• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Becomes the First Company to Worth $3 Trillion

TonyK

Since 20 years ago I tried the iMac of a friend and discovered that their mouses have only one button, and my friend tried to evangelize me about how better is to combine keyboard with mouse to do what a regular cheap fucking mouse does with only a button press, I never in my life wanted to try any Apple product.

tommib

Since 20 years ago I tried the iMac of a friend and discovered that their mouses have only one button, and my friend tried to evangelize me about how better is to combine keyboard with mouse to do what a regular cheap fucking mouse does with only a button press, I never in my life wanted to try any Apple product.

mouse.jpg

David B

An Idiot
Along with Apple and all of there great products over the years I hope you will watch my live stream coming soon!

David B

An Idiot
Apple the first ever company in the world to be at $3 trillion dollars. That's just a big giangantic wow factor there. So microsoft helped apple come back after an almost bankruptcy and than 25 years later Apple whoops microsoft asss with more money profit. How does it feel microsoft? Feel like shit yet?

Wildebeest

Apple the first ever company in the world to be at $3 trillion dollars. That's just a big giangantic wow factor there. So microsoft helped apple come back after an almost bankruptcy and than 25 years later Apple whoops microsoft asss with more money profit. How does it feel microsoft? Feel like shit yet?
They would have been broken up in that antitrust case if they didn't play it carefully. I guess back then in the nineties, the US government seemed to care more about appearing to not just be in the back pocket of corporations.

Trogdor1123

Absolutely not. There never should be any enforcement by any government in the world to split up a company. That's absolutely preposterous.
Yeah, monopolies for everyone!

(Not saying apple is a monopoly, just pointing out this is a silly comment)

David B

An Idiot
Yeah, monopolies for everyone!

(Not saying apple is a monopoly, just pointing out this is a silly comment)
No company should be enforced to comply to a split of the company at all. It's called true freedom. I'd say more but we are not allowed to bring in political talk into the forums at neogaf.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Could it keep going up dramatically? Yes. Do I wanna buy it now? Absolutely not..

Trogdor1123

No company should be enforced to comply to a split of the company at all. It's called true freedom. I'd say more but we are not allowed to bring in political talk into the forums at neogaf.
No it’s not. monoplies work against freedoms and solid economics. It’s not hard to understand

Apple isn’t a monopoly though.

Doesn't Google pay Apple enormous sums of money every year to stay the default search engine on iPhone, iPad, and Mac?

$3 billion a year.

Last edited:
I wonder how much it would grow if they opened MacOS to be installed on high end PCs instead of windows 11.

Last edited:

David B

An Idiot
So why the discussion on split up? Facebook has come up as a question in question serveys for should they be split up multiple times in quentionares. Yet they still haven't and I've run into the same question probably over 500 times now. Apple is not a monopoly even though they have more money than microsoft right now. There's still Microsoft and Apple.

marcusessmith84

Neo Member
It's really cool. I'm not a big fan of Apple technology, but I'm really happy for them. Also happy for myself because I bought shares in this company even earlier.

Sony

Nintendo
Apple sheep literally saved this company. For a long time their iPhones were objectively inferior to the compatition, but kept selling and selling.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Never owned and never will anything from the rotten apple
So which brand do you support? Disgusting Microsoft? Fucking Google? Neglectful Samsung?

I mean of phone and computer makers... everyone kinda is evil pieces of shit. Just curious which one you think smells the best.

Zeroing

Banned
They could use that money to save the planet instead of using it for PR brainwash …
So which brand do you support? Disgusting Microsoft? Fucking Google? Neglectful Samsung?
I agree all of them sucks! The lesson here is, they didn’t become a big tech corporation by thinking what’s best for the users… it’s sad when we have to carefully choose the less worse one from all of them!

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
save the planet from what exactly?
I am talking about the global waste of tech/garbage.
From a company who doest want to include cables because "it causes waste", to cutting down a forest to put solar panels...it all sounds a bit hypocritical

Apple is gonna buy a major studio soon, right? Sony seems appropriate.

That is just a CRAZY amount of money for one company to control, even if it isn't all in cash. Seems odd to me that there are not constant discussions to break up these monstrous tech companies since they are CLEARLY leveraging value in one area into value in the others.

Unless I'm very much misunderstanding, that is not the amount of money that Apple control.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Apple sheep literally saved this company. For a long time their iPhones were objectively inferior to the compatition, but kept selling and selling.
It’s funny that android fanboys are always talking about apple users…. Always…
while apple users are only talking about apple products.

Last edited:
Top Bottom