sounds like a good version of this game to me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I played Elden Ring on my PS5 and barely had any issue with it, its going be same with Armored Core VI.

twilo99

It runs at 2x the framerate compared to Pro and X1X, with Garage RT from PS5 and XSX. Load times will obviously be superior to last-gen too. Sounds like a good version of this game to me.

Its almost as if it has current gen capabilities.. those devs must be magicians.

MikeM

Sweet. Going to wait for DF before buying on PS5 or PC. Thankful they aren’t forcing useless features on us to drive resolution and frames down.

JaksGhost

Let’s hope it’s better than the PS5 native version of Elden Ring, something weird with that version whereas the PS4 version is locked with barely much difference.
What's weird? It's using backwards compatibility to boost the PS4 Pro version. The Series X would gain the same boost if it was able to play the One X version, but alas only VRR can actually clean up those frame drops.

vkbest

What's weird? It's using backwards compatibility to boost the PS4 Pro version. The Series X would gain the same boost if it was able to play the One X version, but alas only VRR can actually clean up those frame drops.
DF tested it, One X version run even worse than native version in series X.

Stamps1646

1440/120, I can't wait. Friday is upon us. =)
I wish RT options on PC weren't only in Garage, would have been nice to at least have RT shadows or reflections during Mission play.

Lokaum D+

Tbh, they received quite a bit of hate with Elden Ring due to performance issues on both current gen consoles and PC (stutter) so I guess they now err on the side of caution. :p
tbh Elden Ring looks way WAY better then this, graphically, technically and artistically, this game should be running at LOCKED 60fps and not "UP TO", they indeed received "quite a bit of hate" for ER performance but i dont believe that they have changed at all.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Actually after this game is Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree expansion.
That's just a DLC, might be coming next year or so... I wish more devs took From Software example, this gen they released so far:
- Armored Core
- Dark Souls 3
- Sekiro
- Elden Ring
- Dark Souls Remastered

All quality games, all critically and commercials successful... Same for Capcom, what's stopping others that's not stopping them?

Crunch shouldn't be it since everyone gets it anyway.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That's just a DLC, might be coming next year or so... I wish more devs took From Software example, this gen they released so far:
- Armored Core
- Dark Souls 3
- Sekiro
- Elden Ring
- Dark Souls Remastered

All quality games, all critically and commercials successful... Same for Capcom, what's stopping others that's not stopping them?

Crunch shouldn't be it since everyone gets it anyway.
This might tigger most people on GAF but because FROM doesn't waste their time and resource to make "high tech graphics" and instead put their resources on things that matters most......actual game itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom