• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AI could explode gaming

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
pokemon is crud but what happens in the futures when AI gets sooooooo good that people use it in there basesement to clone games that are billions$?

AI can make it a little different so no lawsuits I'm sorry my friends.

exploding-star-trek-picard.gif

realcool

first prompt i'm using with the free online ai generated game developer bot: "create a multiplatform third person shooter battle royale game, not actually, but identical to fortnite"

giphy.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont know how good AI is for programming AI Bots for MP games, since when you hear about AI the past few years it's mostly limited to text and people goofing around making pictures.

But if AI can help build MP modes with bots easier, so every MP game can have offline bot mode, or always have good bots to round out teams that would be awesome. You wouldnt have to worry about the online community dying.

first prompt i'm using with the free online ai generated game developer bot: "create a multiplatform third person shooter battle royale game, not actually, but identical to fortnite"

giphy.gif
You’ll be just as out of touch and years too late as everyone else who has tried.

Ribi

Procedurally generated

AI art

But where do you think th AI learns from? That's right humans. AI should be a tool to make shit easier. If I'm having writers block as an artist but I have a general idea on what I want I just go to AI and ask it to generate my idea and then the creative juices show flow from there to tack or or take from the AI art. I for one want more AI art and ai coding because it makes games faster.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
If you are talking about Palworld, then no, it was not created using AI.
Generative AI simply was not as advanced in 2021 (when it was revealed) as it is now. Even now creating a 3D model with LODs, and rigging, texturing and animating them is not something you can just do with AI.
Just a reminder that these are the kind of people that keep telling you Palworld was made using AI.

Griffon

Dumb people still not understanding that the evolution of our species depends on ending every forms of scarcity.

That means that, yes, we could potentially give anyone the power of a fully staffed game studio at the tip of their fingers. And if we can do it, we must do it. Because the alternative is much worse (meaning only big corpos would have that power and the people would have nothing at all).

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
You have to scroll past 10 unfunny gifs before even getting to a reply. Probably 50% of this thread is annoying gifs. Wtf

Anyway, what it's going to also do is help hasten the upcoming game market crash and I welcome it.

Skifi28

If we reach a future where AI can just clone a complicated game out of nothing, we're going to have much bigger problems outside of gaming.

Toots

Gold Member
Posting cringy alarmists threads could explode your Neogaf account.
Will you stop doing it ?
sometimes the reward is worth the risk.
(In AI case the reward being making a shit ton of money doing essentially nothing)

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Dumb people still not understanding that the evolution of our species depends on ending every forms of scarcity.

That means that, yes, we could potentially give anyone the power of a fully staffed game studio at the tip of their fingers. And if we can do it, we must do it. Because the alternative is much worse (meaning only big corpos would have that power and the people would have nothing at all).
Ai accelerates big corpo control.

Majormaxxx

My backlog is enough to last forever... So not worried for me personally. Also getting into other outdoor hobbies, classical movies, books etc.

But the kids will be addicted.

ButchCat

Copyright legislation just like anything else before it in other words basement Joe won't make billions before he's not a corporate cunt.
Downloading Dougie Payne GIF by Travis

Last edited:
Top Bottom