• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You don't learn Disney.... Controversial TV SHOW "OYE PRIMOS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Disney ‘s animated comedy series, ” Primos,” has recently generated a range of opinions and sparked discussions among viewers. While some praise its premise and representation of a multicultural Mexican American family, others have expressed concerns about potential stereotypes. Let’s delve into the details surrounding the series and the mixed reviews it has received.

Created and executive produced by Natasha Kline, “Primos” draws inspiration from Kline’s own childhood experiences with her extended multicultural Mexican American family. The show revolves around Tater, an imaginative 10-year-old girl with big dreams, and her 12 cousins (“primos” in Spanish) who come together for a summer of adventures. Each half-hour episode consists of two 11-minute stories, aiming to provide lighthearted entertainment for its audience.

While Disney Branded Television has showcased exciting new offerings during the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour, it remains uncertain if “Primos” will be part of the lineup. This ambiguity has added to the anticipation surrounding the series and the question of its official release and reception.

Despite the limited available information, an episode of ” Primos” was leaked on Reddit, prompting viewers to offer their opinions on the show. It is important to note that leaked episodes might not represent the final product, and it’s advisable to reserve judgment until an official release occurs. Nonetheless, the leak managed to generate negative feedback from Reddit users.

5096f4c4f03542cb130d8f58cf3ac00c

It is a lack of respect for Mexico and countries like Chile to put the city "Terremoto", When tragedies have happened in recent years and in Mexico City in 1985

- The disgusting Sepia color, when Latin-America there is a lot of color.

- The names of characters.

- The name of the program is not even spelled correctly.

-The way people live is unpleasant and it is not how it is represented in Latin America... I am in Mexico City, that is not how it is represented.

-They don't even know how to say the word in Spanish .... En realidad la oración deberia ser " Oye Primo, o incluso Oigan primos" Pero no ... lo escriben tan mal que ponen "Oyes primos" :pie_eyeroll:

daffyduck

It’s created and produced by a Mexican American. Besides, I don’t think the target audience is going to perceive the typical twitter/reddit grievances.

Earthquakes, really? Because those only occur in Mexico and Chile?

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
There's a simple solution. Don't watch it. Not going to dox the Mexican city I live in but there's nothing offensive about a town called Terremotos. I was here when the big one hit in 2017.

Most here aren't that sensitive to these things. People don't go out and picket protest a streaming program for kids in Mexico. I live within close proximity of Mexico city too...and they tend to have the international offices for distribution. More Gaf...less Twitter may help too.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
There's a simple solution. Don't watch it. Not going to dox the Mexican city I live in but there's nothing offensive about a town called Terremotos. I was here when the big one hit in 2017.

Most here aren't that sensitive to these things. People don't go out and picket protest a streaming program for kids in Mexico. I live within close proximity of Mexico city too...and they tend to have the international offices for distribution. More Gaf...less Twitter may help too.
/thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom