• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Trilogy coming to Game Pass September 26 | TGS 2023

SLaPZXX.png

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I remember when I used to get the DS versions imported because they released like a year before they hit the EU or states and had an English option built in.

I love this series, I wasent a huge fan of the prequels or Apollo Justice, although what made phoenix Wright great was all still there, the issue is phoenix himself, they have set to top him in terms of a protagonist.

If you have never played these... hybrid visual novel/point and click adventures please give them ago, sure not everyone will like them, but I bet enough of you will be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Shamefully, I can't remember if I bought this or not (I've definitely not played it), so I'm unclear how happy/grateful I should feel for this news...

Bridges

These late ass ports are brutal.
Game has been on Xbox for a long time, it's only now coming to Game Pass. Pretty sure it was day and date with the other console releases of the trilogy.

But seriously, who plays these on a TV?
There's a reason these games were born on handhelds and ported to smartphones way before consoles.
I played 1 & 2 for the first time on a big screen and loved it. I have exclusively played Visual Novels on a massive television and thoroughly enjoyed the experience (except for the occasion of someone walking in the room during Danganronpa, sometimes that was tough to explain).

Mouse controls make a lot of sense for these games. And virtually nobody played PC games on screens bigger than 24” at the time of the earliest PC ports.

Playing AA with a controller on a 65”+ screen is… not how I envision the ideal way of playing it.
I thought people loved that 8 bit blocky look in games today? :messenger_squinting_tongue:
Make that screen bigger to get bigger blocks.

StereoVsn

Mouse controls make a lot of sense for these games. And virtually nobody played PC games on screens bigger than 24” at the time of the earliest PC ports.

Playing AA with a controller on a 65”+ screen is… not how I envision the ideal way of playing it.
I have the DS version, 3DS, iOS, Switch and PC. lol, mostly got them in cheap sales for the latter ones. But anyway, iOS iPad and Switch OLED are the best for usability.

theclaw135

Banned
Game has been on Xbox for a long time, it's only now coming to Game Pass. Pretty sure it was day and date with the other console releases of the trilogy.

Heads up, the game is also now cross-buy.

If you already have the Xbox version, the Windows Store version was added to your library no purchase necessary.

Bridges

Heads up, the game is also now cross-buy.

If you already have the Xbox version, the Windows Store version was added to your library no purchase necessary.
Wonderful news. Maybe I'll play with a mouse for the third game whenever I finally get around to it

A.Romero

Enjoyed the first one and the 3DS one. I was thinking about getting this for Switch but I rather wait.

Good news for me.

Top Bottom