• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifune

Mehmber
I watched all four seasons over the last month. Finished Season 4 about a week ago and I'm still struggling to find another show to fill that void: something fun, binge-able, but smart.

Hope we hear something about Season 5 very soon.

Do you think keeping the show off Netflix for so long hurt it's chance of gaining more of a following?

I was interested in the show but never enough to buy previous seasons out of the blue to catch up. But after watching it all on Netflix last year, and S4 last month, I will definitely check S5 when it airs.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There's a chance. But then again, I'm seeing so many new people watching it that I'm not even mad.

NeOak

not-like-this.gif

Patryn

Either she dies and the show continue, or the show is dead.

I'll settle for the first option, thanks.

Didn't she technically leave the show last season, and she's doing the new season on a separate contract?

Even if not, actors on bubble shows often take pilots on what's known as "second position" where it's understood that if their primary show is picked up, they leave the pilot. It's an extremely common practice.

Regardless, PoI was effectively cancelled when it was only brought back for 13, double cancelled when it wasn't on the fall schedule, and super duper triple cancelled when it wasn't on the spring schedule. At this point it's clear that CBS is just going to burn it off at some point close to the summer. I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up on Fridays or Saturdays, possibly with double episode nights to burn it off that much quicker.

Yes, there's a possibility that Netflix or someone else could pick it up, but that's always the longest of long shots.

I only started watching this last month. I binge watched it on Netflix whilst I was off sick, sometimes watching half a season in a day.

I was gutted to hear that season 5 will be the last (probably). The wait for it is agonising and it doesn't sound like it'll be back any time soon. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be if you've been waiting 10 months.

Didn't she technically leave the show last season, and she's doing the new season on a separate contract?

Even if not, actors on bubble shows often take pilots on what's known as "second position" where it's understood that if their primary show is picked up, they leave the pilot. It's an extremely common practice.

Regardless, PoI was effectively cancelled when it was only brought back for 13, double cancelled when it wasn't on the fall schedule, and super duper triple cancelled when it wasn't on the spring schedule. At this point it's clear that CBS is just going to burn it off at some point close to the summer. I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up on Fridays or Saturdays, possibly with double episode nights to burn it off that much quicker.

Yes, there's a possibility that Netflix or someone else could pick it up, but that's always the longest of long shots.

I refuse to believe!

Extremely common, but unfortunately not in this case where Nancy Drew is first position.

But like you say, we've known for a while that the show is done. All that's left is the denial.

I'm just barely into season 3, and really enjoying this. That said, I can being okay with only 5 seasons. Seems like a lot of shows can't keep up the quality even into 4 or 5 seasons, so better to go out on a high note.

Sober

Honestly the 6/7 season plan seems a little overambitious. Especially considering the news coming out of Westworld.

wait, this will be the last season? I guess I'm fine with that. I felt a certain....sense of it's running out of creative steam. Season 5 is going to be bonkers, and it'll give them the ability to do whatever they want without holding back for future stuff. Really looking forward to this season.

NeOak

I'm just barely into season 3, and really enjoying this. That said, I can being okay with only 5 seasons. Seems like a lot of shows can't keep up the quality even into 4 or 5 seasons, so better to go out on a high note.

Hahahahaha, wait and you will see. Season 3 does not disappoint, and 4 is pure OMFG.

Come back when you're ready to eat crow after watching S4.

WHY ISN'T SEASON 5 STILL NOT AIRING, WHAT THE FUCK, CBS, MAKE IT A MEGA EVENT YOU SONS OF BITCHES

This. THIS!

exYle

Hahahahaha, wait and you will see. Season 3 does not disappoint, and 4 is pure OMFG.

Come back when you're ready to eat crow after watching S4.

This. THIS!

I like S4, but it is not pure OMFG. Things take a pretty steep nosedive after If-Then-Else.

exYle

Having to write around a pregnancy will do that.

I think the overarching issue was having an omniscient baddy with a large opposing force, but still having to stick to case of the week procedural-format episodes. It was clever how they managed to work things back into that format after the catastrophic ending of S3, but the tension of Samaritan was really lost without a pure serial format.

News Bot

Banned
I think the overarching issue was having an omniscient baddy with a large opposing force, but still having to stick to case of the week procedural-format episodes. It was clever how they managed to work things back into that format after the catastrophic ending of S3, but the tension of Samaritan was really lost without a pure serial format.

Yeah, I agree. The Brotherhood was also exceptionally weak in terms of characterization etc compared to Vigilance.

Mifune

Mehmber
S4 up until MIA is by far my favorite season. It certainly ramps down after that and doesn't spend enough time ratcheting things up for the end of the season. But then Terra Incognita is a Top 10 episode.

So overall I'd put S4 about even with S3. Higher highs but not as consistently propulsive.

Damn though a shortened S5 could be special.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly the 6/7 season plan seems a little overambitious. Especially considering the news coming out of Westworld.
Yeah, I was thinking about this. Had no idea Jonathan Nolan was a bit hard to work with, at least on the Westworld project.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I will say that the little throwaway Root-Fusco moment is the first thing in the show to really clinch the fact that the Machine is a person for me. Wouldn't have been there if the Machine didn't have a personality, IMO.

Kayleena

Neo Member
Hi there!

I have been lurking a huge amount of time here and really enjoyed all of your posts. Today I got my account approved and I can't wait to talk to you about PoI!

This is on of my favourites shows of all time and I am totally eager to finally see Season 5. I hope we get it in near future.

I saw the series on Blu-Ray first and was already hooked with the pilot and watched it all in a few days. It's a shame that it haven't the popularity of some other series. Most people from Germany never heard of it... But I am very happy that it exist and there are already many episodes.

I am very excited for the discussions with you when the new episodes are coming!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I've been rewatching scenes from the series on YouTube, and turns out this is 5 months old.

FIVE. MONTHS. NO INFO. NO RELEASE DATE. WHY.

God dammit.

Laekon

Just finished this on Netflix last night and really enjoyed it. It did start to go a little to far into cliche territory with the untouchable agents on both sides. 6 no name guys can be shot while behind cover but the named Samaritan agent can't get shot while standing in the open?

The fact that season five hasn't started yet is exactly why I won't ever get a cable subscription again. Though I guess I am missing out on 3 version of NCIS and 2 of Criminal Minds on CBS. Not sure how I can pass up that much "original content".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom