• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90 Day Fiance is the greatest reality show of all time

-Arcadia-

Banned
I just now realized it's not 90 Day Finance, and got interested. I've been skipping past this thread and posts, wondering what the big deal was for months, lol.

Grinchy

Banned
I just now realized it's not 90 Day Finance, and got interested. I've been skipping past this thread and posts, wondering what the big deal was for months, lol.
Well, if you get into watching this, be ready for the trashiest trashfest that ever trashed.

If you watch some clips on youtube or something and find yourself interested, you should really go back and start from the beginning. Things build up in a nice way over the years.

oagboghi2

Alright fiends, I know you're still watching.

We currently have Happily Ever After and The Other Way going on. Other spinoffs also exist, but I just can't watch them anymore.

Coltee is cheating on his mom with yet another Brazilian "girlfriend" who is looking for a green card. She's here working as an au pair on a 2 year visa, of which only 6 months are left. She's "in love" with Coltee.

zRC2y0J.png
Did Colt lose weight

Grinchy

Banned
I can't help but find myself questioning everything I'm seeing now. Like the scene where Paul and Karine are in the Kroger store and Paul spends 5+ minutes freaking out about pads/tampons while Karine stands at the cart smirking and being annoyed. He finally says he's just going to go ask the pharmacist...

It all just feels so fake. Like the show wanted some footage, they were in the store, Karine wasn't playing ball, so Paul had to step up his TV show character to make sure they got more stuff for an airable episode segment. These couples that stay on for multiple seasons just start basically doing bad improv to keep their dumb storylines going.

Look at Elizabeth and Andrrrrrei. He's suddenly pretending to be a mustache-twirling villain to get better footage.

Grinchy

Banned
It's absolutely ridiculous that the show made Coltee bring his mom to Brazil with him and stay in the same room as the two of them just to get more footage. They must have agreed to pay for the trip or pay extra for the episodes or something.

They claim they don't pay for the air travel and stuff, but I think that's more for new couples and not the ones they literally write storylines for.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone catch last night's episode, where Larissa says "In my head I'm just a big nerd-e"? Then starts trying to explain Bloodborne to her new roomate?

C R I N G E

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone catch last night's episode, where Larissa says "In my head I'm just a big nerd-e"? Then starts trying to explain Bloodborne to her new roomate?

C R I N G E
Oh wow that's weird. I haven't watched yet. Probably will tonight. I'd say I'm shocked that she likes Bloodborne, but she actually looks a little bit like Father Gascoigne.

Grinchy

Banned
That dinner with Angela and Michael was really showing the seams of how manufactured the show gets for couples that have been around for many seasons.

And the stuff with Larissa is just getting so ridiculous. I started skipping every Darcey segment and may have to do the same with Larissa.

buizel

Banned
this show is bananans

the fat white american who went to nigeria to boss around the poor little nigerian and controlling him.. so depressing

paul & karine... that paul guy is psycho nuts. installs cams to watch his girlfriend (but so poor to buy food), has rages at his mom and wife.... she ran away after he livestreamed a break up where paul called the cops

coltee's mum sabotaging his relationships

so many awful people playing fucked up games with others..

buizel

Banned

how is this fat bitch alive

edit: wrong clip, theres one where they meet michaels friends and she gets mad and storms off and rages because theyre female.... jeussus isnt this like emotional abuse

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
That dinner with Angela and Michael was really showing the seams of how manufactured the show gets for couples that have been around for many seasons.

And the stuff with Larissa is just getting so ridiculous. I started skipping every Darcey segment and may have to do the same with Larissa.

Hmm, I usually have a pretty good sense when these things are faked and scripted.

All the Angela rages and outbursts seem pretty genuine... and appaling, like when shes screaming at him

i wonder if theyve caught or cut any time angela maybe said a bad n word to michael. i mean, she looks like shes on the verge of dropping one every time she sees him.

Grinchy

Banned
I love the show but I think every couple who has been around for a few seasons knows how to juice the moment during the few days they have the camera crew around.

The more episodes they appear in, the more money they get paid, the more chance for future episodes, the more opportunity for online revenue from places like Cameo, the more social media followers, ect.

So you get moments where Angela is screaming at Michael for a ring tone. Not saying it's all totally fake, but I think she knows how to juice it up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gotta say, scripted or not, last night's episode of Happily Ever After? was absolutely classic.

iu

Colt goes to Brazil to meet his new girlfriend Jess' parents. While there, she finds out that he is still texting his ex (and his ex is watching his cats while he is gone). So in last night's episode, she breaks up with him in the most hilarious way possible. She flat out tells him that she is going over to her ex-boyfriend's house to bang the guy. Colt's response: "That really kinda breaks my heart. I'm going to have to talk to her in the morning and see if there is any way this can be salvaged or if it's totally over."

Dude....

Grinchy

Banned
I was convinced that the Elizabeth and Ahn-dlay stuff was completely exaggerated until this episode. These aren't professional improv actors. There was real drunken anger going on.

