• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A single cosmetic pack in Diablo IV will be $28

Ogbert

Its a mess. Them taking out actual campaign stuff is ridiculous. Imagine Diablo IV removing ACT 1 from the game after a year.

Fucking lmao. Not saying the pew pew isnt good (best fps in any game tho? lmaooooo).

Diablo IV will be leagues ahead of both games quality wise.
Putting lmao in the middle of your post doesn’t make it any more convincing.

So name the games with better and more enjoyable FPS mechanics.

GymWolf

Putting lmao in the middle of your post doesn’t make it any more convincing.

So name the games with better and more enjoyable FPS mechanics.
Isn't destiny 2 famous for the shitty enemy ia?

Even more noticeable because these people made the first 4 halo games.

Gunplay is great, sure.

Ogbert

Isn't destiny 2 famous for the shitty enemy ia?

Even more noticeable because these people made the first 4 halo games.

Gunplay is great, sure.
Yes, the AI is fodder outside of raids and GMs. As you suggest, I was really just referring to the gunplay.

It was more the idea that it isn’t a very polished AAA game, which it patently is.

Draugoth

Gold Member
This was already addressed.

KQWTHYGJ3R8H1683679745672.png

Whats the next shit tier argument?

I can't fathom the mind of people who complain about entirely optional cosmetic purchases in this day and age. The amount of free content games with successful mtx get because of whales with impulse control issues far exceeds that of paid DLC era games.

In development content not final :pie_thinking:

Remember the Overwerwatch PvE screenshots? Dont trust Blizzard!

rznh6yi.jpg

Btw, the Battle Pass gives you XP boosting packs, not really P2W but it sure is a big helper for $10 if people manage to find broken farming spots.

Last edited:

Juras

Meanwhile...

The armors you get ingame:

images

The armor you get for paying:

clhyzjt5c000vjp0fnbuy94m7_1
Actually it's 100% accurate for POE.

TmacO2m.jpg

Example of ingame "set"...

jqe9xrw.png

...and shop set.

While cost of single armour pack is even more than standard edition of Diablo IV.

WXOAPAY.jpg

QPjFfn9.jpg

wD6Chw6.png

Examples of ingame armour skins I unlocked in beta at lv20/25.
4v3v6PG.png

Aw7WqMV.png

tbMjcsW.png

sc7FHh1.png

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Blizzard fell off a fucking cliff to me with some of the things they've been up to these last few years, just another predatory company with shit ethics and barbaric practicies. If people want to support a product and firm that does this dog shit then fair play to them (y)

Personally do not care how many 95%'s it has.

The last straw came for me with having to sign in periodically for Diablo 2 on the Switch

Get fucked Blizzard :poop:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Actually it's 100% accurate for POE.

TmacO2m.jpg

Example of ingame "set"...

jqe9xrw.png

...and shop set.

While cost of single armour pack is even more than standard edition of Diablo IV.

WXOAPAY.jpg

QPjFfn9.jpg

wD6Chw6.png

Examples of ingame armour skins I unlocked in beta at lv20/25.
4v3v6PG.png

Aw7WqMV.png

tbMjcsW.png

sc7FHh1.png
POE is F2P

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Since POE is F2P, it's okay for them to charge 50 dollars for an Armour set and lock out transmog against a pay wall. However, it's not okay for Blizzard to charge $29 for an Armour set.

Makes complete sense.
It does.

And didn't offer a lot of stuff for purchase at that when it first launched. They added it over years. Much different than designing pieces of gear and removing them during development to be sold separately.
Yep.

Last edited:

sendit

In development content not final :pie_thinking:

Remember the Overwerwatch PvE screenshots? Dont trust Blizzard!

rznh6yi.jpg

Btw, the Battle Pass gives you XP boosting packs, not really P2W but it sure is a big helper for $10 if people manage to find broken farming spots.
There are three tiers to Diablo 4's Battle Pass. Free, premium, and accelerated. Everyone gets the Free tier, this includes the 26 levels of getting Smoldering Ash resources to spend on XP boost/gold for seasonal characters. Premium and Accelerated tiers is all cosmetic rewards.

Source

Last edited:
i'm just going with a battle pass & a cosmetic pack for now. figure i'll eventually save up enough to buy the game itself somewhere down the road a bit...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The last mtx/DLC I bought was a map pack for MW3 on 360. That was over 10 years ago. Ya, I contributed to the COD map pack craze, but havent bought any weird shit ever since.

But for every 100 people like me, all it takes is one whale spending his paystub on add-ons and thats enough to keep the e-store going.

Allandor

These companies hire people who's sole job is to design the monetization in a way that essentially abuses how human psychology works in order to optimize how much money you can get your playerbase to spend while also not making the monetization so off putting that you end up making people not want to play or spend money.

So sure, you can boil it down and make it sound like a simple thing, but it's really not.
No it is just as easy as this. It is just cosmetics nothing that is needed.
Sure same can be said about the game. Don't buy a current game if you don't have yourself s bit under control.

And yes, I also play Fortnite and have skins there. But the only thing I paid real money for, was the "Singleplayer"-mode. For everything else I just have played the game and at some point I had enough bucks to get the battle pass. About 3 seasons needed for the first battle pass and from there you get enough vbucks.
My kids are not that self controled in games. They want to buy cosmetics. Problem exist if you start with this once.

geary

Since POE is F2P, it's okay for them to charge 50 dollars for an Armour set and lock out transmog against a pay wall. However, it's not okay for Blizzard to charge $29 for an Armour set.

Makes complete sense.
50 dolars? I think, you havent saw the 480 dolars pack in PoE…but is explainable…is free to play.

/s

Draugoth

Gold Member
If there’s one thing I like more than pretty nice cosmetics in a $70 game its pissing off people who whine about them.

SOLD!

dirty mind pleasure GIF by Refinery 29 GIFs
200.gif

You are part of the problem that makes modern Blizzard sucks

Would you rather earn these in game with your time invested and use the money on other games or pay $500 to get a bunch of cosmetics just so you could feel good for a day or two?

You are part of the problem that makes modern Blizzard sucks

Would you rather earn these in game with your time invested and use the money on other games or pay $500 to get a bunch of cosmetics just so you could feel good for a day or two?
Also….I’m actually just messing around for kicks. Although I am of the opinion that if you want something and you see the value in it there is no harm. But personally 25, 30 dollars for a cosmetic is bonkers to me too.

Top Bottom