• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advanced Wars 1-2: Re-Bot Camp is coming on April 21. 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
FoelXMbaYAI2hmd

Last edited:
The other thread was also named Game Boy Advanced. I wonder where the "d" is coming from.

End of the war confirmed? Or why the sudden change in Nintendos attitude of not releasing a war game while war is played with real guns?

Tams

The other thread was also named Game Boy Advanced. I wonder where the "d" is coming from.

End of the war confirmed? Or why the sudden change in Nintendos attitude of not releasing a war game while war is played with real guns?

I used to call it the 'Game Boy Advanced' and 'Advanced Wars'. The reason is there are already nouns in both and the 'advance' is clearly being descriptive so people naturally use the adjective which is 'advanced'. 'Advance' is grammatically correct but in GBA it means the thing is an 'Advance' not a Game Boy; and in AW, it means 'to further wars' rather than the 'wars with advanced technology' that I think they were going for.

As for why it's being released? Probably because it's finished and needs to start making money at some point. Plus, it doesn't seem like the backlash they expected is going to happen. If anything, some people might even enjoy it more.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Nintendo is all over the place with pricing. Isn't metroid $40 and this is $50? And then the new Zelda is $70 but botw is still $60 and it's the oldest game.

Huh

Top Bottom