• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Announcing the PlayStation Bug Bounty Program (Critical vulnerabilities for PS4 have bounties starting at $50,000)

Bullet Club

Announcing the PlayStation Bug Bounty Program

In collaboration with security platform HackerOne.

At PlayStation, we are committed to providing gamers all over the world with great experiences. I’m happy to announce today that we have started a public PlayStation Bug Bounty program because the security of our products is a fundamental part of creating amazing experiences for our community.

We believe that through working with the security research community we can deliver a safer place to play. We have partnered with HackerOne to help run this program, and we are inviting the security research community, gamers, and anyone else to test the security of PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Network. Our bug bounty program has rewards for various issues, including critical issues on PS4. Critical vulnerabilities for PS4 have bounties starting at $50,000.

To date, we have been running our bug bounty program privately with some researchers. We recognize the valuable role that the research community plays in enhancing security, so we’re excited to announce our program for the broader community.

We have carefully considered what issues will be in scope at this time. You can find more information about the exact details of the program at our HackerOne page.

Source: Playstation Blog

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
WBp3mMk.jpg

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
This is brilliant, opening it up to the public, Hackerone is a great site and some people (smarter than me) make a full time living off big bounties and you can make some serious cash if you’re good enough.

JLB

Banned
This is brilliant, opening it up to the public, Hackerone is a great site and some people (smarter than me) make a full time living off big bounties and you can make some serious cash if you’re good enough.

To tamper expectations of people, you should be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good at this to get a big bount.

Grinchy

Banned
That's interesting. So instead of someone just releasing hacks for things like running pirated software for nothing but internet fame, theoretically they would be smarter to just take the $50,000 and Sony gets to plug a hole?

GHG

That's interesting. So instead of someone just releasing hacks for things like running pirated software for nothing but internet fame, theoretically they would be smarter to just take the $50,000 and Sony gets to plug a hole?

Yeh it's been going on for almost a decade now:

Lots of money to be made if you're good. I know a few guys who got into cybersec just because of seeing the bounties available on hackerone.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
To tamper expectations of people, you should be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good at this to get a big bount.

of course. I wasn’t suggesting anyone can just hop in and just start making some cash by doing a few Ion Cannons at PSN’s IP’s and then putting their hands out to Sony.

I work in a blue team for a large telecoms provider, and dabble in red team as well. Looking to make the move fully on to red team within the next year, but there is a lot to learn. I’ve been in IT for about 10 years, mostly in network security so it’s hard to then begin getting deeper in to web applications and the coding behind it all. I am slowly getting there Just takes a lot of self studying, but I also love playing games.......

Reactions: JLB

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Tschumi

I don't mean to give anyone any good ideas but what if hackerone conspire to keep one vulnerability hidden ... Daaaahrk thoughts

Top Bottom