• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

|OT| Apex Legends // 'You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.'

KrakenIPA

Dec 19, 2020
Got a dub with caustic, had a strange lag at the end (strange because I usually get that at the beginning of the game, SCiEnCe.) some legends still know that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell... I was rocking the Mozam and the 301 the whole time, I need 4 more kills for my Caustic weekly. I must get to the lab with these new samples.

Reactions: Ozzy Onya A2Z

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
So I guess the new mode will be some kind of deathmatch ? Could be a good change of pace and a way to filter all the blood-thirsty players out of the BR mode.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Hopefully the Arenas thing won't take over the game and BR will still be the main focus. Weird that they ditched numbering the seasons.

KrakenIPA

Dec 19, 2020
Why do my teammates keep pinging the random yellow sprays! I know what it is! Sorry, I'm just 1 win of 16 games over here.

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
Well it took me some time to realize what I was supposed to do with them, and right now I wouldn't mind having more teammates pointing at them since I still need 3 scans.
What are the "CP" stars you unlock with them btw ?

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
So Arena is 3 Vs 3... we'll see how it goes. I wasn't convinced by the comparison to "dropping hot" (which I dislike in the regular game), but I'm ok for trying a mode more focused on action.

Ozzy Onya A2Z

Apr 16, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Our gardens stealth assault uphill without circle position in the final two squads while our Kraber wielding player kept them distracted worked out perfectly. SoGood.gif.

Really looking forward to 3v3 arena in Apex, it will be interesting to not really loot or get third partied. If it's not too sweaty it might just be the brilliant core of Apex with the volume turned to 11. Judgement awaits.

Last edited:

Balboa

Dec 29, 2008
Pubs are pure trash right now i either don't get a full team for at least 1/3 games or I actually do and one goes down and quits whilst we're fighting to get their banner every.damn.time, just an embarrassing experience all round!

Ozzy Onya A2Z

Apr 16, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Pubs are pure trash right now i either don't get a full team for at least 1/3 games or I actually do and one goes down and quits whilst we're fighting to get their banner every.damn.time, just an embarrassing experience all round!

Something has broken with the matchmaking system since they introduced fill/no fill teammates. 3 games in a row last night we didn't get a 3rd squad member filled.

Then again who needs player 3 when you get this end game going (clip is a little slow to begin with but this was so fun with my mate, steady and slow for end game run then tag teaming that last full squad FTW) -

• Strength
Reactions: Balboa

RPS37

Nov 16, 2006
It saddens me that this thread wasn’t on the first page when I went to look for it.
T minus 8 hours.

eastcoastkody

Nov 5, 2016
Valkyries so OP lol. I can just fly out any situation. I can unleash a barrage of rockets that will obliterate from up close every like 20 seconds or something. I luv it.

Apex is one of my fave games, for sure. But their battle passes really suck. The only good thing i ever get in these things is the 3 gun skins at the end of that pass.

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
She feels unbalanced on paper, we'll see how it turns out in the end. I played her a couple of times and didn't feel I had a major advantage on other players, even if her mobility is very convenient. On the other hand I had the opportunity to ambush a Valk as a Rampart, waiting for her to get into take-off position before murdering her with Sheila. Was funny to watch her crawl back into the building. :D
I played a round or two of Arena, not feeling it at the moment (but then I usually dislike round-based games, with micro-management in-between...). I guess it's great for people who want their quick rush to action, but for me it's either the "die-respawn-kill" cycle of Deathmatch/Attrition, or the "gear up/take position/load abilities" of BR. Most other modes don't do it for me.
The bow is cool in itself, I guess it's best as a stealth weapon even if stealth situations are rare in the game. I'd rather rely on a sniping rifle for surprise attacks, or regular machine guns for combat.

Reactions: PSYGN

Ozzy Onya A2Z

Apr 16, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
There are some beast plays with the bow already, that tempo hop up for hitting crits and getting rapid fire is no joke. I/squad mates are really enjoying Valk and arena, great additions. Having World's Edge back is brilliant too, prefer that map over Olympus TBH. Also had a go at making a gif for a nice little stealth play in arena -

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
Is there a reason to play Arena without at least a Bloodhound or a Crypto in your team ? Highlighting the opponents in such small areas seems like a major advantage.
Crypto actually feels like cheating (hence why I mostly play him :p ) since his drone can cover the whole map, and once the fight engages the opponents won't have time to shoot it down.

This season made me fall in love with the charge rifle, which I didn't like much before. I don't know if they tuned it or if players have slower mobility in general (what with using the bow or hovering slowly with Valkyrie), but it felt easier to deal massive damage with a long expositin to the beam. Especially with a middle-range scope.

Ozzy Onya A2Z

Apr 16, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Mirage gives some counter to those abilities. I find lifeline far more troublesome, shit really needs a cooldown after 1 or 2 revives. I've had games where the revs are like 4-6 times. Stupid and no other character gets to use their abilities with such impact and no cooldown. Charge rifle is a beast this season. Also the bow needs a nerf, it's too much as is now. Great weapon but it shouldn't stay how it is now.

Son asked me to play last night so we dived in and missed matching with a 3rd squad mate, we played as a two man hit and run team all nice and quiet like. We had to dodge one hell of a sweaty team chasing us near the end and then controlled the final circle for the win with a 2 v 1 showdown. My boy was pretty chuffed.

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
I just went through the patch notes, I hadn't even realized that they removed Lifeline's shield while healing. Now I feel bad for shouting at the teammates that wouldn't try and heal people in the middle of firefights (well they didn't hear me anyway since I play with mike off).
I did notice that Loba's ultimate took longer to charge, which is a good thing. I did enjoy the quick charge she had after her first buff, but again it felt like cheating, by the time you left the range of your previous marketplace you could summon a new one.
Surprised to see that Fuse had a low winning rate last season, I thought he felt quite effective. I'm going for a 15+ victories per legend goal, and I had no trouble reaching that with him (still need one more win for Rampart and Revenant, and 10 for Valkyrie).

Reactions: Ozzy Onya A2Z

Ozzy Onya A2Z

Apr 16, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I feel like too many players don't play Fusey in an optimal strategy. One of my buddies usually takes him but I found him really solid loading up with grenades (two in a slot), long range equipped and trap with ultimate/cluster then rain down those nades and cover fire. Push as needed.