• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

Wordstar

Neo Member
Dear Liabe Brave

please dont get caught up in this s... storm. We need your work to continue to have this thread. I need it for sure. No one can know if the allegations that were made are true and for this type of things there is a court.
We all need our gaming related forums regardless though. I would love for you to continue your work here.

Maybe we should create a new thread which will encorportae both PS4 Pro and XBOX One X Support? A thread wich lists resoltuions and so on of both New Konsole Games.

LastNac

Ok, we have to get back to things. You're hurting us more than you're hurting a site owner. Can anyone else volunteer to start a new PS4 Pro enhanced thread?

c0de

I've removed the lists for now. I'll update the thread once I've decided how to handle them going forward.

Well, it doesn't really work with discord, for sure.
If I was you who is putting so much effort into this, I would try to transfer it to a blog or something similar.

The information will not be gone forever (if it's even really gone now).

However, the urge to be precise that drove my work here also drives my other choices. The situation is ethically complex, and I'm still examining my reasoning about it. I humbly request that you please allow me a little time to work out my exact response.

The lists will be back soon. I'll let everyone know when they are.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Still though. You're hurting us, not him.

This.

Liabe Brave ... All of us greatly appreciate the work you have done and posting it all but shouldn't remove any of it because it only hurts those here who appreciate it and use the information for what games they may or may not buy.

Those of us who check in on your topic regularly want you to stay because this is an excellent informative topic regarding PS4 Pro and what's in every game and what games have been updated, especially now with X coming out in two weeks.

If you do decide to leave, you should leave all the original posts intact and see if someone who knows as much as you do can continue updating the topic. Those like me who are here simply to talk about video games shouldn't lose an excellent informative topic because it does help a lot of people. I bought a few games based on this topic due to HDR making my decision a yes.

Hoping the information and topic stays intact and truly hoping that you stay on NeoGAF regardless of whether or not you want to continue updating this thread. If not, thank you for all the time and hard work that you put into this topic as it's greatly appreciated. Take care.

On a related side note -

Assassin's Creed Origins will have a day one patch but it will be their second patch in early November (im guessing November 7th) that will include 4K/HDR/Atmos for Xbox One X and 4K/HDR for PlayStation 4 Pro.

joe_zazen

Still though. You're hurting us, not him.

Ffs, let the guy decide what he wants to do without the emotional blackmail. I’d throw it up on a blog or that other place if I were him. Asking for someone to labour for the site owner here for free because ‘Ma gamez’ is selfish AF.

AIaE8gI.png

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

LastNac

Ffs, let the guy decide what he wants to do without the emotional blackmail. I’d throw it up on a blog or that other place if I were him. Asking for someone to labour for the site owner here for free because ‘Ma gamez’ is selfish AF.

Any less selfish then his own actions though? What's to stop someone from compiling a list. It's a textbook definition of selfish.

Peterthumpa

However, the urge to be precise that drove my work here also drives my other choices. The situation is ethically complex, and I'm still examining my reasoning about it. I humbly request that you please allow me a little time to work out my exact response.

EDIT - fuck it. Do as you please mate, it's your work.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member

LastNac

If it matters that much to you, put in the work to make a new one. Don't demand someone to give you their work because you feel entitled

He put a lot of effort, care and time into the lists. if he decides he cant keep it here, owing to personal decisions, that is his entitlement as the content creator. we may not like it, but we have to respect it.

Fine, I'll put in the work, but can a mod then pin my post at the top?

LastNac

Not really, dude is entitled to the fruits of his labor. Meanwhile, you want everything for doing basically nothing.

No, I wanna take the job dude. If it really was for his "moral reasons" then he would have suicided his account and wiped it discreetly. To do it it the way he has seems like he is seeking attention more than anything.

black070

No, I wanna take the job dude. If it really was for his "moral reasons" then he would have suicided his account and wiped it discreetly. To do it it the way he has seems like he is seeking attention more than anything.

Lol, seeking attention for what purpose ? To get shit on by you ?

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member

LastNac

I think its unfair to say that. I think its a queation of ethics he is struggling with and its unfair to say that.

Remember, part of the reason GAF had such a good reputation was for the quality of threads like this. If the poster decides, in my biew wrongly, he cant continue here, then taking away the work is a political statement. And a warning to all of us what happens when you let bad stuff creep in. We all suffer.

We all are disadvantaged. I'm no apologist, nor am gonna tackle the issue.

But I feel to come in and do something, then announce your intention to reverse it, I feel is counter productive to the point you are trying to make. What bothers me about it the most is this sense of internet vigilantism, where Nickleback's "Hero" perfectly embodies the mental state here. I personally don't care for this faux activism, but that doesn't make me "Pro the opposite." If OP does plan on returning the data, what lesson is learned? And if he/she doesn't, what is learned there?

I ask because I have to make some financial decisions soonish and loved turning to this thread for consumer advice. I do think there is a time for this conversation, but I personally don't feel this is the place, despite the time.

jobrro

Really? Resolution update?

Woah. I am getting too old and sleepy for alk this.

IIRC it's 4K on the Pro, 2160p.

I hope Liabe finds a home for this information that he/she is comfortable with. It's a fantastic compilation of data and I hope it can be somewhere many can access.

I hope you realise that as soon as the list reappears, it's just going to get republished and taken care of by other people?

By taking it offline, you have already done yourself a major disservice and no one is going to put up with that shit anymore. You don't control anything, it's a dumb list.

Peterthumpa

I hope you realise that as soon as the list reappears, it's just going to get republished and taken care of by other people?

By taking it offline, you have already done yourself a major disservice and no one is going to put up with that shit anymore. You don't control anything, it's a dumb list.

whysoserious.gif
Dude, it's his topic - it was his initiative, he can do whatever he wants with it.

Anyway...
https://web.archive.org/web/20171022014000/http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324251

For those in need of a quick check. Cheers.

JP

It's been a wonderful thread but I have no issues at all with whatever Liabe Brave decides to do with this.

To be fair, I think "lets wait until we know more" is probably a stance that would benefit everybody on here right now.
The list is online on the archives it seems.

Get fucked with your list you cunt.
Come on, what are you hoping to gain from that attitude?

Felensis

Banned

Ok, take your time. Thanks for your efforts, great job dude. I really hope you will stay and bring the content back. It is pure greatness and very helpful. Don't let GAF die because of one single guy.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Sorry, but this is unacceptable. I get that people have their own views but this is punishing ALL people on this forum because of the view on ONE individual.

I'd ask you to reconsider. By all means make your point by leaving and not updating this thread anymore, but please think about all the people who loved this thread and thanked you for all your good work.

THEY supported you.

Carn82

would be sad to see the list dissapear here, but I can understand why. If I were you I would just get a blog or simple site going that covers this content :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I respect your decision to take off the content for now Liabe Brave and to let you know it's been a pleasure being an active poster in this thread in case the thread is going to be off'ed.

Alebelly

Sorry, but this is unacceptable. I get that people have their own views but this is punishing ALL people on this forum because of the view on ONE individual.

I'd ask you to reconsider. By all means make your point by leaving and not updating this thread anymore, but please think about all the people who loved this thread and thanked you for all your good work.

THEY supported you.

and isn't solely his work, it was made by community contribution

Top Bottom