• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Infinity may have a monthly subscription

nani17

are in a big trouble

"If what I've been told is true, Assassin's Creed Infinity will be quite focused on microtransactions, with a monthly subscription (a bit like GamePass) which will give access to all the old AC games (not sure about the new ones), future DLCs, one exclusive skin/item per month, etc. It wouldn't be surprising when we see how much Ubisoft has made most of the paid skins on Odyssey and Valhalla, but this would be worse..."

Heavy focus on microtransactions
The subscription will give access to old AC games (he is unsure about new ones), future DLC, and one exclusive skin/item per month

Stupid move if this is true

Last edited:

StereoVsn

morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There is only three games from Ubi that I'm willing to buy, and all three have Remake in their name.

Arun1910

I thought Infinity was just supposed to be a sort of Hub to mimic the Animus in game and choose your game/story/memory.

If its subscription based then theres really no need for me to pay for it.

//DEVIL//

Yes do it. Please do it.

So it can flop so hard and you go under and we get rid of your shitty company. please do it . 100$ per month

SJRB

Gold Member
That's great! I paid like 5 bucks for Ubi +, played AC Mirage for about 10 hours and canceled my sub.

Saved me 40 bucks! Did the same with Far Cry 6 and Ghost Recon. Thanks Ubi!

Last edited:

Shakka43

Don't they give all AC games with their (whatever is called) Ubisoft subscription thing already? If so, the point of this subscription is even dumber than it already sounds.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
AC infinity may not have my money

Is Ubisoft's subscription not good enough?

"If what I've been told is true, Assassin's Creed Infinity will be quite focused on microtransactions, with a monthly subscription (a bit like GamePass) which will give access to all the old AC games (not sure about the new ones), future DLCs, one exclusive skin/item per month, etc. It wouldn't be surprising when we see how much Ubisoft has made most of the paid skins on Odyssey and Valhalla, but this would be worse..."

Heavy focus on microtransactions
The subscription will give access to old AC games (he is unsure about new ones), future DLC, and one exclusive skin/item per month

Stupid move if this is true

This is probably either two things: A) Not true(yeah right) or B) Mistranslated. What they could mean is that you will be given a choice to join a subscription service for MTX in the game where you can
get free and paid items(that hopefully won't effect gameplay). Ala "GTA+ Club" for Ubisoft. Assassin's Creed Club $6.99 a month subscription.

YuLY

I was hoping they would do an Ancient Rome AC before the francize turned to shit. It was one of the last periods I really wanted to see from the series.

Hey Yves, suck my baguette you french fuck.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I can see something like this working (not the sub so much, but just the idea of building a base for AC and then expanding on that) if instead of new full price games the base game got large updates come in the form of DLC.

The big question mark would be whether or not you could get AC fans to buy into the DLCs at anywhere near the rates they are currently buying the standalone games. In that sense, going the Spider-man route and selling a DLC as a standalone package might work better.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
As long as it optional I don't care. If it's not optional then I'm not going to buy it plain and simple.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Just call it a Monthly Animus Access Fee...lean into it.

AssCreed is a gaming platform and I will probably bite for a month or two...esp if they add more Odyssey content to it.

Top Bottom