• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
A big key to progress is bringing local wildlife to Nook. DIY recipes practically spill out of him, and it brings something to the island. I'm really feeling like things are in motion now.

These words have never been typed more often throughout history, but I don't know what IGN was on about. I'm unlocking tool recipes and things left and right, and I started just last night.
Tbf you play these kinds of games they don't.

wait

StormCell

Tbf you play these kinds of games they don't.

wait

LOL BUT they're SUPPOSED to play these kinds of games.

What are these kinds of games, though? Animal Crossing is sort of one-of-a-kind.

Ugh... it's starting to frustrate me that everyone is getting to play....

It's my own fault though. I took yesterday off to go fishing instead of today to play video games.

Shockingly small amount of screenshot's in here.

tenor.gif

I wanna see more.

teezzy

Banned
I'm really fighting the urge to buy a Switch for this. I definitely dont need it, but damn would this hit the spot.

Maybe I'll start a new file in Harvest Moon: Back to Nature instead.

StormCell

I'm really fighting the urge to buy a Switch for this. I definitely dont need it, but damn would this hit the spot.

Maybe I'll start a new file in Harvest Moon: Back to Nature instead.

There are so many exclusives for Switch -- surely if you bought one it wouldn't just be for Animal Crossing, right?

Might as well go buy a Switch...

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
LOL BUT they're SUPPOSED to play these kinds of games.

What are these kinds of games, though? Animal Crossing is sort of one-of-a-kind.

Ugh... it's starting to frustrate me that everyone is getting to play....

It's my own fault though. I took yesterday off to go fishing instead of today to play video games.
I meant IGN doesn't play videogames.

Shantae

Banned
Can you move your home later on if you want? I think that was something mentioned in the videos, but can't remember. I've already paid off my moving fee, but have been afraid to start a home contract because I don't want to stay in that spot.

njean777

Got to the point where I have to wait for my home and Blathers tent to be built. Don't really know what I am suppose to do now, other than wait... not a huge issue just seeing if there is more stuff I can do or do I just need to wait until tomorrow?

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
There are so many exclusives for Switch -- surely if you bought one it wouldn't just be for Animal Crossing, right?

Might as well go buy a Switch...

No, you're right, Fire Emblem looks dope too.

I have an extensive backlog so I'll get one eventually but not now.

Mista

Banned
Got to the point where I have to wait for my home and Blathers tent to be built. Don't really know what I am suppose to do now, other than wait... not a huge issue just seeing if there is more stuff I can do or do I just need to wait until tomorrow?
I am at this point too. Now I am just fishing, capturing bugs and giving them to Nook

I have lots of fruit so shall I keep them on the tree or carry them with me? I already ate 10

-Arcadia-

Banned
Maaaan I got stung by bees. Wheres my medicine :(

I never usually shake the trees. A tiny bit of money, and some random furniture aren't worth the risk.

But, this time, I ran out of twigs for crafting materials, went for it anyway, and within like three trees, plop. Ran for my life into the town hall with just a second to spare. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I was not so lucky with the tarantula. That thing is about as close as Animal Crossing gets to a boss battle.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Even if we do, would you even care? Entire reason you are asking this question because the game is not your cup of tea.....so real question is what’s point of post like this? What kind of answer are you expecting?
the point is to understand why people like it so maybe i can look into it
this is coming from a nintendo fanboy

Mista

Banned
the point is to understand why people like it so maybe i can look into it
this is coming from a nintendo fanboy
Have you ever played The Sims? And if you did, did you enjoy it? Animal Crossing is like being the king of your own world

You start as a peasant and slowly build your way up from tent to house, poor to rich (until Tom Nook shits on you) and you can design literally every single inch of the whole island to your liking

It works as the real life. So when the game tells you "check tomorrow" then you literally have to do that. Its a great game

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Have you ever played The Sims? And if you did, did you enjoy it? Animal Crossing is like being the king of your own world

You start as a peasant and slowly build your way up from tent to house, poor to rich (until Tom Nook shits on you) and you can design literally every single inch of the whole island to your liking

It works as the real life. So when the game tells you "check tomorrow" then you literally have to do that. Its a great game
thanks for the feedback .. Sims was enjoyable

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I should be getting this tonight. Excited. Heard it’s a relatively slow start though, would you guys agree?

Shantae

Banned
I would share my friend code, but it always feels pointless on Switch :/ they really need some kind of system side messaging, because it's impossible to really coordinate with Switch friends unless you're talking to them outside of the Switch.

McCheese

I should be getting this tonight. Excited. Heard it’s a relatively slow start though, would you guys agree?

It doesn't throw a ton of stuff at you at once, but if you really spend time gathering up items and poking around the various menus and shops you can find a few hours worth of stuff to do on day one, and presuming you max out the possible objectives on day one, day two opens up some massive features. I can understand why they try to stagger it out for folks who are not familiar with the series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom