• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another New Xbox Controller Leaks Ahead of Reveal - Velocity Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/xbox-controller-one-series-x-s-pc-leak/
Based on a new leak from an insider named billbil-kun, Microsoft is gearing up to release a new Xbox controller this coming week on February 28th. The controller itself is said to come in a "Velocity Green" color and should retail for $64.99. Currently, Microsoft itself hasn't confirmed that it's going to release this new controller yet, but the leak in question seems to be incredibly valid. As such, we'll likely hear more about this new Xbox model in an official capacity quite soon.

Although we can't get a full view of this new Xbox controller just yet, billbil-kun did happen to share a blurred image of what the accessory should look like. In short, the controller will prominently feature bright green as its primary color that will sit on the face and handles of the device. The rear side of the controller and its accompanying handle grips will then be white while the bumpers, triggers, and top lining will all be black. The D-pad and buttons of this new Xbox controller then look like they will also primarily be black colored. All in all, this looks like a pretty sleek new controller that matches Xbox's traditional color scheme quite well.

Incidentally, this would be the 3rd controller this month if it releases on the 28th which may be a record. Deep Pink, Stellar Shift, and now Velocity Green. 3 new controllers in one month.

Based on that image, the upcoming green controller is basically a green palette swap of the Deep Pink controller, as the promotional image leaked is nearly the same, including having the exact same gradient of grey in the background of the image,

Highlight-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Deep-Pink-3000x1682:VP4-1399x600

Fphu67iXsAMBM2H

I assume that Microsoft is trying to fill the gap with new content and gaming related announcements, in order to keep the excitement and momentum flowing until bigger games release, starting in march including Minecraft Legends among others. Which may explain the controller announcements/leaks as Feb has been a bit dry since the release of Hi-Fi Rush back in January.

I will say though they have given people a lot of choice for controllers. You can pretty much get or make whatever you want.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All green rats, it's your time to shine

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I don't like it. But it makes sense, considering the logo and all..

Warablo

Not sure if a standard color is worth a thread. Especially when you can design this controller very easily in Xbox Design Lab.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
True, but you can get pretty damn close. I did this quickly:

Screenshot-2023-02-22-at-1-09-42-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-22-at-1-10-02-PM.png
Not sure if a standard color is worth a thread. Especially when you can design this controller very easily in Xbox Design Lab.
Don't they have a store for every color combination already? What are the point of these?
Microsoft are making a killing on basically selling custom facebuttons.
Most of their latest designs are or were designlab features.
VKSHiQO.png

Last edited:
Xbox should have gone with a Yoshi green similar to PowerA's controller for the Nintendo announcement, same goes for Steam and nVidia etc.

PowerA-Wired-Controller-for-Nintendo-Switch-Yoshi-v5-1024x808.jpg

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Couldn't I have just made this controller myself using that controller customization service Xbox has?

Why even bother leaking something like this?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
couldn't you just make this controller with the design lab things anyway?
What MS is in effect selling you is custom facebuttons.

The rest of the controller we can pretty much make in DesignLab.
Depending on the season the exact color might not be available though.
Even the metal triggers kinda like on the Lunar White are in DesignLab this season.
Camo is currently in.
Last season we had the Shadows and Geometric shapes.

Now just waiting for the Phantoms to arrive in DesignLab
maxresdefault.jpg

Dutchy

Anyone else think controllers should come with paddle slots by default? I'm not sure if that's cost feasible. But I'm about to burn through my 3rd elite and I'm not looking forward to drop another 180 or whatever and I've become completely reliant on paddles.

Anyone else think controllers should come with paddle slots by default? I'm not sure if that's cost feasible. But I'm about to burn through my 3rd elite and I'm not looking forward to drop another 180 or whatever and I've become completely reliant on paddles.

Try Power A Fusion Pro 2 or some other 3rd party ones?

Am using one and it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom