• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Direct Nov. 2, Miitopia featured in JP stream (no mobile/Switch)

We know it's a fantasy RPG with Miis and that's pretty much it.

There's some sort of demo-ish thing on the JP eShop--it's more of an in-game cinematic thing; you add your own Miis but you can't really do anything, just watch it play out and take screenshots.
Thanks! To my Japanese N3DS I go!

So I said it earlier so I'll say it again. I checked the direct again and the official amiibo webpage. The following Zelda figures work:
Wolf Link, Sheik, Toon Link, Zelda, Link, 8-bit Link, Wind Waker Link, Wind Waker Zelda, OOT Link.
Is it me or is there a Zelda character missing? I guess I'll have to wait for the F-Zero content for Ganondorf to be compatible. The fact you can meet a Ganon character makes it all the more absurd he is incompatible but speaking of absurd...

Villager is also incompatible. I suppose he's not an animal crossing character; a but a super smash bros one so it's okay.

PANEL DE PON IS BACK???
It reminds of how the first Western release of Puyo Puyo in a decade* was a mini-game within a Hatsume Miku game. Feels like this is the future of puzzle games once big enough to stand alone.

*-Yeah I know that is slightly twisting facts as it ignores Virtual Console releases.

Layell

Time to get Panel de Pon, never going to get a single amiibo, but this is really cool that an update came that is so big for a game like this.

Chaos17

I can't get this working : "4: Give your home a new look"

Organising your furniture and accessories is now way easier thanks to the Touch Screen on your Nintendo 3DS family system. Drag, drop and rotate furniture in a flash to arrange everything just the way you want it.

I didn't expanded my house because I liked it iny is it maybe why ? Can anybody else confirm they can to do it ?

Glix

Animal Crossing Puzzle League?? Oh shit!

EDIT - YES! I have my 3DS and some Amiibos on my desk at work. I will be checking this out. Oh man, my villagers are gonna give me so much shit its been forever.

Is buying AC Amiibo Party just for the two amiibos a good idea now?

Its about 15€ almost everywhere and could be nice to use the figures with this update.

Should I?

Got stuck on the bottom of the last page so I'll repost my question here. Thanks in advance for any insight...

Oh man, update looks excellent.

Question: since you can scan Amiibos to have certain villagers move in to your town, can anyone confirm whether the same or a different instance of a villager you previously had would be the one moving in?

For example, I'd like to get Rory back as he was my boy and left unexpectedly. If I have his Amiibo card, would it be the same Rory moving back or a different one? Would he remember me?

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
By the way guys, that was the Animal Crossing staff wearing costumes in the trailer. You have Hisashi Nogami (producer / team manager) and Kazumi Totaka (composer).

Question for those restarting their towns: Does EVERYTHING get wiped, or do you get to keep things like your house and inventory?

I lost my save file two years ago and I started a new town without any motivation to even pay of my first house. This update is really bringing me back.

If anybody wants to bring me some fruit that would be great. I'm really getting back into it!

suikodan

I'm in just for Panel de Pon. I guess I update, scan some Amiibos and receive a daily item that hopefully be the game?

Robin64

Is it me or is there a Zelda character missing? I guess I'll have to wait for the F-Zero content for Ganondorf to be compatible. The fact you can meet a Ganon character makes it all the more absurd he is incompatible but speaking of absurd...

They fixed it, Ganondorf is on there now.

Chaos17

Ok, my friend tried too in his game and he can't re-arrange his big house with the touchscreen like in the video so I guess it's a feature tied to Home Designer ?

Chaos17

I can't access the storeromm neither, am I missing something ? :(

What Do you Do With a New Storeroom?: Store things, of course! With the Animal Crossing: New Leaf update, you can use your Bells to obtain a new storeroom for your house at Nook’s Homes. You can access this storeroom from anywhere in your house and it stores tons of collectibles. Maybe you can even hide a dusty old umbrella in there. Isn’t that where all dusty old umbrellas are stored?
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/11/animal-c...iibo-update-now-available#HumhwrPUVXzIosdz.99

As someone who lost their Animal Crossing cart :( this update seems enough to make me come back to this game. Especially since it seems I can try and get cards for the villagers I really want back.

NateDog

Hmm, so the Wi-Fi connection's not working at the campground. Anyone else struggling with that?

Also, how do you get Wisp to appear?
My girlfriend is having the same exact issues / has the exact questions. I can't tell if we're being stupid about Wisp, do you just have to wait for him to appear or something?

Rodin

Oh my god, they pulled me back in. This update is incredible. Kudos for the presentation too lmao

Also, this will skyrocket sales for the AC amiibo line and push back up sales of the cards, right? I think i'm gonna collect all of them lol

Hmm, so the Wi-Fi connection's not working at the campground. Anyone else struggling with that?

Also, how do you get Wisp to appear?

My girlfriend is having the same exact issues / has the exact questions. I can't tell if we're being stupid about Wisp, do you just have to wait for him to appear or something?

My fiancé is having the same issue, we thought it might be her 3DS at first (it's a little beat-up), glad to hear it sounds like a server issue.

khaaan

I can't get the amiibo page to load. Is There a text list available

• Animal Crossing New Leaf Amiibo Cards
  • Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards Series 1-4
  • Animal Crossing New Leaf - Sanrio Collaboration Pack
  • Isabelle (Summer/Winter)
  • Rover
  • Timmy & Tommy
  • Kapp'n
  • Blathers
  • Celeste
  • Resetti
  • Kicks
  • K.K
  • Mabel
  • Tom Nook
  • Digby
  • Lottie
  • Reese
  • Cyrus
  • Callie
  • Marie
  • Inkling Girl +Green
  • Inkling Boy +Purple
  • Inkling Squid +Orange
  • Link +Ocarina of Time, +8bit, +Toon Link, +Wind Waker
  • Zelda +Wind Waker
  • Wolf Link
  • Ganondorf
  • Sheikh

EDIT: Oh wait, there's more. One second.

NateDog

My fiancé is having the same issue, we thought it might be her 3DS at first (it's a little beat-up), glad to hear it sounds like a server issue.
Glad it's not just us too! She just found Wisp too, he called out earlier but disappeared. Can you only invite new characters though? She tried Resetti with the amiibo card but he just gave her a present.

GaussTek

So, I have a question, are you able to play the mini games like Puzzle League without using any of the NFC functionality?

scamander

Banned
Question for those restarting their towns: Does EVERYTHING get wiped, or do you get to keep things like your house and inventory?

Tom Nook is asking, if you want to keep your store catalogue or if you want to sell it as well. So I guess you can at least order all the items you've owned in your old town from day one, if you choose to keep the catalogue.

You can even choose, btw, if you want to get all the money immediately or in 100 daily rates plus 10% interest.

Awesome. I loved everything about that silly direct, especially the closing campfire song. My fiancee and I put a lot of time into this game, but it's been awhile since we played it. Her Animal Crossing XL screen is shattered, so I guess it's time to get her a New 3DS XL. And I think it's time for me to jump back in as well. Looking forward to visiting Link's RV. :)

MicH

Just checked the manual and it states you'll get the magic lamp (Wisp) after you've made some progression in the game. That's all it says so it'll probably happen in a few days

Top Bottom