• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How I Met Your Mother Season 8 |OT| Finish your goddamn story, Ted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

h8C6l.jpg

(banner by Jocchan)
Hey, HIMYM is coming back. Tomorrow, monday september 24 at 8/7c. People are going to be in relationships and then not be in relationships and Ted will cry about it either way while Robin and Barney do...something. and lily and marshall will talk about marriage stuff.
This might be the last season, but it also might not be the last season and it also might not even be the second-to-last season. This show may never, ever end.

Please end.

Tuck

Spoilering just in case...

Was not happy at all when they showed that
Robin will marry Barney. It makes no sense! They already tried a relationship and it ended badly. Quinn seems like the perfect match for Barney. Why build it up their relationship just to tear it down for a shittier one?

Besides that, I still enjoy the show. Still funny, so i will keep watching. I just hope they don't screw it up.

big ander

Was not happy at all when they showed that Robin will marry Barney. It makes no sense! They already tried a relationship and it ended badly. Quinn seems like the perfect match for Barney. Why build it up their relationship just to tear it down for a shittier one?

Besides that, I still enjoy the show. Still funny, so i will keep watching. I just hope they don't screw it up.
It doesn't make any sense given how they ended Barney/Robin the first time, but their relationship the first time was so short. And I think that's because they realized they wanted them to be together at the end. Still, they screwed it up so now it'll be less meaningful, but I still like that couple. And I like Robin better than Quinn, who has been sort of boring to me. Just a placeholder.

LM4sure

Banned
Is this the last season? I know a few of the actors aren't interested in coming back for a ninth season, but I haven't heard anything definitive yet.

I'm psyched. My girlfriend and I marathoned all the seasons before 8 starts. I'm happy that Robin and Barney are getting together. I was definitely rooting for them.

Has there ever been a character on tv where in his first season he wants to grow up and mature and by the eighth season he's regressed even further back from his season 1 self?

bluehat9

Robin will marry Barney. It makes no sense! They already tried a relationship and it ended badly. Quinn seems like the perfect match for Barney. Why build it up their relationship just to tear it down for a shittier one?

Probably just another twist (this is all fake spoilers, but based around what you spoilered out, if that makes sense)
Ted: "why you wearing Quinn's wedding dress, Robin? lol. Let's get back together for a while even though I secretly married Victoria, who backpacking through Europe and cheating on me with whoever the other guy she was planning to marry was. oh, look a purple rock with the word 'toad' written on it. Kids, that's the same one your mother has on her dresser...but we'll get to that story later."

Barney and Marshall are still funny, everyone else can go jump off a cliff.

Kamek

Is this the last season? I know a few of the actors aren't interested in coming back for a ninth season, but I haven't heard anything definitive yet.

Reports are just that - reports. NPH just came out to say he still loves doing the show and if it's financially right he'll continue on to dispel all this talk. Radnor has said on multiple occasions that he still likes doing it as well. Most of the talk was coming from Segel's camp but I can see him coming back for a 9th if possible.

Chances are though, there won't be a 9th. The writers are coming to the fork in the middle of S8 in which they can continue the story or blast forward to the end game - the point of no return so to speak. I actually think 9 seasons would be perfect enough to wrap up the Barney/Robin Ted/Victoria thing and have Ted meet the mother finally but I hope they can do all that in 8 without it feeling rushed.

SJRB

Gold Member
The first three seasons are just so incredible, season 1 finale was amazing. It breaks my heart to see how this series gradually got worse season after season. I stopped watching around the finale of season 6 for pretty much everything the OP states. My breaking point was
Jennifer Morrision
's character and how they just discard a two-season buildup like it's nothing. And that after that, fucking Mosby falls in love with
Robin AGAIN WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TED YOU ARE SUCH AN ASSHOLE

I also really dislike, no I HATE how the show keeps pulling the "lol, just kidding" trick. They show something, they build up to something and in the end it's just a "haha fooled you, something else happened". Everytime they do that it feels like a punch in the face.

"boo hoo I'm Ted the pretentious douchebag who dates one hot girl after the other but I wanna get married for no reason and I cannot find the love of my life but I want it because of reasons boo hoo hoo"

Mosby schmosby.

Last Season finale was really disappointing. Time to end this for sure.

Ted is such as ass hole, I hope the series ends with the kids being his dream and him never meeting his "destiny"

Hieberrr

Watch them pull the ol' switcharoo and make it two different weddings.

vidcons

Banned
The biggest mistake was saying Robin was not the mom.

Robin should be the mom and you keep writing for it and I hate you. I hate everyone who works on this show.

Radec

Here are the schedule and ep titles so far:

8-01 24/Sep/12
Farhampton
8-02 01/Oct/12
The Pre-Nup
8-03 08/Oct/12
Nannies
8-04 15/Oct/12
The Bro Code For Parents
8-05 22/Oct/12
Pauses and Paws
8-06 29/Oct/12
Splitsville
8-07 05/Nov/12
The Stamp Tramp

Demon Ice

Banned
This really needs to be the last season. I have loved this show since day 1, but the ending of Season 7 was terrible. Just end it, please.

Slayven

Fuck Ted. I hope the series ends with the reveal that the whole show was a fabrication created by an insane Marshall to deal with the fact that Lily and Ted was killed in the Ferio while he was driving.

Radec

The first three seasons are just so incredible, season 1 finale was amazing. It breaks my heart to see how this series gradually got worse season after season. I stopped watching around the finale of season 6 for pretty much everything the OP states. My breaking point was
Jennifer Morrision
's character and how they just discard a two-season buildup like it's nothing. And that after that, fucking Mosby falls in love with
Robin AGAIN WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TED YOU ARE SUCH AN ASSHOLE

I hate how they just wash away Zoey's Character. :/

I might be in the minority but I enjoyed how the two fell in love.

CassSept

I started watching it late into Season 7 and eh. Season 7 had a couple of funny episodes, but from a storyline PoV it was a train wreck. Season 4 was amazing, too bad it dropped of a cliff in the next one.

Are there any "we'll get to it later" hanging threads? I remember one (Robin somehow becoming a bullfighter?), but apart from that it seems they used up most of them in the final few Season 7 episodes.

Yami

I love the flashback format of the show, but with that power, also comes great longevity. It's getting tiring and tedious now. Ted, just man up and tell us how you found your freakin' wife.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Like The Simpsons and The Office, this show annoys me now. But I stick with it to watch it until the end. Hopefully this is the final season as he
has a baby by 2015

Ezalc

Marathoned the entire show back when S7 was just about to finish. Awesome early seasons that got progressively worse, I just want Ted to finish the damn story and jump off a cliff right now.

RedAssedApe

Banned
The biggest mistake was saying Robin was not the mom.

Robin should be the mom and you keep writing for it and I hate you. I hate everyone who works on this show.

Always thought they were the best match out of all the girls Ted has dated. In the whole Ross and Rachel opposites attract thing. But maybe that's the whole reason they wrote Robin out as a possibility. Didn't want to go the whole Friends re-tread.

Victoria sucks and I hate how she's getting another arc.

Jexemad

I don't even give a fuck anymore. As soon as the mother shows up at the finale, I'm ditching the series. I don't care if there's gonna be a final season. I. Just. Need. To. See. Her.

SJRB

Gold Member
I hate how they just wash away Zoey's Character. :/

I might be in the minority but I enjoyed how the two fell in love.

Yes, the build-up was way too big for it to be yet another one of Ted's casual flings.

Also - the eventual mother better be a godess like Charlize Theron or something. After dating exeptionally beautiful women on a weekly basis and dumping them like it's nothing my expectations are through the roof.

Ever since the fourth season they've been running on fumes, not getting anywhere.

At this point it's just ridiculous how Lily and Marshall move back to NYC, that Ted meets Victoria again and that Robin and Barney are getting married. That shit just screams incompetent and non-creative writing.

At this point something needs to change and become bittersweet, because in the beginning what made the show stand out, was that it felt sort of real in its depiction of life as it changes. These past seasons things have changed but there have been no consequences which just makes it all so boring.

Maddocks

how can anyone hate teddy westside. hes supposed to be an asshole. he said he needed to change and become a better person because if he didnt, his wife wouldnt have liked him as he didnt even like himself.

so im hoping that hopeless romantic that ted is shines this season and this "fling" with victoria helps shape him into a better man.

If I remember correctly, Older Ted said something along the lines that the Barney x Robin marriage was a problem? And maybe this season will deal with the friends preventing it somehow? Or Barney x Robin will get a divorce?

I do still like that couple, though. Although
Barney x Quinn
was good, we did get bits and pieces of
Barney x Robin
throughout the whole show, kinda...

I'll watch this season. The last one was pretty bad, but I've been watching the show for years so I might as well ride with it to the end. Hopefully this is the last one.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
If I remember correctly, Older Ted said something along the lines that the Barney x Robin marriage was a problem? And maybe this season will deal with the friends preventing it somehow? Or Barney x Robin will get a divorce?

I do still like that couple, though. Although
Barney x Quinn
was good, we did get bits and pieces of
Barney x Robin
throughout the whole show, kinda...

I swear if they bring in Quinn only for her to be replaced by Robin, ONLY FOR BARNEY AND ROBIN TO THEN SPLIT UP, something is gonna go down.

I'm only watching this show to finish it off at this point. I watched all of seasons 1-6 on netflix and 7 later on, but I really want it to end. It was really painful catching up to this late, knowing all of Ted's girls would inevitably not be the mother, and knowing all the Robin x Ted was just filler bullshit.

TripOpt55

Last year's finale was kind of a disaster and the season as a whole just fell flat. I am watching mostly because I have put so much time in, but I am not even remotely excited anymore.

Charles

Hasn't been good since season 4, and even that was a patchy season.

I'm sticking to it for one more season, but there's no way this love story will live up to 8 years of hype.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Season 7 was terribly unfunny. I don't really care about the mother, I just hope this season will bring more than a couple of chuckles.

LM4sure

Banned
Reports are just that - reports. NPH just came out to say he still loves doing the show and if it's financially right he'll continue on to dispel all this talk. Radnor has said on multiple occasions that he still likes doing it as well. Most of the talk was coming from Segel's camp but I can see him coming back for a 9th if possible.

Chances are though, there won't be a 9th. The writers are coming to the fork in the middle of S8 in which they can continue the story or blast forward to the end game - the point of no return so to speak. I actually think 9 seasons would be perfect enough to wrap up the Barney/Robin Ted/Victoria thing and have Ted meet the mother finally but I hope they can do all that in 8 without it feeling rushed.

I heard that Alyson Hannigan was not interested in coming back for a ninth season. If this was the last season, it would be fine with me. I think they could wrap it up this season. I'm curious though if they will wait until the final episode to introduce the mother or if they will do it early on and then we get to see their relationship unfold.

Last season had that episode where it started with Robin telling a story for her kids and ended with a punch to the gut, right?

So I'm still going to watch this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Last season had that episode where it started with Robin telling a story for her kids and ended with a punch to the gut, right?

So I'm still going to watch this.

Yeah, turns out
the kids were just a figment of her imagination because she's infertile.

I'm kind of hoping a lot of the episodes are like that. Make the final season really dark.

I'll watch this, hoping for the mother. I'll even laugh at many of the jokes. I might even enjoy every episode in the season But I won't be happy about it because the endgame should have happened two seasons ago.

Show will be redeemed if Victoria is somehow revealed to be the mother and all the inconsistencies handwaved away with a sh*tty explanation like "She was a completely different person when we first dated. We both were." Or even time travel. Time travel makes sense in a show like this, right? :-/

Victoria > Robin > Stella > Cindy > Karen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zoey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom