• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arm Wrestling: Devon Larratt vs. Levan Saginashvili

GxgCnbg.jpg

The legendary arm wrestlers are meeting on the table at the upcoming 'King of the Table 4' event on 25th June in Dubai.
Levan is seven times World Arm wrestling Champion, six times European arm wrestling champion, and the World Cup 2017 champion. The towering 170 kg puller possesses 50cm forearm and 60cm biceps and has defeated Dave Chaffee 6-0 in Kyiv, Ukraine back in September. Levan is an outright monster and considered the strongest arm wrestler in the world.

Devon Larratt is the most famous American Canadian arm wrestler in the world and focused on taking on this giant in a truly David vs. Goliath type match. Devon who is 47 recently beat aging arm wrestling legend John Brzenk (57) who returned to the world of arm wrestling once more:

Devon also defeated Michael Todd who stood no chance against the dominating power of his right arm. The match against Levan will certainly be an uphill struggle, but Devon is already going full Warrior Poet mode:

It's going to be the biggest match in the history of the sport. I'm not an expert, but arm wrestling is entertaining to watch, especially with charismatic athletes such as Devon. Levan is probably the strongest arm wrestler ever, but I'm personally rooting for the underdog.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Levan should win this pretty comfortably. He's pretty much better everywhere and has no weaknesses. Devon looks like he's packing some pounds though.

Devon Larratt is the most famous American arm wrestler in the world and focused on taking on this giant in a truly David vs. Goliath type match. Devon who is 47 recently beat aging arm wrestling legend John Brzenk (57) who returned to the world of arm wrestling once more:

Devon is Canadian, not American.

Levan should win this pretty comfortably. He's pretty much better everywhere and has no weaknesses. Devon looks like he's packing some pounds though.

Devon is Canadian, not American.

Oops, true I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.
I'm not an expert on arm wrestling, I just find it entertaining. Levan is definitely the stronger arm wrestler, but I think Devon will win this with his superior technique.

There doesn't seem to be much interest in arm wrestling on here.

Sylvester Stallone Baseball Cap GIF by Warner Archive

C'mon turn your hat around people! :messenger_winking:

Kev Kev

Thanks op I just spent the past hour watching Arm wrestling vids 😂. Larratt seems very cool though.
arm wrestling is quite the youtube hole to fall down. its a big sport that people take really really seriously. i liken it to powerlifting, where its a huge sport that a lot of people are into, but youd never know about it if you didnt fall into a youtube hole or something. fascinating stuff tho

fencing is another interesting youtube hole. that sport is insane. i watched hours of fencing competitions in the middle of the night one time bc i coudlnt sleep, and i still dont know anything about how the sport works lol. but it was super fascinating

ChazAshley

Gold Member
arm wrestling is quite the youtube hole to fall down. its a big sport that people take really really seriously. i liken it to powerlifting, where its a huge sport that a lot of people are into, but youd never know about it if you didnt fall into a youtube hole or something. fascinating stuff tho

fencing is another interesting youtube hole. that sport is insane. i watched hours of fencing competitions in the middle of the night one time bc i coudlnt sleep, and i still dont know anything about how the sport works lol. but it was super fascinating
Agreed. The almighty YouTube algorithm does give me something that fascinates me for a bit. Basically any professional version of a often common activity or game we didnt take too seriously. Darts is another example, some of those tournaments are a blast to watch.

skneogaf

Really looking forward to this, if devon can do his thing in the setup for 5 minutes before each "go" then he may be able to get a stop round 3 or 4 and Devon the vampire will absorb all levans energy and there's only one winner that way.

I won't be surprised if levan just crushes devon 6-0 to be honest.

Press conference:

Kinda love how low key and low budget this sport still is. I mean Devon is eating French fries at the press conference:

nFTOqt7.jpg

Last edited:
Oops, true I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.
I'm not an expert on arm wrestling, I just find it entertaining. Levan is definitely the stronger arm wrestler, but I think Devon will win this with his superior technique.

There doesn't seem to be much interest in arm wrestling on here.

Sylvester Stallone Baseball Cap GIF by Warner Archive

C'mon turn your hat around people! :messenger_winking:
Ever since watching this movie as a kid, there's something I always wondered, and you can probably clear it up for me. That whole "over the top" thing isn't exactly real and was just made up for the movie, right? Because in the small number of arm wrestling matches that I have seen, I've never seen them doing that. As someone who has likely watched a lot more of the real thing than I have, what's the deal there?

Ever since watching this movie as a kid, there's something I always wondered, and you can probably clear it up for me. That whole "over the top" thing isn't exactly real and was just made up for the movie, right? Because in the small number of arm wrestling matches that I have seen, I've never seen them doing that. As someone who has likely watched a lot more of the real thing than I have, what's the deal there?

Arm Wrestling is as much about strength as it is about technique. That's why many skilled pullers like "Schoolboy" or Devon can win against much bigger foes. There are lots of different techniques involved, one basic move is to "top roll" your opponent.

9GVqDUM.jpg

So yeah it is kinda real as Stallone seeks to pronate his wrist and get his hands and fingers into a better position. Once he's done that, it's game over for his opponent. There are Lots of tricks like that:

As you see positioning is extremely important and even subtle changes make a big difference when it comes to leverage. What makes this match interesting is that we have one of the strongest pullers competing versus one of the most technical versed ones. That is why you will probably see lots of bickering from Devon at the start of each round.

Last edited:
1-0 for Levan

Devon off to two early starts. Restrapping. Levan trying the King's move, but Levan not budging...

2-0 for Levan

Doesn't look too good for Devon.

Last edited:

Smokken

Banned
The only ppv I've payed for, ever. Been following these guys for a long time. Devon fanboys were delusional thinking he had any chance at all. Don't get me wrong, I like him as a person but he wasn't even close. Levan was toying with him the whole match, insane power.

Top Bottom