• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

Whats with the player switching? It like has the arrow of the player you control and then another arrow for the COM you can call to press... But he is the only player you can switch to.

Problem he sometimes I don't wanna switch to him.
That's the auto switch using L1. It's the same as it always was just shows you who it's going to choose now. Use the right stick for manual switching.

philm87

Whats with the player switching? It like has the arrow of the player you control and then another arrow for the COM you can call to press... But he is the only player you can switch to.

Problem he sometimes I don't wanna switch to him.

Can use the right stick to select. Just shows which one it'll be if you just tap L1 or call a second defender.

Edit: beaten to it by a long way.

Judging from the earlier posts PC servers are still RIP.

tocry.png

I just want my updated rosters Konami.

(any maybe edit out neymar in a barca kit. lol)

RAIDEN1

So where or can anyone point me in the direction to an option file that would not only have the usual premier league/la liga etc....but also has the german league INCLUDING Bayern Munich, all the italian teams including Juventus...and Real Madrid, was a pain in the ass getting that all together without all the previous data being overwritten just to try and get the complete german league in PES 2017....Where is that comprehensive file..

PaulLFC

Installing an OF has reminded me of one thing - how stupid the design of the front USBs on the PS4 Pro (and OG PS4) is. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to give them basically zero clearance so unless you have a USB extension cable you pretty much can't plug a USB stick into them?

Having to mess around swapping my external HDD from the back USB just so I can plug a USB into it is ridiculous. The front USBs might as well not exist.

philm87

So where or can anyone point me in the direction to an option file that would not only have the usual premier league/la liga etc....but also has the german league INCLUDING Bayern Munich, all the italian teams including Juventus...and Real Madrid, was a pain in the ass getting that all together without all the previous data being overwritten just to try and get the complete german league in PES 2017....Where is that comprehensive file..

http://fbnzstudio.com/ that's the one I used on that site. Pretty good but currently incomplete. Will need to translate the site.

Hasney

Yeah, I couldn't go to sleep knowing something was wrong so finally found out it was the sample rate of the sound card being too high fucking the game up.
Wow.
Installing an OF has reminded me of one thing - how stupid the design of the front USBs on the PS4 Pro (and OG PS4) is. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to give them basically zero clearance so unless you have a USB extension cable you pretty much can't plug a USB stick into them?

Having to mess around swapping my external HDD from the back USB just so I can plug a USB into it is ridiculous. The front USBs might as well not exist.

Well they still charge controllers so not exist is a bit of a stretch.

Grassy

PC servers still not up, what the fuck are these incompetent twats doing?

Does it look weird on PC for any of you guys? Don't know how to describe it, but it looks weird on mine. Kinda grainy I guess.

It feels like something's off with the lighting, it seems kind of flat and lifeless?

Matty8787

The FPS drops are doing my nut in... Just played a full game no problems whatsoever, come off the game completely and then go back on it 20 minutes later, play a game and get drops all over the shop with no settings changed.

Hasney

Yeah the lighting is flat and baked in. Heard some complaints about the PS4 Pro version looking weird compared to the demo too.

Knurek

One thing I noticed are some weird black halos around the ball and players (AO bug?). But only during the replays. *shrug*

What if PC servers are never going up? The game still sold a ton, mostly outside of Steam due to the absurd price there, so it's not like most of us can refund it...

One thing I noticed are some weird black halos around the ball and players (AO bug?). But only during the replays. *shrug*

What if PC servers are never going up? The game still sold a ton, mostly outside of Steam due to the absurd price there, so it's not like most of us can refund it...

It's just a very, very simplistic SSAO implementation. We're talking the kind of quality of SSAO you used to get back on PS3/360.

T-Rex.

Banned
I don't think there has ever been a PES game that has been released with a fully functioning online at launch :lol

The worst was PES 15 where it took them like 2 weeks or something to fix an issue where their servers were blocking certain ISPs (in the UK) from connecting to other opponents. It was impossible to find a match for ages and their communication was terrible.

I don't think there has ever been a PES game that has been released with a fully functioning online at launch :lol

The worst was PES 15 where it took them like 2 weeks or something to fix an issue where their servers were blocking certain ISPs (in the UK) from connecting to other opponents. It was impossible to find a match for ages and their communication was terrible.

BT6aUVuIMAE9keZ.jpg:large

dsk1210

I am not sure what some people are on about the PC version looking weird.

It looks stunning on my PC, honestly did not expect it to look so nice and 60fps replays are awesome.

Shit about the server problems but hopefully that's resolved soon.

Bumhead

Banned

But this goes back to my earlier point that Master League should exist seperately from any attempt to create a "realistic" career mode.

Master League was at it's best when your objective was to start with a bunch of nobodies and turn your squad into world beaters over a few seasons. During the true glory years of PES Master League didn't even have a "proper" transfer system. It was simple but it was incredibly compulsive and fun to play.

The more football games try and replicate real football to the letter, the more they open themselves to criticism and the more they move away from what used to work so well.

Football Manager exists for that bloke to grind out a career at Everton. I don't think that is where PES (or FIFA) are at their best.

Man I'm trying to forget about it but Konami did my boy CR7 wrong, he has always had interesting hair cuts/styles and yet in this one they just gave him the old buzzcut with a little line here.

Grassy

Glad to see it's not just me. I didn't play the demo on PS4, but I did the beta and that was absolutely fine so no idea how they've messed this up lol.

Also, adjusting the Lens Simulation to low and Post-processing to off seems to clean the image up a bit.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Also, adjusting the Lens Simulation to low and Post-processing to off seems to clean the image up a bit.
This is what I did too. Fixed the grain Look
But this goes back to my earlier point that Master League should exist seperately from any attempt to create a "realistic" career mode.

Master League was at it's best when your objective was to start with a bunch of nobodies and turn your squad into world beaters over a few seasons. During the true glory years of PES Master League didn't even have a "proper" transfer system. It was simple but it was incredibly compulsive and fun to play.

The more football games try and replicate real football to the letter, the more they open themselves to criticism and the more they move away from what used to work so well.

Football Manager exists for that bloke to grind out a career at Everton. I don't think that is where PES (or FIFA) are at their best.
Perhaps but its still no excuse for not making any great improvements to the mode in years. EA have managed to improve Career Mode a lot and FUT is their focus.

It's a shame because master league used to be the bees knees but they even got rid of the old default players

Agreed with this. PES for pure unadulterated fun creating a magical team. FM for the ball aching realism of finding out just how shit you are at actually managing and FIFA for an in between approximation. I also don't think FIFA really have improved their career modes that much there's still gaping holes. Also no matter how much better it gets if the gameplay doesn't work, the mode doesn't work.

Bumhead

Banned
Anyone else seeing a lot of weird stuttering during games? Like a stuttery slow down. It's worse in some matches than others but it's deffo there and quite distracting.

On PS4 Pro.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone else seeing a lot of weird stuttering during games? Like a stuttery slow down. It's worse in some matches than others but it's deffo there and quite distracting.

On PS4 Pro.
I was on PC, might be a problem with the game.

Tbh, if I'd bought this direct on Steam I think I would've got a refund. These servers are beyond a joke now.

Top Bottom