• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Release Date is being decided

Draugoth

Gold Member
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Developer comment number 1

FxnpIVfakAIZp9D

Last edited:

Elios83

Is this news?

Yes in the sense that it's an official update on the status of the title.

And they're confirming they're on track and according to plan (next winter) and they're now trying to decide on a precise release date.

I guess late January 2024.

FF 7 Intergrade was great. Combat system was excellent, production values top notch and they stayed mostly true to the original. Excited to see how Rebirth continues the story, how the world map is created and what's changed and what didn't.
Mostly true to the original..??

The remake is taking 3 times longer to come out than the original took to make.

Yes, but also, it's not actually a remake. I would not be at all surprised if Rebirth starts to do a hard swerve away from the story of the original and leans heavily into the "this is actually a sequel" angle they were establishing in Remake.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
All the people being like

THIS ISN'T NEWS KEK

Are clearly not the same people populating this site ten years ago, when the updates we'd get on Versus XIII were essentially "Yeah, that's a thing that DEFINITELY exists and is being worked on!" packaged into a different sentence every year.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Yes, but also, it's not actually a remake. I would not be at all surprised if Rebirth starts to do a hard swerve away from the story of the original and leans heavily into the "this is actually a sequel" angle they were establishing in Remake.
More like a general retelling.

YukiOnna

Nice. I'm guessing it'll be January/February so that it's before the Fiscal Year ends.
Yoshi-P just said he already played it so I guess they're starting the marketing run.

Bkdk

Likely early 2024. I want rebirth far more than ff16. One main point is way better character designs.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Likely early 2024. I want rebirth far more than ff16. One main point is way better character designs.

Clive does strike me as like...a default character option in an MMO.

Square (mostly Nomura) has classically gone way too far the other direction, but there's a Line between Marche from FFTA and main characters looking like NPCs from FFXII.

Go_Ly_Dow

Can't wait. They seem even more confident about Rebirth than they did about Remake, going by the commentary June last year.

I'm banking on April-May 2024.

Go_Ly_Dow

What are the odds they release it all by the end of the decade?
Very good.

1. Remake - 2020
2. Rebirth - 2024
3. Re......... - 2027-2028 as a end of current gen game

They've already began work on the 3rd and final installement since early-mid last year, as per the developer commentary when Rebirth was announced in June 2022.

Last edited:
More like a general retelling.
Did you play it? It's not a retelling. It's a sequel.

It's very clear in FFR, that the events in FFVII DID happen, in another timeline, but those events are changing. The ending basically flat out says that the ties to destiny (the FFVII we know) have broken and anything can happen.

the first part of remake is already 5x better than the entirety of the original.
Exactly. People still acting as if this is a one to one remake is strange. FFVII Remake is a full game on its own. FFVII Rebirth is a completely new RPG.

Last edited:
To me it sounds like the game is pretty much done & they are ready to pull the trigger for any date.

They are just waiting to see what other companies announce at Gamefest & Nintendo’s release dates so they can pick a date where no other AAA games will interfere with their sales.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Did you play it? It's not a retelling. It's a sequel.

It's very clear in FFR, that the events in FFVII DID happen, in another timeline, but those events are changing. The ending basically flat out says that the ties to destiny (the FFVII we know) have broken and anything can happen.

of course I played it I had to hang out with Jesse’s family. I hope sephiroth kills them.

Ozzie666

The original remake was great. I tried to go back and play the Yuffie content but struggling to put much time into it. I think something is wrong with me, it almost feels like a chore. Not sure if I let too much time pass between the game and the DLC. Does it pick up?

Top Bottom