It's so obvious that Andrei is hiding something about his past and his friends and family are helping to cover it up. Dude seems like a psycho.

Grinchy

Banned
Is anyone still watching this piece of shit show? I had taken a few weeks off of it and came back and binged what I had missed over the last week or so.

It's still shit!

The side show, The Other Way is on some kind of break until next month.

But, the side show, Happily Ever After is the current "main" show and is still going.

Whoever is in charge of all this stuff probably came up with the idea for the Xbox naming schemes.
I haven't watched much of the spin offs other than before the 90 days but I may take the plunge.

I'm currently balls deep in another shit show of a show with married at first sight

Last edited:

TriSuit666

Banned
Is anyone still watching this piece of shit show? I had taken a few weeks off of it and came back and binged what I had missed over the last week or so.

It's still shit!

Yep, still hanging in on there, Angie baby... baby, please.

And aren’t you also watching Darcey & Stacey?

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Yep, still hanging in on there, Angie baby... baby, please.

And aren’t you also watching Darcey & Stacey?
omg no

My standards are low, but they're not that low! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I was already at the point where I was skipping through every Darcey segment before they even used their dead brother's grave to get just one more scene to film.

TriSuit666

Banned
omg no

My standards are low, but they're not that low! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I was already at the point where I was skipping through every Darcey segment before they even used their dead brother's grave to get just one more scene to film.

omg, you so should. Episode 3 where they contrive a shouting match in the street over a broken windshield wiper!

It’s Andrei levels of camp. And that utter fucktard Tom pops up for another 5 seconds of fame before he fucks off back to Northampton, or whatever hellhole he crawled from.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I've only seen a few eps but that young Brazilian chick that was going to marry that rich old white guy was fine af

did they end up living happily ever after?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grinchy

Banned
The Tell All episodes for the newest Happily Ever After season have been the covid webcam shitshows we've learned to expect.

I do not understand the point of Tania and Syngin sticking together at all. He's got alcohol problems and she's got everything problems. They can barely stand each other. It just feels like they're both so afraid of being alone that they'll just barely tolerate each other.

Lots of good Coltee stuff. Larissa looks like a transgender blow-up doll after all the surgeries and the insane makeup.

I've only seen a few eps but that young Brazilian chick that was going to marry that rich old white guy was fine af

did they end up living happily ever after?
This is enough to get me to watch. Which season of which spinoff are we talking about?!?!

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
had to google it. season 7.

90-Day-Fiance-Michael-Jessen-and-Juliana-Custodio-Update-Spoilers.jpg

5719-o.jpg
Ah, yes, Julianna. The "totally innocent girl" who used a credit card he sent her to buy a car and give it to her sister weeks before moving to the US.

The show played the sympathy angle up for her so hard despite her intentions being clear to anyone who could see through it.

During a quarantine episode, she was seen barking orders and putting signs up all over the house about who was allowed to go in certain rooms and stuff. The "poor innocent girl" made it her house within months of getting here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, yes, Julianna. The "totally innocent girl" who used a credit card he sent her to buy a car and give it to her sister weeks before moving to the US.

The show played the sympathy angle up for her so hard despite her intentions being clear to anyone who could see through it.

During a quarantine episode, she was seen barking orders and putting signs up all over the house about who was allowed to go in certain rooms and stuff. The "poor innocent girl" made it her house within months of getting here.
but they said she had a heart of gold

This show should get an Oscar for putting together the most non compatible people together. BTW I only watch highlights on YT but as far as I could see, some people show up again but with different partners? I thought if you had cameras stuck down your ass 24/7 you would know to call it quits just for the sake of having a relationship but I guess they must be paid good to keep returning to the show.

Grinchy

Banned
This show should get an Oscar for putting together the most non compatible people together. BTW I only watch highlights on YT but as far as I could see, some people show up again but with different partners? I thought if you had cameras stuck down your ass 24/7 you would know to call it quits just for the sake of having a relationship but I guess they must be paid good to keep returning to the show.
Some of them (a lot of them) just want to be reality stars. The show's production feeds their dumb life goals. They will tell the people things like, "You guys could be the 'it' couple and maybe even get your own spinoff! Keep being crazy!"

Or they take someone like Darcey and her twin sister Stacey and feed their false grandeur-filled brains with similar promises. Some people just want to have more instagram followers, be able to promote OnlyFans accounts, premium snap chats, do cameos, ect. So they will come on the show and play up their fake storylines to make it happen.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Been watching Happily Ever After and I feel so sorry for Asuelu. I mean obviously he's not terribly bright, and he has some funny ideas about being head of the household while not really having the skills to be able to bring money in to do that, but he's just so fucked. His family are awful, the type that exists a lot in 3rd world countries (in Thailand for instance the families in Isaan send the daughters to Bangkok to marry a foreigner and send money back to them so they never have to work), quite plainly he can't send what he doesn't have, but the bigger issue is that with them being insane it means there's nobody on his team.

