• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trailer (Sequel, PS4 has exclusive DLC, December 8, 2015)

Fingers crossed. I guess I'll get used to it if it's a permanent feature, but removing it on the higher difficulties would be a greatly appreciated option.

Hopefully the game isn't designed around its use like in Absolution. I don't necessarily mind if they have features like a mini map or instinct highlighting enemies on the lower difficulties, but they have to ensure it's not at the core of gameplay design.

It'll suck to me if there's not a way to identify restricted areas without the map. They should be obvious by posted signs and using common sense.

Foffy

Banned
It'll suck to me if there's not a way to identify restricted areas without the map. They should be obvious by posted signs and using common sense.

Blood Money had a system on the HUD that inferred if you were in an area that your attire didn't allow, no? With a yellow exclamation mark? The map seems to be the substitute for it, unless you get a notification in text like in Absolution.

Blood Money had a system on the HUD that inferred if you were in an area that your attire didn't allow, now? With a yellow exclamation mark? The map seems to be the substitute for it, unless you get a notification in text like in Absolution.

Also, if you weren't armed or being threatening, guards would just tell you to get the fuck out. Simple and effective.

Moff

don't like the new instinct at all. but it's probably still subject to change.
however, I don't expet it to be present anyway on the difficulty I play.

the level looks like the best hitman level in almost 10 years, fantastic

Interfectum

don't like the new instinct at all. but it's probably still subject to change.
however, I don't expet it to be present anyway on the difficulty I play.

the level looks like the best hitman level in almost 10 years, fantastic

Instinct is really a non-issue. Spent 5 hours on the level, doing all kinds of kills, used instinct maybe once. I kept forgetting the game even had it tbh.

I have to reiterate that this game plays a lot like blood money... I mean a lot.

Instinct is really a non-issue. Spent 5 hours on the level, doing all kinds of kills, used instinct maybe once. I kept forgetting the game even had it tbh.

I have to reiterate that this game plays a lot like blood money... I mean a lot.
You're saying all the right things, man. Very happy I preordered. This sounds perfect

Were you able to pull off a Silent Assassin kill yet?

Interfectum

You're saying all the right things, man. Very happy I preordered. This sounds perfect

Were you able to pull off a Silent Assassin kill yet?

I've completed the level three times now in three completely separate ways and there are parts of the level I haven't even been to yet. It's a freakin huge area.

No more checkpoints, saving is back. :)

No silent assassin yet. :( though I don't even know if the final score board takes it into account yet. Seems rough.

Nice, classic inventory style. Not a fan of the rifle sticking to his back though, would've preferred a sling or something to make it look less stupid. Cool to see some callbacks to previous targets (the sped up gameplay mentions the Delgado cartel, the boss of which you kill in BM).

Moff

thanks a lot for the fantastic impressions
can you say anything about the controls? I always felt that was something absolution did better than earlier hitman games.

Interfectum

thanks a lot for the fantastic impressions
can you say anything about the controls? I always felt that was something absolution did better than earlier hitman games.

Yeah the game controls a lot like Absolution. It feels like they took the Absolution engine and just dropped Blood Money levels into it.

Some more screens from the Alpha:

http://imgur.com/a/YjsqH

You can see what's become of Instinct in the first set of images, and his face looks totally different in these screens to the gameplay we've seen.

Also, full walkthrough of the Paris map & mission briefing from Diana (spoilers in this one, obviously): https://a.pomf.cat/qzcswa.mp4

Hello 47, it's been too long...

5YzYy6J.png

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Yeah the game controls a lot like Absolution. It feels like they took the Absolution engine and just dropped Blood Money levels into it.

Please just answer this: is the game still heavily reliant on taking cover under chest high obstacles or did they remove that?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Some more screens from the Alpha:

http://imgur.com/a/YjsqH

You can see what's become of Instinct in the first set of images, and his face looks totally different in these screens to the gameplay we've seen.

Also, full walkthrough of the Paris map & mission briefing from Diana (spoilers in this one, obviously): https://a.pomf.cat/qzcswa.mp4
Wow, that gameplay got my hype up.
Can't believe that maybe they're doing this the right way.

The only thing now it's the episodic shit they're trying to do.

deeptech

I've completed the level three times now in three completely separate ways and there are parts of the level I haven't even been to yet. It's a freakin huge area.

No more checkpoints, saving is back. :)

No silent assassin yet. :( though I don't even know if the final score board takes it into account yet. Seems rough.

Oh shit, December can't come fast enough. Sounds great so far

ironcreed

Banned
I have been overlooking this since the announcement, but it seems promising. Some slow burn hype, which is probably for the best.

MMaRsu

Banned
Omg guys THIS IS IT

Its the true Blood Money sequel weve all been waiting for!!!

A1fINeJ.gif

And Absolution was a horrible hitman game. Great some people liked it but its not a real Hitman game.

Who are these people? Are their opinions more credible than an experience and what you can see? Some people (delusional ones) said Absolution felt like Blood Money too. Keeping in any sort of instinct vision and a minimap already goes against the first 4 games, those that defined the essence of Hitman (before it was being pandered to the masses), so why you think those things in any way should make me think otherwise is a mystery.

They're the ones coming to us with hat in hand telling us how much better it will be after gimping Hitman to begin with. The onus is on them to prove that it's a better Hitman game, and so far we have no real tangible evidence that it's going to be any better. All I'm saying is; let's not get too far ahead of ourselves proclaiming that it's like anything until we see proper demonstrations, like the ones we saw for Absolution.

These short videos that keep getting released, do you think it'd be that hard for me to muster up similar ~5 second clips in Absolution and point out that it's "like Blood Money"?

Like I said;

I am similarly skeptical, but the size and variety of the alpha level looks quite good. The biggest problem for me is not the Instinct mechanic, but disguise mechanics. They fucking ruined disguises in Absolution and turned it into a "don't be seen" stealth game rather than a "blend in" stealth game. I still haven't seen a good impression talking about that.

Moff

How do the disguises work? Like Absolution where people in the same clothes can spot you or like all the other games? Thanks for the great impressions btw.

actually the disguise system has varied a lot from game to game.
and in the new one it's different again. as far as I know there are now new additional supervisors who can see through your disguise.

Interfectum

How do the disguises work? Like Absolution where people in the same clothes can spot you or like all the other games? Thanks for the great impressions btw.

The disguises work like Blood Money but with one minor change. Certain disguises have "special" NPCs that can detect you even with the disguise on. They are clearly marked so you can avoid.

A couple of examples:
- I disguised myself as a security guard. Most security guards accepted my disguise but a couple strategically placed ones could see through it if you got close enough.

- I disguised myself as a waiter/server. All waiters accepted my disguise but one. I'm guessing that one waiter is ment to be a "manager" so they would know who does and does not work for them(?).

The disguises work like Blood Money but with one minor change. Certain disguises have "special" NPCs that can detect you even with the disguise on. They are clearly marked so you can avoid.

A couple of examples:
- I disguised myself as a security guard. Most security guards accepted my disguise but a couple strategically placed ones could see through it if you got close enough.

- I disguised myself as a waiter/server. All waiters accepted my disguise but one. I'm guessing that one waiter is ment to be a "manager" so they would know who does and does not work for them(?).

Sounds like a combo of Absolution and Blood Money, like the rest of the game. Thanks for the info, I like everything I'm hearing. Looks like the devs really meant what they said about learning how to make a better game (although Absolution is perfectly good).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

A couple of examples:

This sounds like a really nice compromise as there were a few points in Absolution where the idea seemed neat. I recall early on in the Terminus Hotel wearing a janitor outfit and having to avoid the one other janitor, which added a nice wrinkle to the social stealth. But most other times you were getting spotted all and raising suspicion just walking by a doorway.

As great as Blood Money is, you are pretty much set once you get the 'best' outfit. A stage like A New Life is drastically simplified by being able to sedate the FBI truck and waltz wherever afterwards. I'm assuming you can still obtain this free reign if you actually take out people like that manager, but this lets them do a lot with level design to make this a lot trickier to pull off.

fuck, I wish I had this level to mess around with.

DOWN

Banned
Face looks like it did in a few of the shots in the original trailer. Perhaps some of you are tunnel-visioned on the shots that had him lit all over, concealing his wrinkles and detail? Looking great so far
Nc1TM8S.jpg

The model also clearly has more detailed textures than in Absolution, but some seem confused about it, perhaps from a lack of dramatic grime and contrast.

The pores man!
L9UOZ73.gif

How does 47 hold a hand gun in this one? A pet peeve of mine was that in blood money he was shooting his silver ballers like it was the O.K Corral ( animations looked weird and stiff)

Coflash

I am similarly skeptical, but the size and variety of the alpha level looks quite good. The biggest problem for me is not the Instinct mechanic, but disguise mechanics. They fucking ruined disguises in Absolution and turned it into a "don't be seen" stealth game rather than a "blend in" stealth game. I still haven't seen a good impression talking about that.

Size and variety - I don't think Absolution lacked in those aspects too much. The size of a lot of places were decent, they were just linear and boring. Size and variety also mean very little if it still feels like Absolution in other areas.

It's going to be the sum of all things that make or break it. Like I said; plenty of gamers said Absolution was like Blood Money too. In this day and age, why anyone would buy into marketing or the opinions of people who've had preferential treatment (getting to try it out for free) is beyond me.

With their open letter and promise of a new Hitman game that would be more like Hitman, it was obvious that the last game affected sales and the series as a whole. Yet people are already preordering it sight unseen (from a real gameplay perspective). It's like; we need your money, we'll make it better. And gamers return with; here's our money, we require no evidence. Yet they wonder why they're getting screwed some way or another with every second AAA release. Madness.

Size and variety - I don't think Absolution lacked in those aspects too much. The size of a lot of places were decent, they were just linear and boring. Size and variety also mean very little if it still feels like Absolution in other areas.

It's going to be the sum of all things that make or break it. Like I said; plenty of gamers said Absolution was like Blood Money too. In this day and age, why anyone would buy into marketing or the opinions of people who've had preferential treatment (getting to try it out for free) is beyond me.

With their open letter and promise of a new Hitman game that would be more like Hitman, it was obvious that the last game affected sales and the series as a whole. Yet people are already preordering it sight unseen (from a real gameplay perspective). It's like; we need your money, we'll make it better. And gamers return with; here's our money, we require no evidence. Yet they wonder why they're getting screwed some way or another with every second AAA release. Madness.
I simply can not fathom how anyone can play Blood Money and Absolution and then say Absolution was like Blood Money. It's just baffling.

And "the opinions of people who've had preferential treatment (getting to try it out for free)"? Sharing impressions of an alpha is different from hyperbolic statements like "best game ever" or whatever (ie the press hype of the extended U4 demo). If someone here or on another forum says the game plays like Blood Money with Absolution controls, their impressions should be discounted because they got to play an alpha for free? It's not a review, there's no stakes in it for an alpha tester to post negative or positive impressions on a forum compared to a journalist sharing impressions of a press demo on their site or channel

It's one thing to be skeptical, another to dismiss anything anyone has to say just because they had the opportunity to try the game before you.

You're being childish and you're simply not using a lick of sense if you think that way. Those members that were invited to the event were part of hitmanforum.com for the longest of times and also had their opinions over how Absolution was a bad Hitman game. They also can use logic as good as any, and can very well make sense of what was criticised in Absolution when making comparison between it and Blood Money for others.

What is beyond you is simple logic. Don't try to bring everyone down to your level of skepticism and pessimism, junior.

DOWN

Banned

Uh, we have a bunch of credible testimonials from people who have played it, in addition to the gameplay introduction trailer, dev statements, and alpha reels. Plenty of people haven't pre-ordered for a variety of reasons, but not everyone feels as burned or cynical as some longtime fans do. It can't be that odd to know people are excited enough by what we've been shown so far to go pre-order.

HardRojo

Is it wrong that I want to start playing this series only because I thought the reveal trailer was very stylish and amazing?

Top Bottom