• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1899 Cancelled

K' Dash

if the show wrapped up the season nicely why can't people just enjoy the one season and leave it like that?

Buggy Loop

It's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy now with Netflix. Peoples don't start to watch a season in fear of cancellation of season 2 and wasting their time, and netflix sees low viewership and cancels the show after 1 season.

I think i'll just cancel my sub, fuck this shit.

Teletraan1

Banned
The show was mid as can be. One season was more than enough. If cancelling shows and being left with no closure is a negative for you don't bother watching anything on netflix that isn't at least 3 seasons.

It's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy now with Netflix. Peoples don't start to watch a season in fear of cancellation of season 2 and wasting their time, and netflix sees low viewership and cancels the show after 1 season.

I think i'll just cancel my sub, fuck this shit.
It doesn’t help that the show was bad.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I've watched about seven episodes and have largely enjoyed it. Now that I know it's a cliffhanger ending with no resolution, I probably won't finish it. Good job Netflix. Produce crap. Cancel good things. Charge for 4k.

jason10mm

Gold Member
But it didn't. It ends in a cliffhanger.
Even the cliffhanger wouldn't have been so bad if ANY of the subplots and character beats were resolved. They could have transitioned the show into an entirely different genre but noooooo.

I gotta think viewership must have dropped off like a rock after 2-3 eps for them to cancel the show so quickly. Or season 2 was gonna be crazy expensive. DARK was a huge feather for Netflix, surprised they cut bait so soon. Is that Tribes of Europa show getting a season 2? That had a lot of Dark people involved as well IIRC. Maybe Germany stopped footing a lot of the bill?

Xenon

I liked Dark but only watched it because I knew it was finished. Sad to hear that this has been canceled. Apparently it's a mega hit or nothing for Netflix. They almost seem like a degenerate gambler who's just searching for a jackpot instead of grinding it out like a professional one.

This is why I usually wait until a series is over. It's not about making an interesting show to me as much as sticking the landing.
You have to look at Netflix like how anime studios treat manga properties. Most shows are 1-2 seasons as a manga advertisement. Even if it’s unintentional, it feels like Netflix does nearly the same with book adaptations.

Just write down what you’ve enjoyed and try to find the book it was based on for something that 9 times out of 10 will be written way better than the show anyway.

KrakenIPA

if the show wrapped up the season nicely why can't people just enjoy the one season and leave it like that?
I am reading that they did the classic cliffhanger move teasing Season 2. I can't fault the studio or direction in trying to write themselves a season 2, but I can fault those that pull the rug out as a reaction to low viewership.

i-have-to-go-now-i-have-to-go-now-my-planet-needs-me.gif

Top Bottom