• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Rogue Incursion Announced (PSVR2/PCVR/Quest 3)

Coming to PSVR2, Meta Quest 3, and SteamVR:

Developer Survios and 20th Century Games are celebrating by officially announcing Alien: Rogue Incursion, a new single-player action horror VR game that puts you closer to the Xenomorphs than you've ever been.

The unofficial Alien: Isolation VR mod is still one of the very best VR horror experiences you can have today, so this announcement is very exciting.

CamHostage

Nothing but a logo, that's frustrating, but it's coming this year, so they're bound to show more soon.

This Alien project was one of the first studio-developed VR games announced as using Unreal Engine 5. I'm not sure what they'd be getting out of it (the VR aspect of UE5 has had some setbacks and been slow to be proven useful in development, but there's some pretty nice potential as new UE5 features translate to VR,) Survios did a talk at GDC this year about, "Recommendations for system implementation and development practices when making modern Unreal Engine 5 VR games. Survios is utilizing these techniques to develop an upcoming VR game based on the Alien franchise." Unfortunately, that talk is not streaming, but it'll be interesting to see what improvements UE5 brings in comparison to the studio's previous titles.

(Suvrios has made games such as Creed / Big Rumble Boxing, Raw Data, the less-good VR TWD game The Walking Dead Onslaught, Battlewake, Westworld Awakening, and oddly Puzzle Bobble VR.

Gameplay would have been nice...

28834719.gif

Last edited:

CamHostage

only VR ? fuck them

Survios makes VR games. They have a non-VR version of Big Rumble Boxing, but VR is primarily what they do.

FOX is actively contracting studios to develop other Alien games. This VR project is one of them.

Aliens: Dark Descent was released just 10 months ago, we're getting this VR game in 2024, (and there's the new movie out in August, which may change the canon a bit, although Prometheus/Covenant really didn't spawn other media forks,) Coldiron Studio may already be working on another Alien game to follow up Aliens: Fireteam Elite, weird rumors say there's a "AAA" game of Alien being made by Grasshopper Manufacture (that one, I wouldn't hold your breath for...) The Alien franchise is quite active in the gaming market, if this one isn't for you then keep an eye out for the next one.

OR! Hear me out….No….And make Isolation 2 instead ffs

I don't think you would want Survios to make an Isolation 2.

What was good about that game was a particular skillset Creative Assembly brought to the horror experience concept, and that studio is very busy with the Total War franchise (but is also reeling from the cancelation of Hyenas, and it's unclear what that might mean for a potential second Alien game as they "concentrate their resources on the development of their specialty genres." Could mean 'survival horror' as one of their specialties, but it could also likely mean narrowing fully on strategy and TW titles.)

Also, SEGA is no longer the rights-holder for Alien products (though it's unclear if SEGA might still be in the mix?), so that complicates if not removes the Creative Assembly involvement.

Last edited:

Romulus

It's interesting that they're only developing for the Quest 3 and not Quest 2. Probably a good move.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Boy I’d sure love some gameplay footage.

EruditeHobo

I'll never understand how complicated these decisions are, but both Alien: Rogue and Alien: Incursion are better titles than Alien: Rogue Incursion.

MiguelItUp

Was really hoping for something else on 4/26, but hey, at least they're still making games with the IP. I just really wish I cared more about VR.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Interesting the thread title is deliberately not mentioning other platforms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom