• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: Coven |OT| When witches don't fight, we burn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

So he's saying that he wants to make a spin off of Coven? What? That would mean that season 4 would have to have an entirely new cast, unless he's planning on having everyone pull double duty on two series at once. Also, doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of making the show an anthology in the first place?

Honestly, I don't understand what they mean. Many comparisons were made to Talking Bad and The Talking Dead - but these seemed to be more behind the scenes stuff than anything else.

I suppose the mythology of the world allows it to be expanded - minor characters introduced in Coven could be elaborated on later on (kind of like how ABC is doing the same thing with Once Upon A Time right now?).

But if it detracts from the overall quality of the show, I wouldn't be very favourable for it. The best thing about AHS is that it changes every year and seeing actors inhabit new and interesting roles. I think that's lost with a continuation.

Nemesis_

Is Dylan McDermot coming back as well?

Nothing has been confirmed as of yet. We always get a "second round" of casting news for recurring and guest roles sometime when the series goes on break, so maybe it will happen then. I would assume he might be busy at the moment though?

I know James Cromwell also wanted to come back, but since this season is very female focused they couldn't find a spot for him. I think given his Emmy win he'll probably be back for Season 4. The reason I brought this up is also because I wonder if they will be able to find a place for Dylan in the series.

I'm still banking on Connie Britton showing up at some point. :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hopefully Britton does a better job this time if she shows up. We know she could have done better on S1.

I really hope there's no Connie Briton. Dylan McDermott can come back if she jacks off in the shower again though. Can't wait for this slayage.

Nemesis_

Dylan McDermott can come back if she jacks off in the shower again though.

iXYLi2FpII3CG.gif

OT is perfect.

I am so stoked for this season.

The first seasons ending was awful, the second was pretty awesome.

I have somewhat high expectations for this especially since I absolutely adore the idea of this cast being witches ;v;

Replicant

YES! to Dylan McDaddy to show up and jack off on-screen again.
NO! to Connie BritMom to show up and pout on-screen again.

Nemesis_

Lord, some of those GIFs are so fast. I didn't know what I was doing then.

Needless to say the Coven ones will be proper speed. >_>

ib1CeNWZInnL13.gif

You definitely should, it doesn't do this show any favors.

done.

Guerilla

Season 2 was amazing. What really impressed me was the catharsis of the final episode. It was as if all the horror I've seen somehow washed away after I finished it and the journey wasn't as horrific as I thought at first.

Marathoning through American Horror Story can fuck you up though, never doing that again.

Season 2 was amazing. What really impressed me was the catharsis of the final episode. It was as if all the horror I've seen somehow washed away after I finished it and the journey wasn't as horrific as I thought at first.

Marathoning through American Horror Story can fuck you up though, never doing that again.

The Asylum finale was shockingly profound.

If the show would aim that high on a consistent basis, it could be legitimately great. But asking for consistency from Ryan Murphy is a fool's errand.

Nemesis_

Episode synopsis up

05.) Burn, Witch! Burn! November 6th, 2013
Besieged by Marie Laveau’s army, Zoe
unleashes a new power
. Fiona and Myrtle clash over control of the Coven. Madame LaLaurie is confronted by old ghosts.

botty

Banned
Rolling Stone have done a fantastic interview with Kathy Bates where she talks about how much she loved working on the show.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/kathy-bates-brings-hell-to-american-horror-story-20131008

Is she more innocent than most people think?
Well, she could have been, but the people there in New Orleans say LaLaurie was really, really horrible. I have a friend there who's a Deputy Sheriff of Jefferson Parish. He's been there for forty-five years, so he knows a lot of stuff. He said that he knows a guy that was involved in excavating some of that property, and they found sixty or seventy bodies there.

Yes, my queen ;_;

Nemesis_

Yeah Connie is awesome and a great actress but she really wasn't great in AHS.

She had her moments in AHS, I've never seen her anywhere else but I'm close to stanning just from AHS alone. She was kind of annoying though as a character. But still.

I don't know what I'm trying to say.

ibgrojvKmJnIuT.gif

Ekdrm2d1

Tonight!!

I got a lot of TV shows during the same time slot. Gotta DVR some and watch "Coven" live. I hope the introduction to the season is wild and crazy. Hopefully it leaves the viewers with saying "WTF?"

Can't wait for this season. Murder House was great, Asylum was even better, and Coven looks to be better again. God damn.

Swish OT btw.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hitfix - FX's 'American Horror Story: Coven' offers a familiar brew

American Horror Story is a glorious mess.

TV Guide - TOIL AND TROUBLE

Unfortunately, too much of the focus is on novice witch Zoe, played by Taissa Farmiga with the same one-note boringly sulky attitude she exhibited as the brat you couldn't wait to see die in the first season.

The Hollywood Reporter - American Horror Story: Coven: TV Review

Fish-eye lenses and rotating cameras don't feel at home here as in other installments, and things aren't creepy so much as grotesque. Still, there are a number of decent effects and a healthy dose of humor that keep things moving along in an entertaining way. Eventually, the many stories find their way together, which helps propel the premiere to its promising finish.

Slate - American Horror Story: Coven

In the context of other television, American Horror Story is perverse and refreshing, proof that a great show doesn’t have to be self-serious to be smart.

Drain You

Woke up Sunday morning and my cable box wasn't working very well ( as usual ). Fiddled with the power cable ( which usually fixes it ) no luck. End up getting angry and hitting my box. Come to find out everyone in the house was also having cable box problems. I reset the main box and then also everyone elses boxes. All of the then work perfectly, except mine...since I smashed the shit out of.

Long story short I can't watch AHS tonight and I am very sad. No one to blame by myself I guess.

Nemesis_

The comments about Taissa Farmigia kind of confirms what I feared, but there's so many characters I can't help but feel she won't be the focus for too long.

Replicant

Sounds about right. I wish Violet wasn't the lead character.

Same here. I didn't find her character/portrayal in S1 to be exciting to watch. If she's sulking again here as she was then, ugh.

We need more characters like Sister Mary Satan from S2.

royalan

I am showing support for my PopGAF sistren by tuning in this season.

iO2jm7WbWh226.gif

And, honestly, I really am interested in this season. The previews looked promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom