• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

O-N-E

Some say love knows no boundaries. I say it's safer to say love is full of boundaries.

As far as I'm aware, they don't accept pedophilia as a society (at least by law), which is why it's so fucking strange that they hint at it if not outright display it in such a popular medium.

Although I thought incest would've been illegal in Japan as well, but apparently not. They allow adult relatives to marry etc.

-_-

And now I find out this disturbing piece of info

5obO2JM.png

-Minsc-

As far as I'm aware, they don't accept pedophilia as a society (at least by law), which is why it's so fucking strange that they hint at it if not outright display it in such a popular medium.
We could try to expose the mayonnaise squid pizza gate. On second thought, no, lets not. All I can say is it's reasonable to say the people making the big decisions are into it.
Add into it the authors who get their start in the erotic doujin-shi.

Guilty_AI

I think of the Usagi Drop manga ending (haven't looked at it but am aware of it). From my understanding there's nothing explicit and both parties plan to wait until the younger is older. Still though, the high schooler and the adoptive father shacking up...
Usagi Drop, Kodomo no Jikan, Koi Kaze, Bitter virgin...

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Mine was at least a more realistic pick.
I mean, he's had feelings for best girl before meeting autism flatty or awkward boobs. But he never manned up since he is a fish faced moron. Tbf even the trap is better than Yuckyno. Fuck Oregairu.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Her awkwardness is cute and feels realistic. And a reserved dude like Hachiman could use some genki energy to warm his heart.
Awkward boobs is fine. She feels human, is far more understanding and has no weird mommy baggage. But that might just be flat's tism. Yui is a happy pink haired boobs type character that was going to turn into this.
ciSyX5n.jpg

So yeah way better than flat.

I dropped the anime already since I've seen/read enough romcoms to see where things are going. I can just picture the next eps being about prom or how they get together while awkward boobs and the others cry in the background before they are like "WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOOOUUUUU!". Bleh.

Thank god for Monster Girls airing this season.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Doesn't it end on an open note though? I mean, i dont really know its just the impression i got from what i remember.

Also, throw in Oreimo to that list
By Index I meant the nun not the series. It has three seasons and after that the New Testament and now Genesis Testament series. There are also other spin-offs like Railgun.

Guilty_AI

By Index I meant the nun not the series. It has three seasons and after that the New Testament and now Genesis Testament series. There are also other spin-offs like Railgun.
I knew about new testament and railgun, but theres even a genesis testament now? I only ever watched/read the original series and railgun, never finished either because railgun had too slow releases and Touma's character really annoyed me. Do you think its worth it going back into it?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I knew about new testament and railgun, but theres even a genesis testament now? I only ever watched/read the original series and railgun, never finished either because railgun had too slow releases and Touma's character really annoyed me. Do you think its worth it going back into it?
Worth it for everything since the last arc of Season II, sadly the Season III anime butchered many stuffs.

Guilty_AI

Worth it for everything since the last arc of Season II, sadly the Season III anime butchered many stuffs.

Its fine considering i was mainly on the LN anyway. I'm not completely sure but i believe i stopped at some sort of battle royale arc or something with accelerator and other characters in the spotlight instead of Touma. What i really want to know is if Touma's character gets some proper development and challenges in the new testament series. I really dislike how he just arrives and saves everything while spewing idealistic stuff.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Tried to read Jujutsu Kaisen. Even after 40 chapters I don't get it. Seems like a generic shonen battle manga with nothing really all that interesting about it to keep me engaged. Haven't gone back to it since.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Cringe.

Anyway

2011's version is kinda shit. The atmosphere is all fucked, animation is subpar and it being a 1:1 adaptation makes it look like a slideshow more than a anime. Like man, might as well read the Hiatus x Hiatus manga at this point.

Today I will remind them

Fbh

People keep hyping this up.

It's a generic shonen battle manga.
It's pretty fun though if you are into the genre. And at least the cast isn't nearly as annoying as everyone in Black Clover.

Talking about generic shonen manga. Monster #8 has been pretty fun so far, fast paced and at least the main character isn't a freaking highschooler.

Last edited:

Fbh

raquel_2173.jpg

That's almost every shonen manga ever though.

I mean sure, but you have stuff like Full Metal Alchemist, Hunter X Hunter, One Piece or Chainsawman which at least offer some more unique concepts, structure and original ideas.

And then you have the "Teen with a special unique superpower has adventures in what is essentially a highschool with some fantasy twist" type of generic shonen.

Jujutsu is of the second type.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I mean sure, but you have stuff like Full Metal Alchemist, Hunter X Hunter, One Piece or Chainsawman which at least offer some more unique concepts, structure and original ideas.

And then you have the "Teen with a special unique superpower has adventures in what is essentially a highschool with some fantasy twist" type of generic shonen.

Jujutsu is of the second type.
screen-shot-2014-04-25-at-11-45-53-am.png

I want to be "x" is just as generic to me. Specially when it is just a lazy excuse to kung fu fight. Or better yet actions to follow "x" rather than idk survival itself.

Ed wants to fix his brother, Gon is psychopath, Luffy is asexual robin hood, denji has autism. (tbf everyone in that manga does) Out of all of these guys only Ed has a non selfish (?) reason for his journey which is odd in SHONEN titles. So to me they are still just typical shonen characters themselves.

stay hydrated

brap

Banned
screen-shot-2014-04-25-at-11-45-53-am.png

I want to be "x" is just as generic to me. Specially when it is just a lazy excuse to kung fu fight. Or better yet actions to follow "x" rather than idk survival itself.

Ed wants to fix his brother, Gon is psychopath, Luffy is asexual robin hood, denji has autism. (tbf everyone in that manga does) Out of all of these guys only Ed has a non selfish (?) reason for his journey which is odd in SHONEN titles. So to me they are still just typical shonen characters themselves.

stay hydrated

tl;dr shows with plots are shit and shows where little girls sit around and eat cupcakes is better and totally not all the same

O-N-E

tl;dr shows with plots are shit and shows where little girls sit around and eat cupcakes is better and totally not all the same

lol.

Though it's true that Ed is the only one that has an unselfish and important goal (give his brother his body back). Though there's also a deeper layer of selfishness in that he needs to redeem himself since Al was just following his lead.

Demon Slayer is similar in that Tanjirou is the eldest brother of the family with a lot riding on him and he was gone while his family was massacred. The only redemption is that one sister survived as a demon and he needs to turn her back.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
tl;dr shows with plots are shit
That depends on the plot itself, something I never mentioned unlike a characters motive which seem to be mostly selfish in nature in the SHONEN world. Are you saying they aren't just a lazy way to bridge conflict er...into kung fu fights like battle shonens usually do? Cause that's what we're talking about when you guys called OTHER thing generic.

If I want to call something shit I'll do just that btw no idea why you keep bringing up kyon as some cope mechanism when THING I LIKE gets called generic as well. It feels like I'm repeating myself here but there is nothing wrong with generic things just don't get mad when THING I LIKE gets called generic as well. (in this case generic refers to how all of these battle shonen have a similar trait but then again you'd have to be an autist to not understand why they are called battle shonen's in the first place.

xhmFF2z.gif

Top Bottom