• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

The story in Brotherhood is framed around some nebulous time after the boys are on the road, which takes place after Kingsglaive. The stories are told in flashback.

Ohhhhh you're referring specifically to the "current time" part. I was like "they're kids in brotherhood, how does that not come first?" Misunderstanding. Sorry!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope to plat World of Final Fantasy before diving into this game. 22 days to go for me!

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I hope to plat World of Final Fantasy before diving into this game. 22 days to go for me!

My big mission has been playing through Trails in the Sky. I've actually been having a blast with it and I'll be sad to finish SC. I've even been running a playthrough topic on another site. Really endearing duology, but... I'm timing it so that within a week of beating it FFXV is in my hands.

Time for the legend to continue.

Finished World of FInal Fantasy last night. Fantastic game.

I was surprised when I saw the credits and saw that Noctis' VA (Ray Chase) was the voice of Edgar from FFVI. He did an amazing job in the role and it has me extremely excited to hear his full performance in FFXV. He clearly has talent.

jb1234

My big mission has been playing through Trails in the Sky. I've actually been having a blast with it and I'll be sad to finish SC. I've even been running a playthrough topic on another site. Really endearing duology, but... I'm timing it so that within a week of beating it FFXV is in my hands.

Time for the legend to continue.

Speaking of, I JUST finished Trails in the Sky FC. Right now, I'm playing through a series of shorter games (Xanadu Next, Rise of the Tomb Raider) so I'm not overwhelmed by the time FFXV comes out. Otherwise, I would have continued on to SC. But it's probably a good thing to take a break from the game's very slow battle system.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Speaking of, I JUST finished Trails in the Sky FC. Right now, I'm playing through a series of shorter games (Xanadu Next, Rise of the Tomb Raider) so I'm not overwhelmed by the time FFXV comes out. Otherwise, I would have continued on to SC. But it's probably a good thing to take a break from the game's very slow battle system.

I was really impressed by FC, but SC is taking it all to the next level. You're in for a treat! How's Xanadu?

jb1234

I was really impressed by FC, but SC is taking it all to the next level. You're in for a treat! How's Xanadu?

I like it a lot, keeping in mind that I'm a major Falcom fanboy. ;) It's basically the game you'd get if you stuck Diablo, Ys and Vagrant Story into a blender.

(I mostly liked FC for its first twenty five hours but once the plot got moving, I found it very exciting and thankful that it took its sweet time setting everything up. I'm definitely looking forward to playing SC.)

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I like it a lot, keeping in mind that I'm a major Falcom fanboy. ;) It's basically the game you'd get if you stuck Diablo, Ys and Vagrant Story into a blender.

(I mostly liked FC for its first twenty five hours but once the plot got moving, I found it very exciting and thankful that it took its sweet time setting everything up. I'm definitely looking forward to playing SC.)

Ooh, neat. This is actually my first Falcom experience, so the Ys comparison goes over my head, but I do so adore Vagrant Story.

And yeah, I'll refrain from spoiling anything re: SC, but it is definitely satisfactory. (And sorry for the brief thread derail, everybody! jb and I go way-ish back.)

Aters

How does it resemble Vagrant Story? I played both and loved both but I fail to see the similarity.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Yup gladio screws it up and that's only because they're making him sound way too try hard to be tough.

I don't understand why if they wanted him to sound like that they didn't directly go for other VA that can decently go for that type of voice, see Liam O'Brien or many others. As is now the forced voice looks ridiculous more than cool.

jb1234

Ooh, neat. This is actually my first Falcom experience, so the Ys comparison goes over my head, but I do so adore Vagrant Story.

And yeah, I'll refrain from spoiling anything re: SC, but it is definitely satisfactory. (And sorry for the brief thread derail, everybody! jb and I go way-ish back.)

Aw, shit, dude. You need to play Ys. Oath in Felghana will rock your world.

How does it resemble Vagrant Story? I played both and loved both but I fail to see the similarity.

Mostly in its aesthetics, especially dungeon locations and music. I agree that in gameplay, the games are fairly different.

Renmyra

I don't understand why if they wanted him to sound like that they didn't directly go for other VA that can decently go for that type of voice, see Liam O'Brien or many others. As is now the forced voice looks ridiculous more than cool.

Liam O'Brien sounds like Illidan in every game, except when he does creepy anime voices. I'm not sure that's a better choice.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Liam O'Brien sounds like Illidan in every game, except when he does creepy anime voices. I'm not sure that's a better choice.

The point here is that he can make a deep voice by sounding natural. The current VA is forcing his voice and ends up akward and amateurish.

I bought an LG 49UH6100. It's apparently kinda shite, but I got a good deal on it.

After some calibration it's actually pretty good IMO, and lag is low.

HHmm, never heard of this TV - but I like the fact that it has low imput lag

I picked up the ks9500 65 inch. My body is ready, I'm waiting to pick the pro up and more excited to pick the game up.

you went all out man!

I'm rather stuck in trying to figure out if this TV will be big enough for our room SONYxbr-49x800d

Wish they had it available for 55"

Mailbox

Ps4 pro is out for delivery.
Not getting a 4k tv (out of my price range)
Phase 1 of 2 of this glorious event is almost done :3
Just 3 weeks left

Trying to sell my PS4 and TV to make room/budget for the Pro and a 4K TV is proving to be an absolute pain in the arse

PS4 controller has a peeling analog stick which apparently obliterates the value of the package, and I can't sell my TV in good faith since it doesn't want to connect to my internet for the Smart TV functions, and I can't presume that's an issue with my internet rather than the TV

Looks like I'll have to wait for Pro/4k

3 weeks to go though :D

Blitzball confirmed.

YTcbvX8.jpg

BTW this footage is from a leaked commercial? Oh you, Square.

Trying to sell my PS4 and TV to make room/budget for the Pro and a 4K TV is proving to be an absolute pain in the arse

PS4 controller has a peeling analog stick which apparently obliterates the value of the package, and I can't sell my TV in good faith since it doesn't want to connect to my internet for the Smart TV functions, and I can't presume that's an issue with my internet rather than the TV

Looks like I'll have to wait for Pro/4k

3 weeks to go though :D
I'm not getting a 4k TV for a bit, since my friends and I agreed to chip in for one in a few months if we were going 4k. Did fully pre-order the Pro yesterday, though.

Took a week and a half off from work starting on the 30th of the month, too, haha.

Top Bottom