• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AI generated images in videogames

rubenburgt

I like to browse the eShop on my Nintendo Switch and I came across a few games from Aldora Games.

Their early games used low poly 3d models and badly drawn characters roughly based on other franchises, but their last few games has been nothing but visual novels with images created by AI. I couldn't help laughing at some of these images. I mean, some of them looks good, but some of them has weird stuff like hybrid humans/animals and weird proportions.

Examples:
0a4d3e1a976fbf75bf86cd1ade41d98eede93eeb84a4f7e0396c30ff22f78f0a

1e34a9c76c90da9506f8e9fd05d4bae2ad2f3a3f813d03323b3ef00559b77d6f

ce7619ecc385f3ff05c1d3bd514037a0a59671c76ccba8a16c0fa1ed08312b88

Do you know other games that use ai generated images?

Shovelware studios will be the first to use it because they're not interested in quality, they're interested in duping the unsuspecting into buying their games.

Legit studios are probably dabbling in it at the moment, but "hallucinations" in AI models still mean you have to do a fair amount of real artist cleanup. Only once the models are 99% idiot proof we will see widespread usage by large studios.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
High on Life reportedly used it

Until a recent patch the point and click adventure Stasis: Bone Totem used AI images. The problem is it interspersed them with images relevant to piecing together the plot, so it made it difficult to figure out what was important and what was AI nonsense. Mandalore Gaming points this out well on his review of the game.

Raven77

Laugh all you want but to me it's like laughing at someone for having an accent while they speak a non-native language.

What these generators are able to produce is nothing short of astonishing. Near Pixar levels of quality done in a split second. Sure there are some issues, but give it a few years and ai is going to change everything.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Laugh all you want but to me it's like laughing at someone for having an accent while they speak a non-native language.

What these generators are able to produce is nothing short of astonishing. Near Pixar levels of quality done in a split second. Sure there are some issues, but give it a few years and ai is going to change everything.
It's fair to laugh when they are selling this shit. I understand struggle in innovation, but charging money for stuff that is not ready is scummy at best.

Top Bottom