• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After 2.5 years, Cyberpunk 2077’s Steam reviews are now ‘very positive’. CDPR thanks fans.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For those of you above suggesting delaying a year or dropping last gen, they couldnt. Game had been in production for ages and the next gen user base would be tiny regardless if it was a Dec 2020 or Dec 2021 launch. They had to churn out and make money.

Last gen systems were a combined ~170M units when 2077 launched.

nkarafo

I remember watching a video with all the bugs and weird things in the game. The worst was some empty unfinished areas on the map or other things like cops spawning out of nowhere, cars disappearing when you move the camera, etc.

Are these things still in the game?

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
i-dont-believe-you.gif

I’m glad I bought back in. I’m amongst the early Karen’s & Ken’s who got their money back. Only because I thought for sure the publisher would throw in the towel.

Shout out to them for not abandoning the vision.

Last edited:

Nikodemos

I hope they eventually get to within spotting distance of No Man's Sky, in terms of final product versus original promises.

EDMIX

I hope they eventually get to within spotting distance of No Man's Sky, in terms of final product versus original promises.

Same.

Not just 100% meeting the vision, but BEATING IT!

I wish that happens, but I'd rather they move on to a sequel with better direction, better engine, better design and start from the ground up. I don't even fucking want its sequel even fucking have some 2 in it lol Fucking call that shit Cyberpunk 2077 and reboot that shit lol

I want factions, I want gangs, I want all sorts of guilds and you able to actually JOIN THEM and behave as such, I want you to be able to pick between a human and robot and they have different attributes. The IP can be so much more with a more established team or bigger team or something, they dropped the ball big time and should have never had a team this small making such a concept, give them the fucking staff and support they need to actually make such a game!

StueyDuck

I remember watching a video with all the bugs and weird things in the game. The worst was some empty unfinished areas on the map or other things like cops spawning out of nowhere, cars disappearing when you move the camera, etc.

100% ..
I have no idea as to why we try keep acting like they've had a redemption arc like nms where they delivered all they promised and more.

The game just doesn't crash now 🤣 its still a hot mess.

Last edited:
Game was amazing, even at launch, if you were playing on XSX or PC. It's one of the most engrossing experiences in gaming.

Excited for the expansion, and inevitable sequel, because I'll never replay the main story again. 🤣 One time is fine for me.

Bojji

Seems the console version is still pretty bad going by the posts here.

Is it? I wanted to give it a go when the DLC launches on my ps5.

It isn't, it doesn't look as good as PC version but it's very solid graphically and performance is ok.

It's not bug free but no game is, those YouTube videos with bugs are made for almost every new game right now. I played few hours of CP on a launch day and didn't experience any major bugs (on pc).

Last edited:

JeloSWE

What did we learn from this. Never buy day one.

So many games require you to wait a month up to a year or more for them to finally resolve all the issues, if they ever do. Sigh!

Its not that deep

They fixed the game and people like it.
Is it fixed on PS4 with a SSD?
I was very mid on it when I played the patched PS4 version on PS5, part of it negative mindset, mostly shit like no traffic at all, retarded NPCs etc.Played the PS5 version recently and I thought it was great.
This answers it for me.

The issue here is that they either had to cancel the last gen versions of the game, or enforce or at least recommend SSD usage. There were PC branded Cyberpunk SSD's from WD, they should have done the same with external SSD's for PS4 and XBone.

They didn't so, as far as I understood they started nuking things in order for it to run "properly" on a normal HDD. At some point, again there wasn't a lot of coverage, PS4/Xbone patches started making the game more barren, because HDD couldn't load stuff, even above the CPU bottleneck threshold. This obviously sucked.

I actually wish they fixed those versions, but they probably focused on the easiest, fixing it going forward.

Last edited:

Bojji

Yeah, I heard that they were able to pull that off without too many problems. Maybe I WILL switch to PC gaming soon. Who knows?

Last gen version was fucking terrible for months and people were shitting on it for good reason (it should be cancelled IMO). But on pc this game was beautiful and playable from the beginning, way more buggy of course but that were mostly visual bugs.

I sold my series x 2 days ago, I'm happy with my PS5 and 4070 (plus 5800x3d). PC gaming is not for everyone but it is great.

Metnut

Great game. Would like to personally thank all of the beta testers who worked through all those day 1 bugs to ensure my experience was smooth as silk. You guys even paid for privilege of beta testing this game. Couldn’t have done it without you all!

Last edited:

drganon

I really enjoyed it, but they should have shitcanned the ps4/xbone versions and delayed it so it wasn't such a buggy mess at launch.

Mr Hyde

Still waiting on that complete edition for PS5. Should be announced soon given Phantom Libertys incoming release.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Great game, I just wish the story was less cinematic and offered more role playing possibilites.

Played since day one on PC and loved every minute. The most annoying bug I've encountered was my character T-posing on a motorbike in 3rd person.

Also, great game for benchmarking new GPU. Stared on 2080Ti, moved to 3080 and now 4090. 3 generations of GPU and the game is still pushing it to the limit. Love to see it.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

The cop thing is still like that but is one of the things they are finally going to overhaul in the next big update.

Gambit2483

Can't wait till Phantom Liberty and all of the NEW content added.

Hoping they add
- New Radio stations/songs
- tons of new vehicles to buy/steal
- new clothing options
- new enemy types
- new Cyberware attacks/abilities and of course new unique weapons of all kinds.

This is their chance to deliver the game they originally promised us, Can't wait.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Will the dlc actually add dialogue choice that branches out this time ?

Judging by the trailers and developer interviews, it's going to be even more linear and "cinematic" than the base game 🤮.

They are not interested in providing the player with the sandbox to tell their own story. They think their story is so amazing that it's worth sacrificing all possible RPG elements.

Fools idol

Banned
so when does that 'big revamp update' come out which supposedly makes the game 10x better that the developers wished was the launch version??

feels like its been promised for years, because it has!

Bojji

Judging by the trailers and developer interviews, it's going to be even more linear and "cinematic" than the base game 🤮.

They are not interested in providing the player with the sandbox to tell their own story. They think their story is so amazing that it's worth sacrificing all possible RPG elements.

They were never making sandbox games, there were always stories told by them, many with multiple outcomes. You want Bethesda style games but you won't find them in cdpr productions. There is room for all kinds of rpg games and I don't get why you want developers to morph their games into something competition is doing.

Their games are story focused first and this way have much higher production values than Skyrim/Fallout4 almost procedurally generated quests.

I never liked the way Bethesda makes their games and this concerns me much for starfield, I love the setting but their shallow quests and weak gameplay...

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
They were never making sandbox games, there were always stories told by them, many with multiple outcomes. You want Bethesda style games but you won't find them in cdpr productions. There is room for all kinds of rpg games and I don't get why you want developers to morph their games into something competition is doing.

Their games are story focused first and this way have much higher production values than Skyrim/Fallout4 almost procedurally generated quests.

I never liked the way Bethesda makes their games and this concerns me much for starfield, I love the setting but their shallow quests and weak gameplay...

The way Cyberpunk was advertised made me feel it will be more sandbox and yes more like Bethesda games. With dynamic crowd / NPC systems and ability to craft your own character and story.

Sadly, that was not the case.

Also, super hyped for Starfield. It's like the best of Bethesda sandbox but with actually decent gameplay (shooting and what not).

Bro as I said in an early post. This game was hyped and marketed to high hell about choice.

It's why all the early game stuff kept showing the first mission with the multiple ways to end it. Entire game was front loaded into the first mission.

Bojji

The way Cyberpunk was advertised made me feel it will be more sandbox and yes more like Bethesda games. With dynamic crowd / NPC systems and ability to craft your own character and story.

Sadly, that was not the case.

Also, super hyped for Starfield. It's like the best of Bethesda sandbox but with actually decent gameplay (shooting and what not).

Maybe they did that, I was hyped for the game but didn't listen to anything from developers lol. I didn't expect anything much different from Witcher games in terms of quest design.

I HOPE Starfield is great, I miss my mass effect games (fucking BioWare making dragon age...) and this title can potentially fill that void.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Maybe they did that, I was hyped for the game but didn't listen to anything from developers lol. I didn't expect anything much different from Witcher games in terms of quest design.

I HOPE Starfield is great, I miss my mass effect games (fucking BioWare making dragon age...) and this title can potentially fill that void.

Man, Mass Effect 1 is one of my all time favorites. I love Bethesda style games, love RPGs and love space games. So Starfield sounds just too good to be real. I'm trying to keep my hype level in check but it's getting harder and harder.

StereoVsn

People love to

They are actually fixing police and drivers ai with this new patch (expansion) but I love that people bring this up as some "major flaw" when game could be played without any police chases at all and focus is completely elsewhere.
Bigger issue for me is a complete shitshow of the overall NPC AI. No schedules, despawn in line of sight, completely lifeless, etc. Plus overall, Night City doesn't have much interactivity at all.

damidu

will check again sometime, last time i tried it was technically sound, mecahnically shallow as it gets. combat is awful too.
its problems always were much deeper than just technical. they tried to sell a basic action adventure game as next big rpg
still might be fun graphics showcase to b line through main missions. hopefully story gets good at some point too.

Top Bottom