• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advice Needed: GameCube Solutions For 4K TV

Velius

Banned
Hello Gaffers. This is what I have.
A 55 inch QLED 4K Smart.
Audio is a Sony STR-DN1050.
61SYWQxpIIL._SL1000_.jpg

I love me some God of War on this thing. I love RE2 on this.
god_of_war_EMB_03.jpg

But I want to play Prime 2, and there are no component hookups on my TV. I do have the Component Digital cable for GCN.
41Ed68HXm4L.jpg

Receiver has component in and out. But nothing on the TV, which tells me, unless I'm missing something, that I need to get a converter.

Your thoughts, my friends?
JFDUPaU.jpg

Receiver has component in and out. But nothing on the TV, which tells me, unless I'm missing something, that I need to get a converter.
Your receiver is the converter, you have 3 HDMI outputs on it (that looks suspiciously like the back of a Pioneer receiver, I have a similar model).
On the receiver:
- Connect the component cables to the back
- Connect an HDMI on HDMI output 1
- Set your input to whatever input you used (since you have more than one output you will probably need to pick one)
On the TV
- Select the input where you plugged your HDMI cable

Note that on the receiver's setup menu you have video options that will let you select options for de-interlacing, output resolution or the signal you send to the TV, aspect ratio, etc. it's a very complete solution, but I don't know what it does to your input lag... however that never seemed to be a problem for me.

Your receiver is the converter, you have 3 HDMI outputs on it (that looks suspiciously like the back of a Pioneer receiver, I have a similar model).
On the receiver:
- Set your input to whatever input you used (since you have more than one output you will probably need to pick one)
On the TV

Note that on the receiver's setup menu you have video options that will let you select options for de-interlacing, output resolution or the signal you send to the TV, aspect ratio, etc. it's a very complete solution, but I don't know what it does to your input lag... however that never seemed to be a problem for me.
This. Close this thread.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
On the receiver:
On the TV

Maybe he is using ARC? Either way it is the same thing and from his receiver input he should be able to play with his GC.

Velius

Banned
On the receiver:
On the TV

I need more help, sorry. Here's a better picture of the back.
08sony-str-dn1050-receiver-product-photos.jpg

What does ARC mean? I have it put in Out A, and component in. But it's not working.

What does ARC mean? I have it put in Out A, and component in. But it's not working.
ARC is for some remote control protocol (it probably uses HDMI CIC through this port)... anyway, it does not matter much at this point, it will just allow you to control your TV through your receiver.

Since this seems to be the main HDMI out connection this is where I would connect the TV.

There are two component inputs, so be sure to pick the right one, for things to be simpler put the game cube on the one labelled "game" this way you will be able to just press the "game" button on the remote to select it.
For the HDMI out selection, my model has only one of those, so I don't know how you would select it.

I can't help much more since I don't use mine for this anymore, I got an old received that I use only for sound now mainly because I have had a 4K TV for a while and less time to play with the consoles, however the instructions that come with the Pioneer receivers are extremely detailed and well written (assuming things have not changed). so you will have to look at the input and hdmi output configuration section, these are probably a few lines of text with some images.

ARC means Audio Return Channel, but that's irrelevant.

Unless your receiver has some weird restriction you should be able to connect the GC to Component Video In 1 or In 2, HDMI A out to your TV, and the receiver will output whichever input you select on it via.

Make sure TV is on HDMI input you connect on its end while the Receiver is on the Component selection you connected the GC to. If that doesn't work your receiver might be defaulting output for that particular Component In to one of the HDMI B or zone 2 outputs for some reason.

Top Bottom