• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AI could explode gaming

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Dumb people still not understanding that the evolution of our species depends on ending every forms of scarcity.

That means that, yes, we could potentially give anyone the power of a fully staffed game studio at the tip of their fingers. And if we can do it, we must do it. Because the alternative is much worse (meaning only big corpos would have that power and the people would have nothing at all).
We are doing the opposite of that. In this scenario there will be a corp that owns the servers and takes a big cut from everything produced. People will try to make stuff with AI, but only a tiny fraction will have viral success and that success will be in the form of them getting a small cut of what the owner is making off of it. This is how it works now with youtube and other content platforms and this is how it will work in the future.

I don't think people understand that effort still needs to be applied when dealing with AI to create stuff.

Code & script logic, Art, Animation, Rigging the models so they can animate in your game, Audio, Implementing the audio into your game correctly, Game Design, Plus a load of other shit developers work on.

AI would just be an assist rather than an outright replacement and I don't think people understand that and keep just throwing the buzzword around like that did with 'Cloud' back in the day.

Surely I can't be the only one who knows OP is playing a character on these here GAF forums? But to answer your question, what will happen is the Chris Farley game of your dreams will finally become a reality, rejoice!

TFTXP50.gif

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Let me tell you why this is ok.

AI’s role in making video games brings numerous advantages to the gaming industry. Firstly, AI can enhance gameplay by creating dynamic and responsive environments. Game worlds can adapt to players’ choices, providing a personalized and immersive experience. Additionally, AI-driven characters can exhibit more realistic and complex behaviors, making interactions with non-player characters (NPCs) more engaging.

Moreover, AI enables procedural content generation, allowing games to have vast and diverse landscapes, levels, and challenges without requiring extensive manual design. This not only reduces development time but also ensures that players encounter unique and unpredictable scenarios. AI can also contribute to better storytelling through dynamic narratives that evolve based on player decisions, creating more captivating and interactive storylines.

Furthermore, AI in video games can enhance accessibility by adapting difficulty levels based on individual player skills. This inclusivity ensures that a broader audience can enjoy and participate in gaming experiences. Overall, the integration of AI in video game development promises to revolutionize the industry, offering richer, more adaptive, and enjoyable gaming experiences.

Danknugz

Let me tell you why this is ok.

AI’s role in making video games brings numerous advantages to the gaming industry. Firstly, AI can enhance gameplay by creating dynamic and responsive environments. Game worlds can adapt to players’ choices, providing a personalized and immersive experience. Additionally, AI-driven characters can exhibit more realistic and complex behaviors, making interactions with non-player characters (NPCs) more engaging.

Moreover, AI enables procedural content generation, allowing games to have vast and diverse landscapes, levels, and challenges without requiring extensive manual design. This not only reduces development time but also ensures that players encounter unique and unpredictable scenarios. AI can also contribute to better storytelling through dynamic narratives that evolve based on player decisions, creating more captivating and interactive storylines.

Furthermore, AI in video games can enhance accessibility by adapting difficulty levels based on individual player skills. This inclusivity ensures that a broader audience can enjoy and participate in gaming experiences. Overall, the integration of AI in video game development promises to revolutionize the industry, offering richer, more adaptive, and enjoyable gaming experiences.
most of the things you've mentioned are already existing in development and have been for years, AI would just fine tune that tech. the real change will be from solving human interaction and reducing the uncanny valley effect when interacting with robots / game characters.

ReyBrujo

There will be two kind of jobs in the future, the ones programming and the ones replaced by those programs. I kind of guess which side you are in, author.

In all seriousness I am a sucker for dungeon crawlers and they have been procedural generated since the very beginning, just adding AI to give some story and balance and I'm in.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
most of the things you've mentioned are already existing in development and have been for years, AI would just fine tune that tech. the real change will be from solving human interaction and reducing the uncanny valley effect when interacting with robots / game characters.
You responded to a post I made using ChatGPT. It was a joke.

Top Bottom