• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80% of Cyberpunk 2077 digital sales are on PC

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Cyberpunk 2077 had the biggest game launch of all time based on digital revenue and digital units sold (10.2M)*. A successful marketing campaign and the reputation of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt provided the hype necessary for the CD Projekt Red title to break records despite issues including performance problems on consoles, widespread glitches and the indefinite removal of the game from the PlayStation Store. An extremely high share of digital sales (80%) were on PC, likely due to the delisting on PlayStation and overall state of the console versions. Regardless of the short-term financial success, the critical backlash means the developer will now have to invest significant resources fixing the game in order to rehabilitate its image before the launch of its next title.
No surprise, since it was about 60% for digital pre-order. The console version flopped, the good reviews on PC console makers issuing refund, and taking the game offline means people are buying the game on PC instead, pushing it from 60% to 80%.

Roni

Gold Member
I have yet to meet someone IRL who buys physical PC games. I assume PC must be mostly digital anyway these days.

Woggleman

That is the best way to play it. Last gen consoles are terrible and very few people can get their hands on a new gen one. As new gen consoles become more available and we see improvements to the game I think the sales will balance out.

Hezekiah

Banned
Duh... PC will ALWAYS be the best way to play a game.

It's the more expensive though...
Definitely FPS and strategy games. Racing and sports gamers I don't really play any more, but I think they suit console gaming more and is where I'm would but them.

You can only buy the digital console version on Xbox, which is a small fraction of the console market. 100% of the PC market is digital, 100% of the PS4/PS5 market for this game right now is physical.

CitizenZ

Banned
Definitely FPS and strategy games. Racing and sports gamers I don't really play any more, but I think they suit console gaming more and is where I'm would but them.

This made me think of that moment when the greatest Stand up of all time said, " As soon as I put this hot poker in my ass, Im going chop my dick off!. First one ever to say that. First one ever., no one ever thought to say that before tonight. First one!."

Top Bottom