• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30 Rock Season Seven |OT| These were the best days of my flerm

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
zlzVA.jpg

THE FINAL SEASON!
Thursdays at 8:00pm on NBC

The seventh and final season will consist of 13 episodes, with an hour-long finale.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Beginning of the End" | S7E1 | 10/4/12
Liz is shocked by the poor quality of the programming Jack has planned for fall; Jenna asks Liz to be her bridesmaid; Hazel and Kenneth invite Tracy to a dinner party.

"Governor Dunston" | S7E2 | 10/11/12
Jack and Liz butt heads over political satire on the show; Liz tries to spice up her love life; Jenna learns that Kenneth's mother and her boyfriend still buy music.

"Stride of Pride" | S7E3 | 10/18/12
Liz has her hands full as she tries to protect Jenna from bad press and prove to Tracy that women are funny; Jack experiments with an unconventional dating strategy.

"Unwindulax" | S7E4 | 10/25/12
Liz and Jack compete to influence voters in the presidential election; the writers mess with Jenna as she struggles to appease her new fan base.

"There's No I in America" | S7E5 | 10/31/12
Recognizing Jenna's political influence, Liz and Jack stage a debate to win her followers; Kenneth looks to Tracy for voting advice; Pete tries to recreate the magic of the last election.

"Aunt Phatso vs. Jack Donaghy" | S7E6 | 11/15/12
When Tracy portrays Jack as a villian in a movie, Jack and Tracy engage in a battle of wits; Liz takes Jack's advice and puts her needs above those of the show; Jenna tries to protect Kenneth from Hazel's manipulation.

"Mazel Tov, Dummies!" | S7E7 | 11/29/12
An encounter with Dennis spurs Liz and Criss to step up their efforts to start a family; Jack and Jenna reflect on their self-worth; Tracy gets an upsetting medical diagnosis.

"My Whole Life Is Thunder" | S7E8 | 12/6/12
Jenna's envy pushes Liz over the edge; Jack forms a plan to avoid disappointing his mother; Tracy tries to cheer up Kenneth.

"Game Over" | S7E9 | 1/10/13
Jack asks Devin Banks (Will Arnett) to help him discredit Kaylie Hooper (Chloë Moretz), Jack's teenage nemesis and KableTown's future CEO; Liz considers her options as she tries to become a mother; Tracy directs Octavia Spencer in his movie.

"Florida" | S7E10 | 1/17/13
When Jack persuades Liz to go to Florida with him, they make a shocking discovery about his mother; Jenna and Tracy assume responsibility for the show in Liz's absence, resulting in disaster for Kenneth.

"A Goon's Deed in a Weary World" | S7E11 | 1/24/13
Criss and Liz receive unexpected news; Liz tries to rally the staff and save TGS from cancellation; Kenneth interferes as Jack tries to select the new president of NBC.

"Hogcock!; Last Lunch" | S7E12/13 | 1/31/13
As Jack takes stock of his life, Liz struggles with her new role as a stay-at-home mother; Kenneth settles into his new job; the cast and crew come together for one last episode of TGS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Premiere-ish stuff

Tina Fey On '30 Rock' Ending, Guest Stars, 'Honey Boo Boo' And More (10/3/12)
A Baby! A Monkey! A Sexual Breakthrough! 10 Spoilers for 30 Rock's Final Season (10/3/12)
Jack McBrayer: ‘30 Rock’ season 7 ‘feels like senior year’ (10/3/12)
'30 Rock' Season 7 Premiere: Cast On What They'll Miss And Take From Set After Series Finale (10/4/12)
Alec Baldwin says he offered to cut his salary for more '30 Rock' (10/4/12)
30 memorable '30 Rock' moments (10/4/12)
'30 Rock' survives and should endure (10/4/12)

Retrospective stuff (credit to Cornballer)

