• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Fallout: First look revealed

Ozzie666

Please be better than Halo.

Apple TV should get some credit, they seem to be much better at develping shows like Foundation, Monarch, Silo, Shrink and Invasion (maybe). Amazon seems to really struggle, Lord of the rings was far worse than Wheel of time, as a none book reader. I somewhat found Wheel of time acceptable, but I know it's offensive to most book readers. Fallout should allow them plenty of freedom, just get the world right and tell some great stories.

StereoVsn

Please be better than Halo.

Apple TV should get some credit, they seem to be much better at develping shows like Foundation, Monarch, Silo, Shrink and Invasion (maybe). Amazon seems to really struggle, Lord of the rings was far worse than Wheel of time, as a none book reader. I somewhat found Wheel of time acceptable, but I know it's offensive to most book readers. Fallout should allow them plenty of freedom, just get the world right and tell some great stories.
Apple has been hit and miss. Foundation basically crapped all over the books as well. Yes, it was better than Wheel of Time but that’s a low bar to clear.

That said, Ted Lasso (at least first couple seasons), For All Mankind (first two seasons) and some of the other shows like Mythic Quest were quite good.

Video Games Fallout GIF
the first video game based series i'm interested in watching. joy & nolan seem to genuinely 'get' what makes the fallout universe unique & fun...

Nonehxc

Wow had NO idea Jonathan Nolan and his wife were behind this. That actually gives me a smidgeon of ho-

He and Joy acquired the rights through their Kilter Films production company, then set about inventing new characters and trials and tribulations with executive producers and writers Geneva Robertson-Dworet (cowriter of 2019’s Captain Marvel) and Graham Wagner (a veteran of The Office, Portlandia, and Silicon Valley), who serve as Fallout’s showrunners.

Nevermind.
qkMlVS6.jpg

She can open my Vault anytime. ✍🏼 ☢️

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It cant be worse than Monster Hunter movie. To this day I still cant figure out why they decide to include modern military in there. They could have easily just made movie thats take place MH world and be about main character wanted be hunter and eventually teaming up with others Ocean 11 style to take down Elder Dragon and they even could have asked Capcom to design Flagship Monster specially for the Movie.

Last edited:

Geomancer86

Neo Member
Oh look, models in the vault. When will they fucking understand, that Fallout is an ugly world, full of ugly and/or ordinary people? Do not put these sculpted by plastic surgeon looking people in a fucking post apocaliptic series. And do not put that 300 dollar makeup on everyone...
Not each vault was created equally, each vault was an experiment, this one well could be one where they picked the majority of the inhabitants as people with high charisma/looks...

At least I'm hoping they didn't put all the woke people on this one...

I just saw some of the indie Fallout movies/series, starting with one recommended by Tim Cain in his yt channel, I think they can do a lot of great stuff with the source material, budget is actually secondary.

hlm666

Looks much better than I would have expected, gives me a little hope the warhammer 40k series might be serviceable.

Pejo

Best we could hope for is a "story of the week" type format where they just have the main character(s) drift around from vault to settlement to wasteland and have them get into weekly dynamic shenanigans, and solve the issues. Kind of like a Seasons 1-2 of the Walking Dead before the show devolved into "go to a place, fortify until it goes to shit, repeat". I hope the recurring cast of characters is very small and we see lots of new faces and stories each episode.

Wait, is this a tv show or a movie?

WitchHunter

Banned
Unfortunately, I'm too jaded at this point with any new shows or movies for even a smidgen of excitement. Everything is firmly in the "wait and see" category, no matter how promising production shots look.
Most of the Amazon shows are terrible either because casting is half assed, or the episodes are each 1 hour long without content, or just the basic premise/writing is subpar or because the characters do everyday life things that you are not interested in. There are 1-2 good episodes in each series, then it goes downhill, fast. I checked The Boys, wow, how cool, great, though the 1 hour long episodes were a true warning sign. And it just dies after the introduction. Too much time spent on everyone's issues. Oh look how important my character is, I talk 15 minutes about nothing, or someone with a filler role gets 5 minutes script time.

GymWolf

It cant be worse than Monster Hunter movie. To this day I still cant figure out why they decide to include modern military in there. They could have easily just made movie thats take place MH world and be about main character wanted be hunter and eventually teaming up with others Ocean 11 style to take down Elder Dragon and they even could have asked Capcom to design Flagship Monster specially for the Movie.
The scene with the monsters were good tho, diablos was as menacing as the videogame.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I can already tell by the screen caps, female strong and heroic, white man evil or ghoul. Fucking lmao. It's amazon and bethesda, if people expect this to be good they are stupid.

Stitch

Gold Member
That's not true. Invincible, The Boys, Jack Reacher, Good Omens, Jack Ryan, and Upload are all excellent Amazon exclusives. Many of those listed are adaptations too.
Most of them aren't pure Amazon productions. Like The Boys is basically a Sony show. Jack Ryan & Reacher are Paramount, Good Omens is BBC,... Rings of Power is what happens when Amazon is doing their own thing...

Gojiira

Just gonna say it, the Fallout 4 aesthetic is shite, its not Fallout ‘enough’.
That said it doesnt look bad as far as adaptations go, its going to come down to how well its written and whether it follows Bethesdas garbage tone or not.

Braag

I'll give it a chance. Walton Goggins is great and it's co-written by Jonathan Nolan who has done some good stuff.

Laptop1991

Just seen it, while it looks promising and Michael Emerson is great in everything i've seen him in, it does look a little bit clean and hollywood to me, whether that's a good thing or not, time will tell , but i am looking forward to watching it, and i also hope they explain where the NCR have gone lol.

Top Bottom