• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Hope for the future - Indie game based on Hadley's Hope and prequel of Aliens.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Alien: Hope for the future - is the Immersive sim project with elements of survival-horror and tactics. This is not a commercial , fan project, which is being developed by one man ,me.

So how all this genres are disclosed in the game.

Survival - it is all clear. You need to survive. To find some supplies for you and other colonists. To avoid xenomorphs etc.

Horror - it is all clear even here.A small colony on the edge of a galaxy, alien organisms threatening all livings in the colony.And every day the situation is becoming worse.

Elements of Tactics - you will face some situations with different solutions. For example - you will need to barricade a specific territory (to stay safe for 1 night) or you can defend this territory from Xenomorphs.Your and your colonists life will depend on right positioning of defenders and which approaches will they barricade.

The game got nothing in common with the plot of the canonical book "River of Pain".

The story is about doings which are taking place in "Hadly's Hope" colony , before and during xenomorph incident.

In the main campaign your will be playing as on of the colonists who didn't figure in films,games etc.

Also there will be additional missions where you will play as others colony members.The first three of them will come out before main campaign and you will be able to play them in demo.

The game is only of 10-12% of it develepment.For me - the story is a main thing ,but animation, graphics, sound, light and gameplay are not layed aside.All will be updated as soon as possible.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Are you talking about Alien: Blackout?
I forgot that game was ever announced and I wanna forget it again.
As far as I know, the only thing Isolation related are a sequel book and a Switch port.

Naw I mean the crowdfunded indie game in the OP. Its first person, has stealth, has a motion tracker, has a blowtorch, and has aliens.

This is the best we're gonna get lmao

Hugare

I was gonna say that it looks mediocre, but there's only one dude making all of this??

Impressive

And yeah, I dont know how Fox lawyers havent knocked on his door yet

spookyfish

Seriously, why hasn't there been a film based on what happened to the colony? That's one I'm sure people would actually want to watch.
Dark Horse did a story called “Newt’s Tale,” all about the events after her father was infected and the subsequent events. It was actually pretty well done, and would have been bad-ass if filmed.

gamer82

Why have people not learned how o not post their game till it’s ready so at least it gets out there before it’s gone . Why fund something that will be taken down ?

Top Bottom