• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Guide to the new Fall 2010 TV Series (What are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Oh, didn't see who was staring in Shit my Dad Says. If the writing is good it shouldn't be TOO bad since Sasso and Sullivan worked pretty well together on MadTV. I might watch an episode or two since I'm kinda a Shatner fan, but odds are it will be crap :|

ghostmind

What a lineup to celebrate my return to television-viewing with...

So since I will be watching very little of the above, what returning series are worth my time? I like sci-fi, epics, period-pieces and smartly-written dramas.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit Outsourced and Mike & Molly offend every bone in my body. I will watch Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead for sure and I'll give Terriers a shot because of Shawn Ryan's involvement.

Averon

The only things remotely interesting are The Event and Undercovers. After Lost, I have little patience for long, drawn out procedurals, so The Event will have a short amount of time to impress me. Undercovers is only on my list because Abrams' name is attached to it. It can and will be dropped quickly if it doesn't grab me rather quickly.

The Walking Dead is the only new show I'm really excited about. That, Fringe, Supernatural and Stargate Universe will likely be the extent of my TV watching this season.

edit: Forgot Dexter! Definitely going to watch that this season.

hermit7

Will be watching Chuck, Community, Walking Dead, The League. Will test out Undercovers to see how it is.

Not too many original series, but they all look/ have been good in the past.

BlueWord

I'll definitely give Running Wilde a look. If it can recreate any of the greatness of Arrested Development, it'll be one of the best shows in years.

anaron

ghostmind said:
What a lineup to celebrate my return to television-viewing with...

So since I will be watching very little of the above, what returning series are worth my time? I like sci-fi, epics, period-pieces and smartly-written dramas.
Mad Men.

Sober

Hmm, doesn't look too good. I have hopes for Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods. Definitely gonna watch The Event and Nikita. Guess I'll give some of the rest a spin for a couple weeks and see how it goes.

Salazar said:
Retcon Gilmore Girls. Pay Alexis Bledel whatever it takes.
They should just cast her in Parenthood, good enough for me.

Mike and Molly - hoping for the best, but not expecting TBBT/2.5M funnies.

No Ordinary Family - please god let this work. I love the premise.

The Walking Dead - I will make this show work. I will it to be.

Hellcats - Hoping this is a a guilty pleasure. Please be cheesy and fun.

Shit My Dad Says - Shatner. Will watch ANYTHING with him. Good or bad.

The Event - looking more like FastForward. =( But will give it a shot.

Blue Bloods - will watch just in case Selleck's shirt falls off each episode, and to support The Stache. =)

Keeping my ears open for solid feedback from several others.

Sean

Banned
That TV lineup is a whole lotta fail, nearly all of those shows look absolutely terrible.

Only new shows I'm interested in are Boardwalk Empire, The Event, and No Ordinary Family.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'll watch anything with Terrence Howard. I'll watch anything labeled Law & Order.

xbhaskarx

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit annnnd shit. As expected.

The Walking Dead better be really freaking good...

Edit: I forgot about Boardwalk Empire. So that makes two shows I'll bother to check out.

BeeDog

Only interesting new shows that aren't even in the OP:

• Boardwalk Empire - The biggest new show this fall. Will watch it with cock in hand (hopefully).
  • The Walking Dead - The trailer didn't do much for me, but it is still alluring. Hopefully it turns out to be a good show.
  • Terriers - It's getting some great buzz, and it has a good creative force involved.

And of course, then there are the returning shows such as Sons of Anarchy and whatnot that will still blow minds.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Joely Richardson was replaced by Maura Tierney on The Whole Truth.

I find it really sad that Garrett Dillahunt is doing a presumably awful Fox comedy.

--

New stuff:
The Event - I'm interested, if somewhat morbidly. Probably something I'll like in concept and hate in execution and drop after a couple episodes.
Running Wilde - I'll watch the pilot and maybe more, but I have no real faith in it being good. Unfortunately, Will Arnett is not a leading man and the premise is too much like a fake sitcom South Park would create for a brief joke.
Boardwalk Empire - Great cast and crew, should be marvelous.
The Walking Dead - Comics are good and I expect this to be better without burdened by Kirkman's bad dialogue.
Terriers - Seems like it would be fun.
Sym-Bionic Titan - Genndy Tartakovsky returns to Cartoon Network with a new animated series, hell yeah!

Cipherr

The cast of Hawaii Five-0 looks nice.

But I dont really want to watch any of this stuff. Just gonna stick with the shows I already watch, fringe etc.

Dan said:
The Event - I'm interested, if somewhat morbidly. Probably something I'll like in concept and hate in execution and drop after a couple episodes.
Running Wilde - I'll watch the pilot and maybe more, but I have no real faith in it being good. Unfortunately, Will Arnett is not a leading man and the premise is too much like a fake sitcom South Park would create for a brief joke.
Boardwalk Empire - Great cast and crew, should be marvelous.
The Walking Dead - Comics are good and I expect this to be better without burdened by Kirkman's bad dialogue.
Terriers - Seems like it would be fun.
Sym-Bionic Titan - Genndy Tartakovsky returns to Cartoon Network with a new animated series, hell yeah!

Great list. I'll maybe also try Outlaw, Hawaii Five-0 and Shit My Dad Says because of the leads.

Salazar

DieH@rd said:
Also, OP needs to add HBO shows asap.

Leave OP alone - he was just outlining detestable network trash.

Pretty much everybody watching HBO and AMC stuff already knows what they're going to catch.

Rad-

I'll check out The Walking Dead and Running Wilde. Otherwise a god damn boring looking season. :( Again.

The vast majority of the shows in the OP don't interest me in the slightest. I'm kind of interested in Chase and My Generation. I'll definitely be checking out The Walking Dead.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire for sure.

I'm also interested in Raising Hope and Running Wilde but I'm sure Fox will cancel both of them before the end of the season.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Could you post with info on when the major shows will be returning?

Still have to finish house and chuck and CSI:NY before getting into this season's stuff.

Btw, is there a good nzb rss feed creator? There was mytvnzb but I think that's gone now.

Karish

LOVED Detroit 187. I'm from the suburbs of Detroit, and was actually skeptical of this show, but it was great.

Replicant

Hmm so far:

<- The Walking Dead
Nikita (I wish more people watch this. It's pretty good)
The Event
Vampire Diaries S2
Merlin S3
Supernatural S6
Fringe S2 (still catching up)
Community S1 (still catching up)

and maybe Hawaii Five-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom