• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analogue consoles are a thing of beauty!!!

OverHeat

« generous god »
HftuX24.jpg
Ee7idV3.jpg
xnEQKcf.jpg

Emulators are free tho
yeah but there's something special about owning a piece of hardware.

i have a PS2 Slim and ripped all my games to PC where i have PCSX2 emulator. i could play on that with much higher resolution/fps but i still play on my PS2, with a wired dualshock 2 + 8mb memory card, connected to my TV through component/scart, at a shitty low resolution and i love it. if my PS2 ever dies i'll do my best to replace it but if i can't then i'll use an emulator.

Last edited:

Rat Rage

At one point I tried to buy one, but their business strategy seems to be to create manufactured scarcity.
At that point I decided, fuck that and fuck them!
I'm not gonna purchase anything from them, ever. They could bring out a Dreamcast 2, and I still wouldn't give them any money.

Jeeves

There really is something special about a machine built only for playing games and not being bogged down by any added features. Insert cartridge, power on and you're already playing. And even though those cartridge don't hold much data by today's standards, they feel substantial in your hand. You're holding a whole-ass game in your hand, ready to go as-is.

There's a certain charm there that's been forgotten by those who have "moved on", and to many more it will never be known at all.

evanft

I'm still trying to understand the use case here for these things. Don't get me wrong, they're very impressive from a technical perspective, but if you want to play old games on your newer displays, couldn't you just run them under emulation on a PC? Or if you want to play original carts, aren't there ways to get a good video output from pretty much any console?

I might be stupid, though, so idk.

Top Bottom