• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone check Advent Rising on PC?

Bought it at launch and gave my opinions about it in an older thread.

Basically what I had problems with were the crummy compressed videos and some crashing early on. I hear the game is much smoother than the Xbox version, though I wouldn't know for sure how much. The aiming is mouse aiming now, so the complaints I hear about flick targeting should be near nil unless you use a controller. It never slowed down for me, but I have a high end system. It should run pretty well on medium end systems, the graphics aren't dazzling in any way.

Fun game, I reccommend it; short and easy though. If you could be more specific, I could answer more questions.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's a lot better on the PC overall. Helds a solid 60 fps for me and throwing in some AA and AF really cleaned it up a lot. You can also configure a game pad with flick targeting if you wish to keep the original XBOX control scheme (which I did).

It's a shame they no longer load the game behind the videos. That made the experience feel seamless and complete as you really never saw a loading screen. Here, they bring up a loading screen after each video. It's short (like 4-5 seconds), but still a shame to see it there.

Top Bottom