• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mind Games |OT| USA Show in Disguise - Tuesdays at 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
35813.jpg

Show is on Tuesdays at 10/9c on ABC.

Show Description

Shamelessly Stolen from Wikipedia said:
With a little bit of science, a dash of con artistry, plus a smattering of Jedi mind tricks — brothers Ross (Christian Slater) and Clark Edwards (Steve Zahn) can tailor a plan to influence any life-altering situation, thereby making their clients’ dreams come true and their nightmares go away. They are partners in The Edwards Agency, an unusual business based on the belief that people’s decisions are influenced by their environment in ways they’re not aware. Clark is a former university professor and world-renowned expert in the fields of human behavior, psychology and motivation. But Clark has mood swings which are a result of him not taking his meds for a bipolar condition, sometimes resulting in quirky, manic episodes. Older brother Ross, a brilliant schemer recently out of prison after a two-year stint for fraud, has come up with the business model that he believes can make him and his team millions of dollars. Although his energy is infectious, his tactics can be questionable and his strategies border on the illegal. Now, if he can just avoid letting his manic brother go off the rails...

Cast
Steve Zahn as Clark Edwards
Christian Slater as Ross Edwards
Megalyn Echikunwoke as Megan Shane
Gregory Marcel as Miles Hood
Jaime Ray Newman as Samantha "Sam" Gordon
Cedric Sanders as Latrell Griffin

Media/Trailers
Trailer #1
Trailer #2

Looking forward to this. I just hope for Kyle's sake it will last more than a season
Still sad about Awake though :(

TripOpt55

Very unimpressed with the pilot. I'll keep watching for a bit because I enjoyed Killen's other shows however short they lasted, but I do not have high hopes for this one.

I liked the pilot well enough. It was alright. I really like the premise though so I'll keep watching because I feel like this show has got potential.

ganon

It's pretty bland, and I can't find anything that I like about it either.. I don't think I'm gonna watch anymore :/

maxcriden

Oh gosh, I…I promised myself I wasn't going to cry.

This show is clearly headed to be Killen's third axed original, cable quality show on a major network. I think he could end up at the CW doing a terrific serialized show there, though. This show is good and has only been getting better and better. I thought the pilot had some tonal irregularities but it grabbed me and it's been steadily improving with every episode. Each case of the week has been compelling and unusual, and the characters are well drawn. The actors really pull off each arched eyebrow and intense moment. It's been dramatic but not heavy and funny at times without feeling too light or inconsequential at all. The serialization integrated with the weekly cases has been surprisingly well balanced for a show that's only had a few eps so far. I'm really digging this quite a bit, feeling pretty darn invested in it already, and just hoping we can get at least a full 13 episode season somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom