• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb reiterates that the PlayStation Showcase is happening this month

saintjules

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

We're approaching the second half of the year. If it's an 'E3' style showcase, then plenty of late 2024/2025 title announcements with a bunch of indie titles sprinkled in. Also expecting some updates with games like Crimson Desert and such.

Since the Pro info is out in the wild, they could tease something about it for a full reveal later into the Summer. However, tempering expectations, I wouldn't expect to see it here.

Then again, the PS5 design + price reveal happened in the June 2020 showcase. All up in the air there.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Since the Pro info is out in the wild, they could tease something about it for a full reveal later into the Summer. However, tempering expectations, I wouldn't expect to see it here.

Then again, the PS5 design + price reveal happened in the June 2020 showcase. All up in the air there.
It’s possible, both PS4 Pro and PS5 were revealed in their June Showcase with more info shown off prior to release.

the annucment should be next week, right?

there are several games that have some kind of deal with PS. Silent Hill 2, MGS3 remake, they also need to show actual gameplay for concord and fairgaym$. is pragmata a thing? what about that indie game... devil something + more third party games.

all of the above fits better for a State of Play

If it's really a showcase.. I don't thing the timing is quite right to show what people actually want to see (AAA games one after the other)

I would guess SoP > showcase > PS5 Pro reveal.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Naughty Dog
Santa Monica
Sucker Punch
Guerilla

Time to show the fuck up. Heavy hitter 1st party games or get the hell out of here.

We should have huge expectations after the horrendous show they gave us last year, and the lack luster year they've had this year.

Anything less than that and I wanna see the media give them F- and D- grades all around. Stop being soft with these C's and B-'s

Another show full of AA trash, indie trash, and GAAS trash will not cut it this time around. Show your big guns., stop being so secretive.

Spider-Man cant save you this time

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
If it's really a showcase.. I don't thing the timing is quite right to show what people actually want to see (AAA games one after the other)

I would guess SoP > showcase > PS5 Pro reveal
Showcases typically occur in the first week of June, if the rumours are correct then it has been brought forward 1-2 weeks.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Maybe they will show a game that isn't a behind the back, third person, narrative focused game with light rpg elements and long walking sections.

I won't hold my breath.

Also if any of them hire SBI or similar agencies, they can go fuck themselves.
Not a GTAVI fan?

Showcases typically occur in the first week of June, if the rumours are correct then it has been brought forward 1-2 weeks.

It was May 24th last year
that one was the shitty one, right?

it had such a bad reception that Sony actually had to do damage control and they set expectations correctly afterwards.

so... if the say is a showcase, they better deliver something like the live Orchestra one (without the Orchestra of course)

tmlDan

Thank god we have two shows coming up, we need some positive news.

I hope both are great shows.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
that one was the shitty one, right?

it had such a bad reception that Sony actually had to do damage control and they set expectations correctly afterwards.

so... if the say is a showcase, they better deliver something like the live Orchestra one (without the Orchestra of course)
Had too many first-party shooters. :sleep:

Marathon
Destiny
Helldivers
Fairgame
Concord

I finally want to hear about the game Cory Barlog is working on. We only heard a long time ago when Ragnarok was announced, that this was the reason he didn’t return as director for Ragnarok.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
What's Sony Bend and Bluepoint been up to? Seems about time for an announcement of what they've been working on.

Bluepoint we may hear something

Bend…I wouldn’t hold my breath. Lot of studio changes and they haven’t gotten too far with their new IP due to supporting other studios for a while

jm89

That's 2 playstation showcases.

1 this month and one next month(june 9th)

Last edited:

GymWolf

As usual i have no expectations whatsoever but if by any chance sony remember to be sony i hope to see:

Sushima 2 or even better, trash that turd and gimme a new infamous game
New corey santa monica project
New bluepoint game
Whatever bend is cooking
Fake 30 sec trailer of the new ND game
Maybe a side-project from guerrilla
Title\logo of next housemarque game

But we are probably gonna get third parties and indies as usual.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Had too many first-party shooters. :sleep:

Marathon
Destiny
Helldivers
Fairgame
Concord
The problem wasn't too many shooters (Sony gets criticised for not enough shooters) the problem was three of those were just CGI not representative of the game at all (not even fake gameplay)

midnightAI

If they were going to announce it this week I could see them delaying that due to the MS studio closures, bad timing and all that.

My guess is that we'll see the game that Team Asobi has been working on, GoT 2 reveal trailer, gameplay from both Concord and Fairgame$ and maaaaybe some positive Marathon news from Bungo. Oh and perhaps a tease for Cory's upcoming game. The rest of the showcase will focus on upcoming 3rd party stuff.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Two Jeff Grubb threads next to each other on the front page is a bit much dontcha think.

Dude is just talking out of his ass 99% of the time.

Last edited:

Sensei

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think this one will be a good Showcase/State of Play. Most of the 1st party projects will probably be released in 2026 and beyond, so apart from maybe Ghost of Tsushima 2, we won't see anything relevant. Hopefully there will be some good 3rd party announcements/trailers, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Marathon changed directors a year ago or something, so I'm not expecting to see it soon.

I actually not expect to see much of anything again from first party. Hopefully some cool 3rd party stuff. Monster Hunter Wilds with a release date?

Matt_Fox

Resident Evil IX or Resident Evil 5:RE.

Anything Capcom would be welcome, they seem the one dev who can get games released with regularity.

Xtib81

Not gonna wait for anything but if Sony could go hard for once, that would be the time. Their 1st party AAA output has been very weak.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Banned
Ghost of Tsushima 2, Crimson Desert, Marathon,Concord,Bluepoints new IP,Cory Barlog new IP,Horizon Monster Hunter-esque multiplayer,From Software new collab..
Get to it Sony 😅

Top Bottom