• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you ever embarrassed by your sweatiness?

KO7

Excessive sweating (exacerbated tenfold by being embarrassed/anxious about the initial sweating) has ruined many social or potential social situations for me. It’s been so bad that if I could magically pick one of:
- magically grow taller
- instantly be fluent in any one additional language
- have perfect hearing (I’m hearing impaired)
- sweat normally ,
I would 100% without a doubt choose the last one. I’ve sought medical help to no avail as it’s not hyperhydrosis localized in specific areas. It usually starts in the forehead which makes social situations terrifying and then spreads all over if it’s really hot out and the anxiety and panic sets in. In the summertime, I’ve avoided entire outdoor wedding ceremonies by hiding somewhere indoors. I just absolutely dread summer weddings for this reason and would be extremely fearful of excessive sweating if I ever got married, regardless of the weather and wedding venue, and controlled indoor temperature.

Over the years as I’ve matured and gained more confidence, the sweating that’s exacerbated by nervousness and anxiety has become a lot more controllable now, admittedly. But the problem of heat-caused excessive sweating has not subsided despite losing a bunch of weight and in generally average-good fitness shape now.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
The hottest it gets in Austria in Summer is about ~40°C on average. Once some years back we had 42 for a day (~108°F).
At that heat, nobody gives a shit anymore, everyone is sweating, some more than others, but everyone feels awkward. So no need to worry.

Last edited:
My ass is also sopping wet, but I’m wearing black shorts so that’s my little secret.
lmao this is too real

Seriously though, for anyone with sweaty pits, check out the Thompson Tee--it's a t-shirt with padding under the arms that absorbs any sweat. As someone who needs to wear dress shirts all the time, absolutely changed my life

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yeah i have immense sweat problem. i also have poor sense of smell because of some diseases i had as a kid. that's a bad combination lol. many times i have been told i smell horrible and i have no idea. it is one of the curses of my life. lol.

one time i was doing it w a woman and it was really hot in the summer and i lived in this tiny shack w no AC and was dripping sweat all over her and it was getting in her eyes and stuff lol and i had to stop and towel off it cos was embarassing as fuck. hahaha.

I have hyperhidrosis on my underarms, it was awful growing up but it can easily be controled by using some dermatologist prescribed antiperspirant. I wish I found out this was a THING sooner so yeah baby if you sweat a lot in a specific area (underarms, hands and feet especially), there's a quick and easy way to get rid of that and it feels awesome.

Stouffers

Banned
I have hyperhidrosis
mYnslV9.gif

MaestroMike

Gold Member
giphy+%281%29.gif

whenever I worked with some obese brethen at my old job they fukking blasted the air conditioner I was freezing

Wvrs

Constantly, these days. I moved to Korea. People here have some gene that means their sweat doesn't smell. The humidity and heat kills me and where Koreans don't even use deodorant most of the time, I'm here with anto-perspirant, body-spray and EDT as well as two daily showers just trying to make it.

Top Bottom