• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday Night Live - Season 38 - Saturdays 11:30PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

QBnKtVw.png

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Crap, I thought it started next week! I'll try to catch what I can tonight.

At least Sudeikis is back.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh shit it's tonight? Nice. I hope it doesn't suck.

Also, calling a Live Action Family Guy skit.

Will definitely watch. I'm awaiting to see how the show goes without Wiig. I felt like they had become too reliant on Wiig's "schtick" over the last season and were using it to just fill time. Only so many times you can do that before it becomes grating.

They're finally letting Jay Pharoah play Obama which I'm looking forward to this season. Can't stand Seth MacFarlane, though, so I'm not sure if I'll watch the premiere live, might wait to hear if any of the sketches are worth watching. JGL should be good, he was one of the most enthusiastic hosts I've seen.

Raxus

If they can't nail a political sketch by now then I am probably going to sit out the rest of the season unless they have a great host.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I wonder if they plan to replace Digital Shorts or just dump them entirely for more skit-time. Hoping they try out something new for a change.

Grinchy

Banned
I dunno, maybe I'll watch. I never really watched it consistently before, and many of the things I did like about the show are gone. But hey, how bad can it be?

ivysaur12

Banned
Will watch, if just to see who will rule the pilot season landscape in 3 years.

Also, why is Vanessa Bayer still on this show? Why? Why?

I somehow didn't hear about Abby Elliot leaving... :( Ah, well. If Pharaoh, Moynihan, Sudeikis, and Hader are still in, then I'm still in.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I somehow didn't hear about Abby Elliot leaving... :( Ah, well. If Pharaoh, Moynihan, Sudeikis, and Hader are still in, then I'm still in.
Sudeikis is in for only half the season.

They hired some UCB NY people as writers so I'm interested in what they come up with.

TheMan

i'm excited. the quality of SNL tends to range from terrible to decent, but for some reason i come back every saturday.

good luck to the noobs.

BJK

Glad to see someone else put together the OP this year; I think I did last year's about an hour or two before the season premiere.

Anyone know when the Thursday night specials start up? I'm guessing NBC will be running them throughout October, leading up to election night, but I don't know how many they plan on doing.

Safe prediction: there will be a Clint Eastwood talks to empty chair sketch (probably the cold open).

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
nah not really. I'm just really tired of the fad. These days stuff like Friday and gangnam gets old within like 24 hours.

I can get hatin on what's popular. Though what can he do? He did nothing but put out a video on youtube, he even said on the Today show that he had no plans to do anything outside of Korea except the youtube video. It blew up on it's own because people enjoy it. I wouldn't exactly equate it to Friday.. Friday is just one of those once in a lifetime classics.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
SNL was on fire during the last presidential election, which made me actually want to watch the show after I stopped for years. Afterwards though they became super hit and miss. Hopefully they'll be back with their A game this time.

kingocfs

Looking forward to this season, love when they bring in new blood. Also kind of surprised to see Hader still doing it, this has to be his last season.

aparisi2274

With every new season I come to realization that Don Pardo is still alive and annoucing the cast... Isnt he in his 90's now??

LQX

It's going to take a while to get use to a black Obama. Had to watch tonight because of Seth though.

With every new season I come to realization that Don Pardo is still alive and annoucing the cast... Isnt he in his 90's now??

I think he does it prerecorded from his home now which makes it easier. Darrell Hammond used to fill in for him sometimes when he was still on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom