• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“PS5 Upgrade Available” Label to Appear on PS4 Games

thelastword

Banned
PS4-PRO saw many updates from PS4 games......Even PS4 got some free games transferred from PS3, like if you already owned Flower, FLow, Sound Shapes, Escape Plan etc...You could easily play it on PS4 with enhancements...

In just the same way, many devs are going to offer updates to their games on PS5. I think Sony stipulated that all games submitted from July 13th for certification must have a PS5 copy. Some devs may offer the patch for free....Like this one..

WCCFimmortalsfenyxrising2.jpg

Agent X

I think Sony stipulated that all games submitted from July 13th for certification must have a PS5 copy.

My understanding is that PS4 games submitted from that date onward must be playable on PS5 (i.e. publishers can't deny compatibility in order to "persuade" you to buy a separate PS5 version). It does necessarily mean that they will be upgraded into a distinct PS5 version of the game.

thelastword

Banned
Thing is I keep hearing, this is something that only one manufacturer is doing or pushing, when Sony has always done that......I think many people forget that there were many Crossbuy games between Vita and PS3 and even some on PS3 to PS4......It's nothing new, yet when Sony said most devs will decide, it's the best decision there, you can't force a developer to release his content for free. You can persuade him, that if he shows some goodwill to his customers, that can be extended in how the customers view the developer, support the developer in the future........

Some games can't even sell 5 copies on steam, a place with millions upon millions of PC gamers. If your game is good enough and looks good already, which Immortals does. Providing a free upgrade to PS5 owners, which is in essence the next big console platform is the best marketing for a dev for next gen.........Show your game in full 4K 60fps glory with 3D audio and Haptic Feedback...

CrysisFreak

Banned
Thing is I keep hearing, this is something that only one manufacturer is doing or pushing, when Sony has always done that......I think many people forget that there were many Crossbuy games between Vita and PS3 and even some on PS3 to PS4......It's nothing new, yet when Sony said most devs will decide, it's the best decision there, you can't force a developer to release his content for free. You can persuade him, that if he shows some goodwill to his customers, that can be extended in how the customers view the developer, support the developer in the future........

Some games can't even sell 5 copies on steam, a place with millions upon millions of PC gamers. If your game is good enough and looks good already, which Immortals does. Providing a free upgrade to PS5 owners, which is in essence the next big console platform is the best marketing for a dev for next gen.........Show your game in full 4K 60fps glory with 3D audio and Haptic Feedback...
All the discussions about cross-gen upgrading were a massive waste of time fueled by the delusion of some people who thought Sony that super-evil coroporation prevents that from happening in literally any capacity whatsoever, which is not in line with what they did in the past and is also not in line with the way they operate really. It's all a no-brainer, but oh well I guess at least people "talked" to each other.

Top Bottom