NY Mag: Matt Zoller Seitz on the Lasting Limberness of 30 Rock
NY Mag: The Ten Best 30 Rock Episodes Ever
Sepinwall: Celebrating seven seasons of '30 Rock'... We're glad we went to there
NYT: Tina Fey Signs Off, Broken Barriers Behind Her
NY Mag: Leap Day William, Lizzing, Mind Grapes, and More: An Updated 30 Rock Glossary
Buzzfeed: Behind The Scenes At The Final Days Of “30 Rock”
Emily Nussbaum for The New Yorker: “30 Rock”: I Love This Dirty Sitcom
NY Mag: Nine More Classic 30 Rock Jokes, Retold As Infographics
NY Mag: The 10 Best, Most Obscure 30 Rock Characters
NY Mag: Watch a Supercut of Exasperated Liz Lemon’s Best ‘Blergs,’ ‘Nerds,’ and ‘Jags’
Grantland: '30 Rock,' race, and identity politics
NY Mag: From ‘Gaybraham Lincoln’ to ‘Barack A-Llama’: An Updated List of Every TGS Sketch or Pitch on 30 Rock
Deadline: How Tina Fey’s ’30 Rock’ Lasted Seven Seasons And Changed The Game For Female Comedy Creators

...and yes, this is real:

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'll try to update the thread periodically so it's not so bland, but I really just threw this together as I was surprised that there wasn't one yet.

First episode just wrapped up — it was pretty good! Felt a little bet less kooky than many of last season's episodes, which I liked.

This new season has a lot of potential. Trying to tank NBC can bring a lot of much needed variety to the show.

I'm excited.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Better end with Kenneth running the network.

Finally something funny on NBC Thursdays.

It was so nice to have the show back. Homonyms fucking killed me. It seemed like they were even meaner than usual to NBC, which I couldn't be happier about.

I would watch Homonyms. Liz's face when a green top is placed near it was phenomenal.

In an article on Huffpo it was revealed that Alec offered to take a pay cut if they'd make this a full season and have one more after. For a guy that always seemed to want out, he appears to be having the hardest time letting go. His is truly an iconic TV character. I'm going to miss this show when it's gone.

big ander

some of this is still flat-out not working (schaal's character) but this was a damn good premiere otherwise. guess they're really going to go out burning nbc in every way they can think. I'm seeing a "happy" finale where liz gets a kid with chris, continues to do well as nbc, and kenneth takes over while jack leaves.

PK Gaming

Awesome season premier. 30 Rock proving that it still "has it."

Some of my highlights:
-God Cop
“Let us pray"
"To whom?!”

-Kenneth / Hazel dinner date with Tracy

-Liz realizing that Jack is purposely tanking NBC

-Jenna's character in general

-"There's nothing worse than a surprise Lemon Party"

-Distinct lack of Pete. (I'm mostly joking... seriously where is he? The last time he appeared was in the "nothing left to lose" episode.

some of this is still flat-out not working (schaal's character) but this was a damn good premiere otherwise. guess they're really going to go out burning nbc in every way they can think. I'm seeing a "happy" finale where liz gets a kid with chris, continues to do well as nbc, and kenneth takes over while jack leaves.

My thoughts exactly. Hazel just never really worked and it's killing a third of the show, but they really hit the ground running otherwise. You could feel the energy in the plot likely due to them having limited episodes, as opposed to last year's premiere which was REALLY disjointed and "off".

Lots of good lines this episode too.

"This explains everything! How long has this been going on, seven years? Eight??"
"Six weeks."

"I'm like the black Tyler Perry."

"You know I can't wear green! The lady at the Clinique counter told me I have witch undertones!"

"THERE'S NO CAKE?!"

Eidan

It's so sad to see 30 Rock coming to an end. After Lost ended, 30 Rock was the only show on television that could honestly say I loved.

Ceebs

Witch Undertones killed me.

Very good episode.

Also:

"So much White"

The tiny little sodas dig

"No, I bought them at the dead dove store. Grow up Liz"

Mxrz

I barely remember last season. It sucks this will be the last one. There was a lot of stuff I wanted to see happen. 13 (12) episodes doesn't seem like much.

