• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alone In the Dark gets a new video with almost 18 minutes of gameplay

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Season 1 Netflix GIF

Almost forgot this game

Jesb

How is this a ps5 game. There’s better looking PS4 games. Hate how every developer pretty much gets lazy with no animations of picking up new weapons. It would add so much to the immersion if weapons didn’t magically go to an item screen.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I get major Frogwares (or the like) vibes from this

Not to say its gonna be crappy or cheap or whatever, but yeah...

I mean there hasnt been a genuinely good AITD game since Part 2 in 1994

Also necessary Danjin44 Danjin44 quote needed for every thread about this game:

"Who the fuck wants to play as the fat cop from Stranger Things?" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

....Well EverydayBeast EverydayBeast sure does. It's his favorite actor of all time.

Last edited:
It looks mediocre-at-best on every level. This has 6/10 written all over it. I'm old and even for me the name Alone in the Dark only registers as "that game RE apparently ripped off".

Looks like that HP Lovecraft game but lamer. The Sinking City.

PS: That melee combat around 3 minutes is painful.

Also at 5:50, that sequence is so bad looking lol

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks decent, shame it got delayed from Jan. The new release window is much busier, not sure what they were thinking there.

Reactions: Isa

Kikorin

I like the atmosphere, gunplay looks terrible, but if there's focus on puzzles, exploration and story I think I could like it at cheap price.

Ywap

It might not be as Traced as Alan Wake 2 in it's Rays, but it could have more entertaining gameplay....

Will keep an eye on it 👍

Last edited:
  • LOL

kiphalfton

I get major Frogwares (or the like) vibes from this

Not to say its gonna be crappy or cheap or whatever, but yeah...

I mean there hasnt been a genuinely good AITD game since Part 2 in 1994

Also necessary Danjin44 Danjin44 quote needed for every thread about this game:

"Who the fuck wants to play as the fat cop from Stranger Things?" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

....Well EverydayBeast EverydayBeast sure does. It's his favorite actor of all time.

Also like Danjin44 Danjin44 says:

"who the fuck needs celeb face scans in games"

It looks mediocre-at-best on every level. This has 6/10 written all over it. I'm old and even for me the name Alone in the Dark only registers as "that game RE apparently ripped off".

Looks like that HP Lovecraft game but lamer. The Sinking City.

PS: That melee combat around 3 minutes is painful.

Also at 5:50, that sequence is so bad looking lol
nah. sinking city's a gem, tho having a twisted sense of humor is sorta required...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Thats why I think this whole project is fucking amateurish as hell. Any company that thinks that Hollywood actors sell their bad games, they're a bunch of idiots. This IP is fucking cursed to suck.
Especially the fact this is AA game, you would think they would try to put more thought on how they spend their limited resources but instead they unnecessarily spend it on putting celebrities face on the game.

xrnzaaas

Looks like a modern Resi game, but with half the budget. Maybe they shouldn't have spent so much money on having 2 popular Hollywood actors as leads.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
That looked great to me. Went from not being on my radar at all to a possible day one.

Especially the fact this is AA game, you would think they would try to put more thought on how they spend their limited resources but instead they unnecessarily spend it on putting celebrities face on the game.
I missed the humor of having celebrities and PS2 animations at the same time somehow. But yea, this is sad funny.

If it's 50 USD at release I may very well bite. If not, then maybe another day. Sadly, I may not remember.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
The last innovative horror game released was Siren Blood Curse.

That's 16 years ago.
There are teenagers that have never played a decent horror game in their lives.

Alan Wake

Pre-ordered the collector's edition and still I was a bit relieved when it was delayed. October was a bad month for this game. January would've been OK but for me March is better. Can't wait for this classic style horror game. Played the 2001 The New Nightmare on my Dreamcast last year, it's still pretty decent.

Killer8

They desperately need to release a new demo. The last one they put out was one of the biggest wastes of time in my gaming life.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Why should you pre-order the Deluxe Edition of Alone in the Dark? The nostalgic 1992 Costume Pack, authentic Vintage Horror Filters and Director's Commentary offering a glimpse behind the curtain are a special treat for connoisseurs of the horror genre. If you are still not sure, let us convince you in (almost) 60 seconds!

consoul

I'd really like to like this. Its just not looking very good. I could barely force myself through the prologue/demo. Even at a discounted price, I can't see this ever being worth the time to actually play it.

At this point, Alone in the Dark exists mainly to demonstrate how good Capcom are at nailing suspenseful exploration.

nah. sinking city's a gem, tho having a twisted sense of humor is sorta required...

It is janky, but there's a major update coming out for it in Feb. It's an awesome game. I love it. It's also the closest thing your going to get if your into old school SH atmosphere.
I just bought it. You guys talked me into it and it was $8 on sale.

I still cant find any concrete news on the update and if it's even on console. It came out on PC already apparently. Not sure if I should wait a bit to start playing now.

Top Bottom