Kalani is horrific - an absolute nightmare. She has that American tendency to talk in therapy-speak and never takes account of the fact that he's from Samoa and simply doesn't think that way. She also seems to be a bit of a man-hater (and I suspect that comes from her mum) - I get the feeling that she wants a man to be subservient to her but hasn't figured out that any such man won't be able to provide for her and doesn't understand why that's unsatisfying, all while her family is happy to fund her lifestyle so she never has to grow up and realise the folly of her choices. Further, with her family never calling out her bullshit, this poor Samoan who barely speaks English takes a constant battering from her and her family, humiliating him at every step, never allowing him even the tiniest sniff of victory. You can see he's dead inside, knows there's no way out, knowing he'll never be right, he'll never win, and he'll never get to be a man.

Grinchy

Banned
Been watching Happily Ever After and I feel so sorry for Asuelu. I mean obviously he's not terribly bright, and he has some funny ideas about being head of the household while not really having the skills to be able to bring money in to do that, but he's just so fucked. His family are awful, the type that exists a lot in 3rd world countries (in Thailand for instance the families in Isaan send the daughters to Bangkok to marry a foreigner and send money back to them so they never have to work), quite plainly he can't send what he doesn't have, but the bigger issue is that with them being insane it means there's nobody on his team.

Kalani is horrific - an absolute nightmare. She has that American tendency to talk in therapy-speak and never takes account of the fact that he's from Samoa and simply doesn't think that way. She also seems to be a bit of a man-hater (and I suspect that comes from her mum) - I get the feeling that she wants a man to be subservient to her but hasn't figured out that any such man won't be able to provide for her and doesn't understand why that's unsatisfying, all while her family is happy to fund her lifestyle so she never has to grow up and realise the folly of her choices. Further, with her family never calling out her bullshit, this poor Samoan who barely speaks English takes a constant battering from her and her family, humiliating him at every step, never allowing him even the tiniest sniff of victory. You can see he's dead inside, knows there's no way out, knowing he'll never be right, he'll never win, and he'll never get to be a man.
That summed it up pretty well. I feel for him as well. He's a giant 12 year old boy who sounds mentally handicapped when he speaks English, and Kalani somehow expects him to be CEO somewhere overnight. She chose this idiot to have children with and now puts it all on him when there's a problem, like he was the one who chose to have the kids. I've seen her in previous interviews blaming him for "not liking condoms" and I just roll my eyes.

Big Miss Empowered only had kids because the man fucking her doesn't like condoms? Really? The guy has plenty of his own problems and could wise up in some areas, but it's so frustrating to see how often he's blamed for things that she shares equal blame for. And he has her mom, her dad, and her siblings all barking at him that she's right. The only people he can turn to are his own horrendous family that has children like cattle for sale and the few friends he can play Volleyball with. But, as we all know, playing Volleyball is a 100% chance of getting covid and killing your children! What a situation for the poor idiot.

Grinchy

Banned
It's pretty brutal to see Sumit's parents blame him for the divorce from an arranged marriage that was against his will in the first place. It's also interesting looking at the parallels between his Indian culture and the Muslim culture from Yazan. They make massive life choices based solely on what their peers will think of them.

'You can't make a choice that will give you happiness in life! What would our neighbors think!?"

Way too many of the storylines are boring the shit out of me, though. The "MayLisa, I cheated on you and have to individually explain it to every person in your life!" storyline is so fucking annoying already.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty brutal to see Sumit's parents blame him for the divorce from an arranged marriage that was against his will in the first place. It's also interesting looking at the parallels between his Indian culture and the Muslim culture from Yazan. They make massive life choices based solely on what their peers will think of them.

'You can't make a choice that will give you happiness in life! What would our neighbors think!?"

Way too many of the storylines are boring the shit out of me, though. The "MayLisa, I cheated on you and have to individually explain it to every person in your life!" storyline is so fucking annoying already.
Is that the one so really enjoys making his life miserable? Like pulling the legs off a spider level of psychopathy? We fast forward that shit now. Hot but not worth it.

Grinchy

Banned
Is that the one so really enjoys making his life miserable? Like pulling the legs off a spider level of psychopathy? We fast forward that shit now. Hot but not worth it.
Probably, she's quite awful.

I kinda don't think he actually plans to keep living there, though. He supposedly moved his whole life down to be with her but didn't even quit his job. It feels like a really forced show thing. Like maybe they were done but had just heard back from TLC that they could be on the show, so they are just doing it for the cash or something.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Probably, she's quite awful.

I kinda don't think he actually plans to keep living there, though. He supposedly moved his whole life down to be with her but didn't even quit his job. It feels like a really forced show thing. Like maybe they were done but had just heard back from TLC that they could be on the show, so they are just doing it for the cash or something.

Tbh I think keeping his job was sensible given his chances of getting anywhere with the mad cow were minimal - she seemed to actively hate him. I’d have cut my losses well before that point. You could be right though about the show - some of them do seem to keep dragging shit out and obviously like any modern ‘reality’ show it’s fake as fuck.

Top Bottom