• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alita: Battle Angel 2 is back on the menu bois!

Banned

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

SJRB

Gold Member
James Cameron, god bless you.

He made the studio such an unholy amount of money he's actually able to do a passion project like this even though the first one was an absolute bomb. Still loved it though, visually amazing and great action.

Power Pro

I love the first one, been singing it's praises ever since I saw it. I'll try not to get too excited, because Hollywood is very wishy washy, they can announce something, only for nothing to come of it.

Klosshufvud

Alita Open Matte is just :pie_starstruck:

So glad they're making sequels. Really good starting film. I hope they keep up the level of quality.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Pretty cool news, and the decision to CG over Rosa will pay off as they can keep her looking the same. Robert Rodriguez has not been doing really great work over at Lucasarts (IMHO) so if he is still on board with this I hope he gets some of his old mojo back.

I wanna see Alita SHRED a whole group of pastel vespa riding gangbangers, for example :p

Mistake

I thought the first was decent, but they pushed the love interest too fast and too hard. The manga had more balance. Nice to see they will continue it though

Thought the first movie was fantastic and I’m excited to see this one. But I hated how overpowered they made her which ruined the characterisation. The first fight she gets into involves her killing an experienced assasin and then kicking a heavily armoured brute and tearing his arm off. And to those fanboys who’ll state “she’s a super-powered special forces killing machine 9000” go eat a fat one. Build up the character, don’t place a complete one with some cosmetic damage and hope for the same effect.

0neAnd0nly

Between this and new TOHO Godzilla trailer I’m not sure the last 24 hours could be better.

Alita #1 was absolute 🔥 and I literally only went to see it on a whim because of GAF’s praises.

Totally worth it.

None of this post 2016 BS social crap infused, just an awesome film based on an Anime with some of the most stylistic combat scenes since the original Matrix.

For naysayers - give it a shot! One of the few movies I have watched repeatedly (6 times) in my life, always entertaining and very, very well done.

*responding to a comment above, the first was actually NOT a bomb. In fact it came in with low expectations for the box office and exceeded them. It did only “break even” roughly because of its massive budget, but no - the film wasn’t a bomb. It exceeded the calculations, which originally showed it being a dud.

Thank goodness it did. Excellent fun.

Mr Hyde

Best news I heard in 2023. Alita was amazing. Saw it in the theaters and loved it. Bought the blu-ray when it came out and loved the shit out of it too. Was really sad when the movie didn't perform at the box office and thought that was it. Thank God for Jim Cameron and his major influence in Hollywood. Only he could've pulled off a decision like this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom