• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loyal Xbox Gaf Fam- how are you feeling right now?

Xbox fam- whats your move going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I left console for PC a while back. Microsoft... I just don't know what they're doing. Which makes sense, because they obviously don't know what they're doing either.

Just don't screw up Fable. Please?

FybACT9aQAEgpjz.jpg

Last edited:

Zuzu

I’m interested in the concept of a steam-machine style Xbox for the next generation. If they do it well then I can see myself buying one. I already have a Switch and PS5 so I’m not an Xbox only person anyway. But I’d be interested in getting the next console even if all their games are on Playstation as well.

Last edited:
i will hold off on their future hardware, no chance I’m buying at launch anyway.

Currently I am considering who I dislike more, the management or their media sycophants/fans. They have all played a part in where they are.

Huge potential ruined by ignorance and self interests.

Not really loyal to a single ecosystem but my Xbox library is pretty large and I don't think it's a safe move to invest heavily into the PlayStation library either. I'll probably eventually shift to PC again while also playing Nintendo games. If Microsoft releases a console that somehow can run Steam, that would be an awesome transition box.

I've already begun moving to PC. I own around 1200 games on Xbox though, so I'm not just going to toss my Series X in the garbage, I will just be buying all future games on PC. I have a PS5 so I could move there, but to be honest PC is just the better place long run both cost wise and with backwards compatibility. Last night I was going through my physical Xbox games, making a Steam wish list, and I even replaced a few with games that were on sale on Steam and I will throw the physical Xbox games up on Ebay. Already setting aside a budget to upgrade my HTPC into a gaming PC that I can use on the TV as well, hopefully I can have that done by October or so.

Kacho

Been mostly PC for the past decade, but I'm OUT on Xbox consoles. I still have my Series X, which I like, but I'm done buying games. No more money goes into that dying ecosystem. Can't believe this is how my Xbro days end. I really thought they would turn things around this generation. Still no solid details on Perfect Dark... wtf mang? lol

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with loyalty. I jumped from PS to 360 when PS3 was sucking. I jumped to late PS3 / PS4 when Xbox was sucking. I jumped back to Xbox when PS5 was sucking. I'm likely jumping to PC next gen from the sound of it, just interested in my library coming forward. A steam machine style PC is pretty much everything I want in a system.

As for subs, they still have the best sub as of right now. As for games, still interested in a ton of them. I will continue playing what I want from all publishers, just buy less boxes.

If they invest in less AA stuff, it'll be a huge disappointment. Not much else to say about it. Just means that stuff I may have been interested in will not exist because not enough people give it a chance or care about it. Just have to focus on the AA and indie stuff that does exist when I want more experimental stuff.

Rosoboy19

Neo Member
The Series X is pretty solid hardware and I like Gamepass so…I guess l’ll stick it out for the best of this gen anyway and see what happens

Antwix

I'll stick with Xbox as long as Microsoft Rewards is still a thing. I have PC too so not a big deal regardless.

S0ULZB0URNE

Good thing for the Xbox only is if you ever left or they stopped making hardware... you could still play many of your games on PC.

Not really loyal to a single ecosystem but my Xbox library is pretty large and I don't think it's a safe move to invest heavily into the PlayStation library either. I'll probably eventually shift to PC again while also playing Nintendo games. If Microsoft releases a console that somehow can run Steam, that would be an awesome transition box.
…Are you me? I was about to type this word for word.

intbal

I'm 50.
All the games I like were released from 1977-2015. I still play them. Nothing much changes for me.
Games have been lousy for the past decade. Unless Microsoft's next Xbox plays PC games and can run a version of Windows, I have purchased my last gaming console.

King Dazzar

Already gone to PS. Part of me will always keep an open and hopeful mind for the future of Xbox. But they'll have to do something consistently amazing to win back my trust. For me to ever consider spending anything on their hardware again.

BigLee74

The day they stop creating games I like, or provide services I like, is the day I will consider not getting the next Xbox.

Not the day they shut down a few studios out of the many they have.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Mehh, coming from an ex pro athlete who could be cut or traded or sent down to the minors at any moment these layoffs don't affect me if I like a brand or not

I still prefer Xbox hardware plus I love Gamepass and that hasn't changed

I would imagine if Redfall would have been an actual great game their jobs would have been safe and seems like HiFi Rush did not sell enough to keep them alive

Draugoth

Gold Member
I used to be a console fanboy... when i was 12.

As an adult, consumers should aim for services that mostly benefit them. I'm sticking with PC because of pricing, albeit i wish i could return to Playstation and Nintendo sometimes

djjinx2

I'm not a loyal Xbox fanboy but I have been Xbox Only since PS4 (sold it and bought Xbox 1)

I am happy with my Series X and gamepass as a whole.

I will see what the next Xbox is like, it has to be either a really powerful console with GamePass as it is or even better. Or a more open device like a PC/Hybrid.

If MS just bring out something average or with no added value over Playstation then I'll get PS6.

Last edited:

GHG

Yes ? Was something difficult to understand ?

Right now I still have a Series X at home and great third party games getting physical releases... Maybe this will end with 2024, who knows ?

Ok good for you, however what you said in your previous post has largely already happened.

Top Bottom