But Kenneth must become the boss.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I can't stand Kristen Schaal. She often would ruin funny skits on The Daily Show, and now has way too much screentime on 30 Rock. Even Tracy Morgan can't save scenes with her in them.

oh this started?!

Awesome!

Apparently not a lot of people knew it started, or cared that it did. The ratings for the premiere were dismal. 24 percent lower than Community's poorly rated season premiere in the same spot last season. Also down from 30 Rocks own premiere last season. NBC has some of the best worst rated shows on TV.

Apparently not a lot of people knew it started, or cared that it did. The ratings for the premiere were dismal. 24 percent lower than Community's poorly rated season premiere in the same spot last season. Also down from 30 Rocks own premiere last season. NBC has some of the best worst rated shows on TV.

Sucks so hard, but at least they're going out on their own terms, so who cares, I guess.

To be honest, a talented cast and crew with nothing to lose, and endgame in mind, and no one watching is an exciting combination!

Where was Grizz and Dot Com? They're still on the show, right?

They have to use recurring characters sparingly as they basically can't afford them.

Fun depressing fact: They were forced to make a Queen Of Jordan episode last season because it was as cheap to produce as an actual reality show. :/

Messi

I can't stand Kristen Schaal. She often would ruin funny skits on The Daily Show, and now has way too much screentime on 30 Rock. Even Tracy Morgan can't save scenes with her in them.

YOU LEAVE HER ALONE!

She is the best person in Bobs Burgers.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Agreed. Something about the way she looks and sounds just grates me.

Quick

Banned
I'm fascinated by Kristen Schaal's boobs. There, I said it.

That said, I'm not overly fond of Hazel.

Didn't know it was coming back so early this year. Nothing beats surprise 30 Rock showing up on your DVR. Good episode too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I remember reading threads last year and everyone was raving about how hilarious she is and how the character is awesome. I couldn't help but feel like I was missing something, because she's by a wide margin the worst thing about the show right now. She's incredibly annoying, and not in a funny way.

big ander

Schaal herself is very funny. I only kinda like her on Daily Show but her voice work (especially in Gravity Falls) is great and her stand-up is very good. It's just this Hazel character.

beat

Didn't know it was coming back so early this year. Nothing beats surprise 30 Rock showing up on your DVR. Good episode too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I remember reading threads last year and everyone was raving about how hilarious she is and how the character is awesome. I couldn't help but feel like I was missing something, because she's by a wide margin the worst thing about the show right now. She's incredibly annoying, and not in a funny way.

She delivered that amazing run of jokes last season:
"Tonight's the night, Hazel. I do my surprise cameo, it goes viral, I take medicine for it. Next stop: Hollywood... Florida to get the car from my mom. Next stop: California... Pizza Kitchen to tell my old boss Nadine to suck it. Next stop: Tinseltown... because Christmas decorations are really cheap this time of year."

As a fan of Kristen Schaal's other work, it pains me to admit how much I dislike Hazel. She's too random and amped up, even for a psychopath. I wish the character was more in line with her role on Flight of the Conchords.

ivysaur12

Banned
As a fan of Kristen Schaal's other work, it pains me to admit how much I dislike Hazel. She's too random and amped up, even for a psychopath. I wish the character was more in line with her role on Flight of the Conchords.

I agree, though turning her into straight up villain might mitigate (some) of my issues with her.

TripOpt55

I liked the premiere except for Hazel. My favorite line was probably "I'm like the black Tyler Perry" (or whatever it was... I tend to butcher these jokes). Also I like the idea of tanking NBC. Should be a fun season.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Schaal is great in Flight of the Concords. But she is very annoying in this.

I've noticed that she's been annoying in most everything she's been in since Flight of the Concords (excluding the daily show of course). Doesn't help that she keeps getting typecasted as annoying crazy lady.

vatstep

The VP debate will be pre-empting most NBC programming tonight, but there's still a new 30 Rock! Bryan Cranston and Catherine O'Hara are guest stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom