• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma |OT| Skip the first two games? Nein Nein Nein

Volcynika

kgCT2Ct.png

am1V890.png

December 31, 2028. Nevada desert. Nine people have been living and performing experiments for the past five days in the Dcom facility. On the sixth day, they discover they are trapped in confinement rooms, an unfamiliar black bracelet strapped to their left wrists. A mysterious figure in a mask appears before them, demanding that they play the “Decision Game.” “The lives of you, me, and the human race hang in the balance.” Transported to a shelter underground, they are divided into 3 teams and left in separate wards. Which team will manage to stay alive…? The fate of all mankind rests on their decision!

cD5pAGn.png

• Platforms -- Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, PC
  • Genre -- Adventure, Puzzle, Tragedy
  • Publisher --
    • North America -- Aksys Games
    • Europe -- Aksys Games
    • Japan -- Spike Chunsoft
  • Developer -- Chime
  • Release Date
    • Nintendo 3DS
      • North America -- June 28th, 2016 (Physical / Digital - 9,558 blocks, 1194.75MB Required Space)
      • Europe -- June 28th, 2016 (Digital)
      • Japan -- June 30th, 2016 (Physical / Digital)
    • PlayStation Vita / Vita TV
      • North America -- June 28th, 2016 (Physical / Digital - 988MB Required Space)
      • Europe -- June 28th, 2016 (Digital)
      • Japan -- June 30th, 2016 (Physical / Digital)
    • PC (Store Page)
      • All regions - June 29th/30th, 2016 (Digital via STEAM, Release based on time zone)
  • Voiceovers
    • North America -- English/Japanese
    • Europe -- English/Japanese
  • Website -- Official Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma Website | Zero Escape Portal
  • PC Requirements
    • Minimum
      • Processor: Intel Core i3-530 CPU 2.93 GHz or better
      • Memory: 4 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 1GB or AMD HD 7700 1GB(DirectX 11 graphic card required)
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Storage: 4 GB available space
      • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    • Recommended
      • Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K CPU 3.40GHz
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 1GB or AMD HD 7700 1GB(DirectX 11 graphic card required)
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Storage: 4 GB available space
      • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
  • Box Art
    cg2xvLl.png

nMc2tkx.png

IZxOym1.png

DtARud8.png

Y9C8umU.png

vdeQ2Co.png

ETJETBS.png

NfWngzA.png

A972b9T.png

ECUFzbk.png

• Question - Where is the spoiler thread? I MUST DISCUSS IT!
  • Answer - Here you go! They aren't tagged, so be careful! Spoiler Thread

• Question - How is the critical reception for the game so far?
  • Answer - Check out the Review thread by takoyaki!

• Question - Is this game enjoyable for those that haven't played the other Zero Escape games?
  • Answer - You could find some enjoyment, but it is *highly encouraged* to get the most out of this game, you play the previous two games (or at least know their plots). The amount of information needed to understand the backstory is massive. Additionally, you will end up spoiling the previous games, should you want to go back.

• Question - But those games are not available on the platform I have/want to play it on! What do I do?
  • Answer - You may be in luck! There have been hints given from Uchikoshi and Spike Chunsoft that both Steam and Vita may see ports of 999 (Vita currently does not have 999, and PC/Steam currently does not have 999/VLR). We will hopefully see in the coming days if an announcement is made, and if it happens, hopefully a VLR port for Steam is in the cards as well.

• Question - What's the best platform to play on?
  • Answer - Depends! If you value portability, then obviously 3DS or Vita. If you don't need that, the PC version looks to be shaping up well.

• Question - Anyway to compare platforms before purchase?
  • Answer - Yes! Spike-Chunsoft released some gameplay samples from each version, so feast your eyes on some gameplay footage from each version:
    aDyJ7ev.png

• Question - Is there anything as cool as a talking rabbit in this one?
  • Answer - Doesn't look like it, but there is a dog named Gab! Dogs are cool! #TeamGab

BE KIND TO YOUR FELLOW ZERO ESCAPE FANS. SPOILER TAGS SHOULD HAVE CONTEXT. THIS HELPS KEEP PEOPLE FROM MISTAKENLY SEEING SOMETHING AHEAD OF WHERE THEY ARE. TEAM NAME / ROOM NAME / ETC. GOES A LONG WAY TO HELP OTHERS.

--
Give props to Nachos who made the fantastic graphics, and curse/praise JerkShep for the subtitle. Also a few changes left to be made, but to move discussion to the appropriate area instead of the review thread, pushed it ahead a bit earlier.

Isotope

Still surreal that ZTD is an actual real thing and not just some pipe dream. What a wonderful world we live in.

Burbeting

Banned
Subscribed.

It's been four years... first three thinking there would never be a sequel. I'm ready to play this one, right now!

Jb

Great OT!

Feeling pretty good about dodging spoilers so far. This'll be my first ZE game where I know nothing about the plot in advance.

Anyone else preorder on Amazon? Mine is showing that it will arrive Thursday.
Almost everybody did. And practically nobody's orders have shipped.
It's looking like it won't ship until tomorrow for a Wednesday/Thursday delivery.

If you want it day one you're either gonna need good luck at a retailer or you're gonna have to go digital.

I've probably been to about 5 different places looking for a copy on the shelf that might have been put out early on accident. No luck. Also, no luck really finding vita games on shelves. That's just sad.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Usually for games I prefer the English VAs, but hearing the new voices aren't all that hot and fucking Sugita is Carlos I'm tempted to switch over.

I should've got around to replaying VLR before this came out to refresh myself, this game totally snuck up on me...I think I'll slowly remember the basic plot points once the game brings them up though.

//ARCANUM

My body is ready. I'm sure I'll be back in here later in the week asking tons of questions, LOL. Never had the pleasure of playing a ZE at launch. (Assuming Amazon comes through with my order :/)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Eh, I'm still of the opinion 999 is pretty genius but VLR got a bit too much at times...it wasn't bad, but I prefer the simplicity and vagueness of 999 (like the stuff with the mummy) over VLR's bluntness.

I'm glad this game seems to be dialing things back a bit with the character designs being a bit more normal, Q excluded, whereas the characters of VLR were a bit too over-the-top looking.

Top Bottom