• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

40+ screenshots/arts from Xbox 360 title Chrome Hounds

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Hi all,

Got my grubby paws on more then 40 screenshost and conceptarts from the upcoming Xbox 360 mechtitle from From Software and Sega;

game_679.gif

Check out these beauuuuuuuuutifull shots, hot damn...

34230.jpg

34229.jpg

34221.jpg

34225.jpg

34220.jpg

Check all of them out here:

http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/7278/

What do you think? Me, i'm pretty darn excited. Looks great, and hopefully it will get more support, and will be a little easier to play then Steel Battalion.

trmas

Banned
Looks better than just about any of the launch games we've seen so far with the exception of Oblivion and PGR3. Needs more going on in the background though.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
dorio said:
Wow, I have to see that in motion.
If I understood correctly it won't be playable at the TGS, but there will be some demos. I'll try to film that but usually it's tough.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Blimblim said:
If I understood correctly it won't be playable at the TGS, but there will be some demos. I'll try to film that but usually it's tough.
Hope you can get something. Good luck :D

trmas

Banned
[sarcasm] Oh. If it's not playable it must be CGI. Crappy CGI in comparison to the first shots, but CGI nonetheless [/sarcasm]

Really, it looks good.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
xexex said:
it looks pretty decent.

here's some of the old CG pics for comparison

screen_1.jpg
screen_2.jpg
screen_4.jpg

pretty sure that wasnt cg. like 99% sure.

op_ivy

Redbeard said:
Sega made sure everyone knew it was realtime.

what he said. all the confirmed 360 games from that demo were said time and time again to be running in real time. that, and it looked basically just like these screen shots in motion.

hell you can eve see a bit of jaggies on the building in the background of this pic
screen_1.jpg

trmas

Banned
Yes, but did they stop it? Did they change the camera angle? Sounds like CGI to me. At least if you want to call the PS3 games CGI...

op_ivy

trmas said:
Yes, but did they stop it? Did they change the camera angle? Sounds like CGI to me. At least if you want to call the PS3 games CGI...

ok, then fullauto and condemed were also cg in this booth. eh, whatever.

xexex

Banned
Sega never said Chrome Hounds was realtime--they only said their own games (Virtua Fighter, AfterBurner, HOTD4, Sonic) were realtime.

unless Im mistaken.

op_ivy said:
ok, then fullauto and condemed were also cg in this booth. eh, whatever.

those were both realtime at E3

Zeo

Banned
Looks alright.

It's safe to say screenshots are pretty worthless now though. Things look so much better in motion now more than ever.

Ponn

Banned
Phantomcrash3fondos.jpg

Made by the same people?

edit: nevermind, see Chrome hounds is Sega, look very similar to me though.

op_ivy

no, thats genki. EDIT: and chrome hounds is actually from software, published by sega. phantom crash definitely wasnt striving for the same level of realism that chrome hounds appears to be going for. a better comparision would be wth steel battalion, at least visually. i have no idea how the game plays

and EVERYTHING shown at the sega e3 demo booth was real time, regardless of if they manipulated the demo (which, by the way, sonic was the only one that was manipulated during the demo).

i was making the comment that condemed and full auto must have been cg as well if that guy says chrome hounds was because no one manipulated the action in real time.

BuG

I've never played Phantom Crash, what's the deal with the cat on the HUD?

Also, regarding Chrome Hounds, is this a launch title and playable over Xbox Live?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
IMO it doesn't really matter if the E3 Chrome Hounds video was CG or not because the current (realtime) stuff looks AT LEAST as good, if not better, in my eyes (unlike Madden 360)...

Kleegamefan said:
IMO it doesn't really matter if the E3 Chrome Hounds video was CG or not because the current (realtime) stuff looks AT LEAST as good, if not better, in my eyes (unlike Madden 360)...

teh lady during the presentation kept saying it was real time on 360.

Top Bottom